Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Barn Confusion, Sporty Dogs, and More Pee-Wee

Let me tell you why I was abandonded on Sunday...

First my brother, Jake, came over and he and Master headed down to Connect the Dots to visit my sister. Fine. But then... momma left too to go with my sissy-in-law and her mom to a Sporty Dog Show! Sporty Dogs!

It seems my brother has decided he wants a doggie and he is determined to get a labradork. Why oh why? Do we really need another labradork in the family?

Jake says that he is a sporty guy and needs a sporty dog. Well, I will tell you, he used to be a sporty guy, all hiking and camping and ice climbing, but ever since he bought his money pit, um, I mean house, all he ever does is the fixit up activities. That sounds more like he needs a proper working doggie, doesn't it?

Anyhoo, the sporty dog show was like labradork central.
My sissy-in-law, Shannon wants to get something smaller but equally sporty since this will be her first dog. I think that makes sense.

She really liked this Tolling dog (must work for the Turnpike Authority).

Ugh, more labradorks.


Shannon also liked this little spaniel.


Momma liked this pup because even though he is a total show dog he is clearly also a doofus of the highest order. I think he's looking for some mud to roll in.




By the way, isn't it curious that there was an indoor water park adjacent to the sporty dog show? I bet they all headed over there after the event for some splashy time.



I fear that Master's brain has become a bit addled in his old age. The first sign was that he insisted the aire compressor (I hope he isn't planning to squash dales with it) needed to spend the night in the kitchen so that it wouldn't catch cold.

Then this morning I heard yet another big machine coming onto my estate.


Master told me, "Mango! The barn is here!"


Huh? That looks like a pile of sticks, not a barn.



I think what it really was was just another fun big machine toy for Master and his pals to play with.




I called Master over to the fence for a consult. "Oh my Master," I said, " I hope you did not pay money for that barn."


But he seemed convinced that the barn had arrived! Here he is all happy with his pal, Rick, who is helping him with his constructions.

The Pee-Wee checked things out and agreed that whatever came on that truck was most certainly NOT a new barn.



Sigh...

While Master and Rick continued their little barn fantasy, I amused myself by getting furminated...


And slamming Pee-Wee into the ground.



But he started pouting and saying that I am a big bully and shouldn't be knocking him down all the time (yuh, as if).



Aw, look at the pathetic little thing.

Just to show that I am a good sport (hmmm... possibly a sporty guy after all), I decided to let the midget feel like the big guy for a change.


Oh, you got me! You are indeed a large and fierce labradude!



I surrender, please do not hurt the Mango! Hee hee hee!




When Momma arrived home from work, Master was eager to show her the "wall" he and Rick built. Now I may be a few slices short of a loaf, but even I, Mango, know that walls are supposed to be, uh... vertical! This is very disappointing.


Judging from the interior of the garage, I think Master must have spent the day entertaining his tool time friends with his new saw. " Wow! Look at that baby cut wood!" I am sure there was lots of Dunkin Donuts and hearty bonding all around.




Mango Man! Oh yeah!

30 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

I think a khlumber spaniel would be good!

OR a one of the bestest fluffiest khutest khikhkiest bestest (oh wait said that) SIBERIANS!

Do woo need me to khome help raise the barn? I offured to help with the razing but woo took khare of that!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: The MangoMobile needs a stikher: No More Labradorks!

Amber and Nala said...

Did you say Dunkin' Donuts....Mom says those are good but we don't have those stores out here! :( They are going back east for a visit soon though so she says she will go get some....she better bring some for me. :)

That will be fun to have a new dog in the family.....I think that little Spaniel was cute too.

Also, you did notice correctly....I was "nekked" in the yard....it feels soooo good to run free! ;)

Kisses,
Nala

Marty McFly said...

Hi Mango!
Sounds like your brother needs a dog who can sport a tool belt! Wonder where he could find one like that?? ;)

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrrr Mango
dont go for the setter they are nice to look at but not the brigh crayon in the box Harrrr.
Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

Asta said...

Mango
I can't undewstand why anyone would want a labwadoode when they have you as a shining example of pawfect dogdom, heheh
umm, Daddi's seem to like toys lots..hope you'ws had fun today
smoochie kisses
ASTA

tnbullterrors said...

Hey Mango, we're sorry we haven't visited yer bloggie in a couple of days, DawgMom is being "too busy" to let us see our friends. Something about workin. (eyes roll) anywho, looks like you got yer work cut our fer you with that barn. We could come help. AND, we thinks if yer brother wants a sporty dog, he should go fer a German Wire-haired Pointer, they have brains at least. Or maybe a Wim-a-highmer. (*note from DawgMom~it's a Weimaraner kids, not Wim-a-highmer, please excuse them Mango, they are smart alecks sometimes)

Feather, Darla & Pappy, the TN Bull Terrors

Koobuss said...

Mango, you seem to have lots of problems. Sounds like nothing is going right, from labradorks to horizontal walls. Maybe after a good nap things will be better.

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Suzuki said...

OMDog Mango! You be falshing EV-FURRY thing in that picture!
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Noah the Airedale said...

I have one word for your brother....airedale!!! Sporty, handsome all round great dog hahahaha. Ok I only a little bias.

