Monday, February 23, 2009

We're OK, but our Barn Isn't

Mango Momma here...

Our barn burned while we were both at work today. I am a little shaken but I can't really be too upset because the house is OK and the dogs are fine which is what really matters. Fortunately a neighbor saw the fire and called the fire department. I don't know if the structure is OK or not, but my husband's workshop (i.e. his tools and everything) is gone. Note to mention the beautiful cabinet he just finished for our new 46" TV. I'll have more pictures tomorrow, but for tonight we're just waiting for the fire marshals to leave. Here's my Mango trying to cheer me up with his St. Patrick's day outfit.


Mango here: Yeah, lots of excitement and lights and guys all in my yard, but Pee-Wee and I were safe and sound in the house. We'll have lots to sniff tomorrow!

20 comments:

the professionals said...

aw mango thats pawsitively arfoolll- sloppy licks to you all im glad you are all safe!! doyle ;D

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

How awful! Glad to hear the house and everyone is okay. Mango, if your mom didn't laugh, I did. You are a great comic relief.

Hope all is okay! PS- if u want to call my mango madness spray foo foo stuff, go right ahead. My mom says it's better than smelling like poopoo stuff.

Here's something to cheer u up. I really like your mama jokes...this one is funny. Your mama's so stupid she heard someone say it was chilly outside so she ran and grabbed a bowl. How you got a lil lol....

Your
Norwood

Petey said...

Oh no! I guess we should have crowned a dalmation the Best of Show at Mangominster. So relieved to hear that no one was hurt. And while things can always be replaced, still, what a heartache and headache.

Sure hope that Lacie wasn't hanging around with a lighter, feeding Mango bean burritos....

Your pal,

Petey

wally said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry, MangoMan. But so glad that no one was hurt. Good work with the cheering up. I hear Guinness is good for cheering up, too. Apply directly to the gullet.

wally t.

dewdana said...

OMD How awful! Moose and I are so relieved that you and your boys are safe! Very traumatic none the less. Hopefully you can salvage something out of the mess :-( take care!
Dana + Moose

Coco said...

OMD! thank goodness you are all ok!

Puppy Kisses,

Coco - The Princess

Asta said...

OMD What a shock!
Thank dog all of you awe OK..I'm twuly sowwy about youw bawn and tools and cabinet and stuff..but they'we weplacable You AWE NOT!!!
you have ouw love too and that's something
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Koobuss said...

OMD! How awful!! How could something like that ever happen? Thank God that you guys were not in the barn. How scarey! At least everyone is okay. Whew!! But it's a shame that your folks lost that cabinet and their tools. We know they must be very upset and quite rattled. Good luck to them.


Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Chef said...

Blogger was acting up again and I couldn't leave a comment last night, but it's working fine now... I wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your fire, Mango, and that I'm grateful everybody is ok.

xoxo
Chef

Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

How horrible! We're so glad you're all ok.

Ruby and Penny said...

Hi Mango
We're so sorry that your barn burned down. Thank goodness everyone is ok. You did a good job trying to cheer up everyone with you St. Pat's costume. It made us laugh.
Love Ruby & Penny
Ps - Those are some very scary pictures.

The Daily Echo said...

We're so sorry about your barn! But we're so glad to hear you're all safe.
ECHO

Maggie and Mitch said...

We are just sick for all of you! We have barns too and they're very important to us! We are so very sorry this happened, guys! We thank the Lord that you guys are all okay!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Eric said...

Mango. I'm so sad and sorry for you and the leggededs. Thats just downright awful and not right. I;m so glad all you dudes and the house was ok but even so...

BTW I too tried to leave comments for a couple of days several times but blogger wouldn't let me. Lets hope it will now.

Eric

Lacy said...

w00f's Mango and Dexter, wow, me so sorry...me tried to leave a comment b4 but bloggie woodnt lemme...me iz glad u all iz safe, soory u lost all ur stuff in the fire..

b safe,
~rocky~

pps, heehee this iz the 3rd time me tried to leave a comment, soo me copyied this one and saved it...bloggie iz being bad to u..

Joe Stains said...

omdog omdog we are sosososososososo glad you guys were ok and it stayed in the barn. We feel bad for your Dad and his tools because tools are so very expensive and the hand made stuff is priceless. But again, we are so glad your home and you guys were ok.

ocmist said...

Oh, my goodness. We are so sorry to hear of the loss of your barn and the things that burned. Praise God you and your family were all safe!!! We all love having you for friends. You have brought us so many smiles and laughs.

I hope you had insurance for replacement on the tools and barn. Linda

By the way, I don't wear overalls when working on cars, but sometimes my Master puts his Napa hat on me. They put a pic of it in the blog tonight... How embarrasing! Dott

Stanley said...

WHOA, Mango!

I'm catching up here but I'm just STINKIN' glad you and the Dexter and your peeps are all okay!!

Goober love,
STanley

Saint Lover said...

OMG I have missed so much durring my move! But this...oh wow! I am sooo sorry! But I am glad neither of the pooches were injured.

I've missed you guys!

babyphat523 said...

We've missed so much Mango & momma! But we are very happy to know you are all OK!

xo Chums & family