Momma and Master FINALLY got their giant LCD TV. As you can see there is no picture on it. Why? You ask?
Because when Momma plugged the cable in she got a bad shock and the circuit shorted out. Pee-Wee thought he might be able to fix it, but I counseled her to call my brother, Jake, right away because he is a Jollyman Elect Twist Can.
Well, Jake came over, but he could not find any elect twist tackle problems. However, he did take the time to reconnect our outside lights thus facilitating NIGHT GAMES.
Prior to the night games, I feel it is important to puff myself up and make fierce sounds lest there be boogums lurking in the shadows.
After which I am ready to begin my maneuvers. I warmed up my large and right sized to fit around the squirt's neck jaws by munching on a stick I had carefully pruned from one of our bushes earlier in the day (sure there is snow on the ground, but that's no reason not to start with the landscaping).
OK, come here you googly eyed midget! I am ready to bitey your little pointy head.
Hmmm... this is a new move. Some sort of seal slide along the snow.
Hey! That's my butt!
Hey! That's Pee-Wee's butt!
Clearly the night affects somebody's photographic skills.
In the morning, the cable fixit guy came. He didn't believe Momma that there was too much elect twist city in the TV and had to see for himself. I covered my eyes so as not to witness the hapless fixit guy getting electrocuted.
Sure enough, when he plugged in the cable, smoke started coming out the watch ya call HDMI connector. You can't really see it, but the connector is a bit charcoal in color now.
The cable fixit man put his electrical detector on the HDMI and said there were elect twist cities pouring out of it from the TV and that was the problem. So he left.
Well, pretty soon, the Geek Squad showed up. Momma explained what was happening, but they said they had never heard of such a thing, so they wanted to try plugging in the cable box too. I tried to warn them not to, but they heeded me not.
I was so tense that I bited my leg to keep from shouting because I totally did NOT want to see the Geeks get fried!
I advised Pee-Wee to hide his eyes lest he get blinded by the lightening shooting out of our cables.
Sure enough, when the Geeks plugged the cable box in.... BANG! This time sparks shot out of the box and it got a little singed (see Momma pointing at the burn mark)?
So everybody agreed that the new TV was leaking elect twist city and needed to go back. Momma decided to punish the evil TV by putting it in the sleepy room (something about not wanting wayward doggies banging into it).
Personally I was pleased to see it tucked as far away from the cable box as possible. I am cautioning the large, flat, spark machine to stay put.
So then Master brought back the old TV, but when Momma hooked it up, this is what it looked like! It was crying for help. Please call the cable fixit guy again (but at least it didn't blow up).
Now that I look at this photo more closely, I am wondering if the elect twist city ran into the squirt because he appears to be glowing.
That's it! I declared a night off from high tech woes! Maybe Momma could like read one of those books the library police are always coming after her for.
Gee, pee-wee's eyes are still glowing... nobody put the voltmeter on him...
Overall a most perplexing day.
Mango Man! Oh yeah!
P.S. From Momma - For all you uber geeks out there, you can play along at home to try and figure out the problem. There is a definite charge on the HDMI cables out of the TV that gets picked up on a volt meter. The co-ax cable works just fine plugged directly into the old TV and the cable box is happy plugged into the wall with the co-ax plugged in. But the HDMI causes a short. The cable box is not even required. If I leave the cable box out completely and just touch the HDMI to the co-ax it arcs. I did have the other HDMI plugged into our new blue ray DVD and it was working fine, but since that wire also had charge coming off it, I have disconnected everything just to be safe. We are getting a replacement TV on Monday, so have a few days to ponder. Thoughts?
Oh yeah, you can check out this thread on the Best Buy site from somebody with a similar problem. I'm not buying the whole inny outy cable thing, but we could try running new wires if that makes sense. We do have a splitter with one wire to the computer and one to the TV. You can send your ideas to me directly at backupdogATcomcastDOTnet