Now my pinky B would love hanging out with your master building that wall. He's got all those bits and pieces for wall building too.

tailwags
Noah

Martha Basset said...

Hi Mango
We liked the little spaniel - kinda reminded us of Martha although of course she isnt a spaniel!!
We are also a bit worried about your Dad's building - how can a wall be flat. Anyways we are sending our Dad over special delivery - he is an expert in such matters.
Your barn will be rebuilt in the swiftest possible time and to the highest standard!!
Have a great day.
love
Martha & Bailey xx

Maggie and Mitch said...

Dunkin' Donuts??!! Does your dad need two more helpers, Mango?!
BTW, us Dales are VERY sporty!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hershey claims that she's ot the 'best' suggestion for your Jake and Shannon... How about a Border Collie? It is (in Hershey's own words) a lovely, intelligent, sporty, affectionate Medium-sized dog...

Pamela, Kira and Scampi said...

NOT a border collie for someone who has no time, they are such busy dogs, I think the NSDTR (Toller) is the best choice. Very smart little sporting dogs!If you can't get a siberian or a mastiff, get a Toller!. Have fun with that barn thingy guys!
-Kira The BeaWootiful and Scampi the impatient

Gus said...

Your dad is workin' fast! We think he will figure out the wall thingy soon.., we hope that happens before he has a pile of walls all over the place.

Muzzer says English Springer Spaniels are good, particularly tri-colors like her "sainted" Nigel. But they are very doofussy.


Gussie

peee-ess..They once took Nigel from Azrizona to the cabin on Lake Superior, only to find out that he did not like to swim! Who's the doofus here?

Petey said...

If your brother had seen me at the dog run yesterday, leaping like Michael Jordan to get the ball, then he'd know that Cairn terriers are the sportiest dogs around!

As for the barn, well, maybe Master got confused and that's the floor - see? with those square open spaces for jacuzzis for Mango and PeeDexterWee? Works for me! Where will your snack bar go?

Your pal,

Petey

Ludo van puppy said...

yeah, I think you're right there, that's not a wall. Maybe you should take over contruction from now on Mango.
~lickies, Ludo

Tee said...

You're a good sport Mango, letting brother win in wrestling for a change.

The barn is coming on nicely ...

Licks and Wags,

Tuffy and the Dog WOods Pack

Nibbles Treats said...

Mango,
Our dad is running around the house saying something about a "Road Trip" and that your dad "needs him!" Tools make every guy a little squirly.

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Penny, Poppy & Patches said...

I think you're right, Mango Man, the wall should be vertical! I sure hope no Airedales come around your estate while they are using the Aire-compressor! We have a ginormous one, in our basement and we Aire-pups stay away from it. We don't want it getting carried away and squishing any of us! Tell Master that we said good luck with his new barn!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Deetz said...

Since your dad messed up that wall (vertical...lol) you could always use it for an obstacle course for Hector.
Deetzy

The OP Pack said...

Mango Man - you crack us up - and we see another x-rated photo there!!!

Did you say Dunkin Donuts - Mom says it is so unfair, the closest one to us is 35 miles away. She really misses DD.

Hang in there, the walls will soon be vertical, just be careful not to bodyslam them down.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

bighoneydog.com said...

Oh Mango - that is a great post! So funny and full of interesting stuff!

You know, I'll bet you're a real softy in side - not the tough macho dog you like to pretend you are! Us Giants are always real softies at heart...

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

pet care tv said...

Mango could have driven that big lumber truck. I feel like Mango is capable of a lot.
It would be awesome to have mango become a part of the MyPetCare Community

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Oh Mango...showing all your bits and pieces...hehe

We love seeing pic's of you and Pee-wee playing. You two are so funny together.

Holly & Zac...XX

Moco said...

We are truly befuddled by all this barn, not barn stuff. It looks like Master sawed the barn into a puzzle.

Dennis the Vizsla said...

hello mango its dennis the vizsla dog hay i think yoo ar overluking the posibility that yore dada has desided he wants to bild his barn sideways i am not shoor why wun wood do this but it probly has sumthing to do with sum sort of taks dedukshun for sideways barn bilding ha ha ok bye

Joe Stains said...

Humans are so goofy? Seriously, he just made a bunch of sticks that lay on the ground? Your Mom better step in and do something or she is going to have the flattest barn in the world.

Joe Stains said...

Pee S. You sure your bro doesn't want a Boston Terrier. About 4 years old. Kinda fat. Really dense. Name sounds kinda like Man Morkelson?

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

Mango..

I was most impressed not with the barn but that stick and berries package you displayed. You grow your own mangos I see. Tell sissy in laws - cattle dogs.. sporty smaller and lots of fun. (I'm not biased no no). Camp= I go to Best Friends in Sudbury on rte 20. My mom's last dog went to Gibsons. That is a great place but a bit out of the way for me to go each week. She drives 20 from Marlboro to Waltham for work so I get dropped off.
Oh Tula's mom thinks she saw you on her way to work. I think Mango was talking to an elderly lady? I told her I don't think Mango is difficult to notice.

Norwood

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

Slowly getting caught up.
The barn is starting to take shape! Glad to see the hoomans eventually understand the right way to put the walls. Our daddee is verree jealous of all of the yellow and black tools that your master has. He wants to come and play!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo