Thursday, April 16, 2009

Awards!

Waldo sent me this nice thank you certificate for competing in his tricks for treats contest. I have been practicing very hard so I will do better next time.




Then I got this card in the mail from that Lacie Beast and her brothers, Scruffman and BabyStan. It has an actual mastiff on it! It says, "Hey Look! It's - wait, that's NOT the Easter Bunny."





"Come to think of it, those aren't EGGS either."
No indeed, little beast, they most certainly are not. Heh heh.




My good pal Dennis gave me this fabulous award.
Thanks, buddy. I would like to pass this award along to;
Saige and Guiness - who are actual full sized doggies having full sized adventures (and that Saige has such long furry leggies - oh my)
Miss Daisy - who is just too cute in all her whiteness
Moose and his brother TeddyNO - they make me happy I only have one labradork in the house
Miss Sophie - who is just the queen of all
and
Brind d'Amour - who is a new pal and really a cool little dude.




I also got an award from Honey. I am supposed to tell you ten honest things about myself. Since the Mango has shared before, I am going to tell you five new things and then let Pee-Wee have a turn.

1. I like to carry around debris from the yard in my large and baggy jowls and put it in my water bowl, but then I don't want to drink out of my bowl because its, well, dirty.





2. I never ever beg for food at the table, but I do sometimes coach guests (like Grandpa) on how to assemble their sandwiches.





3. I like it when it rains because I get to wear my cape!





4. Sometimes when momma is helping me learn dance moves I get confused and try to do everything I know how at once (here I am touching with my foot and spinning at the same time).




5. Well, let's be honest, sometimes I just get confused in general. Life is complicated after all. Am I right?



OK, Pee-Wee's turn...

1. I sleep on the couch even though doggies aren't allowed on the furniture. I even have special blankets that momma washes for me every week.



2. I enjoy wood carving even though my efforts are often under appreciated.




3. I HATE getting into the mastiff mobile, but am quite content once inside.



4. I am a little afraid of the Relentlessly Huge sometimes so if he wants to lie down where I am all he has to do is look at me and I move. I mean, come on, look at the size of that thing!




5. I HATE to be left out of ANYTHING! And am always jumping up and putting my snooter on the glass.




So now we have to pass this along. I will let the midget pass it to his labrapals.

And I will pass it along to;
Stella
and Bu (who I hope will have more bloggy time now)

That's ten, right?


Mango Man! Oh yeah!

29 comments:

Gus said...

Oh yeah! Muzzer says Mango Man is not alone in bringing strange stuff inside in his jowls to deposit in the water bowl. They had an English Springer who brought all sorts of stuff in, including a lizard one time. It is our duty in life to make the Mango Mom appreciate the small gifts.

gussie n teka

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh Mango what lovely awards.. We know you are the most graceful beast of all. We don't believe a word they say about you..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

misskyliem said...

What great awards! And an Easter Card just for you! Whoo HOo! What a great idea to put pictures with all your things!! I love pictures of the Mango Estate Residents! :) Dex, I think by the time Mommy is ready to send me back to the swim club she might be closed for the summer. But I plan to practice in the lakes so come fall and winter I will have enough Kibble bucks saved up to go during the snow!! Maybe we can go together!!

Licks,
Kylie

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Pawsome awards, Mango Man...

What's with not sharin' that hammer with the Dexter? Seems like you say jump and Dexter sez "how high?" Are we correct on who is the Alphadoggie??? Lacie would probably beat both Stan and me over our terrier heads with that hammer...she is so moody lately!

Loved the post on Hector...he looks like he needs a parachute to get down from the second story of the barn!! Poor little guy!

Bet he's pumped for the wedding!!

Barkin' at ya...

Pawslaps,

Scruffman

GoldenSamantha said...

Lovely awards and a card! Grrrr-eat card! (plus amusing commentary..!) And I like your honestscrap - you both have interesting observations on the stuff you like to do. Dexter: you're a super wood carver - Mango - like the water bowl trick.
Blog is just wonderful - love coming to visit you both!
Hugs xo
Sammie

Aniemother said...

Now who wants to be left out? I'm with you on that one, Dexter!

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Congrats on your awards Mango.

We love that pic of your handsome self on your number 5. :-)


Holly & Zac...XX

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Yet more proof woo are really the khanine we ALL want to be!

Khongrats on all the stuff woo listed/pawed/posted/etc!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Khan woo even fathom how large Lacie's butt would be if she were a mastiff?

wally said...

Mango, I think we could use some sammich assembling tips around here. My ma ape always forgets the meats. And cheese. Yeesh. I think you look especially dapper in your cape. Superhero Mango. Though the superhero bit is redundant.

wally t.

ps. THE PEPPY SHEPPYS??!!!?? They don't have a BLOG. They RENT space on mine. Sigh. Now I'll have to give up precious space. Sigh.

daisydog said...

Thanks Mango! Your are not only the largest but the greatest too!

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

Gus finks hee iz a leathurr tannurr. Mommee duz not apreesheate it eefur.

Wuv,
Waldo

Lorenza said...

Congratulations on your awards!
Thanks for sharing all those honest things about you and Dexter!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The OP Pack said...

Congrats on the awards and nice card. Wood carver - we will have to remember that next time TD decides to leave his mark on a chair rung. We love your cape, Mango - does it give you super powers when you wear it, oh, never mind, you already have super-sized powers:-)

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Pamela, Kira and Scampi said...

Ah Mango, you make my heart go aflutter, all of those intimate details, I love the one about the water dish, because I do that too!
-Kira The BeaWootiful

dewdana said...

Geeeze Guys! Thanks for the awards! We are honored and will blog about them and pass them on this saturday. Your card is hilarious! I did not realize you did modeling RH! I have to wonder though who you are calling a dork with your water bowl issues. I agree life can be complicated though so maybe I just don't get it ;-)
smooshy kisses from me moose + teddyno!

the TN Bull Terrors said...

Congrats on yer awards, we get stuff in our water bowls too, but it's cause Chief our dumb Chinese Crested brother digs in the bowl like he's goin to China or sumthin'

Feather, Darla, Pappy & LizzaBella

Huskee and Hershey said...

Wahahah.. Mango I know someone who'll admire your woodcarving efforts. She is a beginner and has chewed up our wooden floor piping that made mom sooooo mad!

Maggie and Mitch said...

A rain cape? What a wonderful invention! I'm going to let mom know that I NEED one in pretty pink!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Penny, Poppy & Patches said...

Congrats on your awards, guys! We, also, like to deposit all manner of contraband into our water bowls. Then we sit in front of the door to the dog feeding room and look pitiful until someone cleans the bowl and gives us fresh water. BTW, we love your rain cape!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Noah the Airedale said...

Congrats on your awards matie.
We love it when you wear your cap too Mango. You look like a superhero.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

wow! those are amazing pics! we can't believe the size of your head MAngo! what is an award and what do we do with it and how do we collect it? i am afraid we are not yet so versed in the blog world---hehehe! regardless, we feel honored to be given an award! even if we don't know what it is!

Brind'Amour said...

Wow Mango, you sure get a lot of mail! Congrats on your awards and thanks so much for passing my first award along to me!!!! Thanks Mango!!!!!!!

Wiggles,
Brind'Amour

Martha Basset said...

Hi Mango
Congratulations on your well deserved Awards.
We liked your ten honest things - several of them made us smile. Our mum liked your description of you trying to dance - it sounded so much like our Dad!
Lovely pictures and keep up the good work supervising the sandwich making.
love
Martha & Bailey xx

Mack said...

Congrats on your awards big dude!

I know how Dex feels...no one around here appreciates my carpentry skills either....

Murphy Dogg said...

Hey Mango,
Congrats on all your awards! I agree, life is confusing. Especially when perfectly good leftover food gets thrown in the trash when I would be more than happy to eat it. In this economy, we should not be wasteful!
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

Nibbles Treats said...

Thanks for sharing some more interesting facts about you and Dexter. We were amused.

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Dennis the Vizsla said...

It's good that you offer the humans your sandwich-making expertise -- somebody has to explain these things!

Minnie-Moo (Rescue Lab) said...

Good to read more about you boys :)

Muzzle says we will work on my facts soon, when she's got some stuff out of the way.

M-M
xxx

Joe Stains said...

Tanner is often very confused also, so I an understand you Mango. Tanner also likes to do all his tricks at once. I am not making any inferences here, just sayin.

Anywho...PeeWee, don't chew on wood dude, you might hurt your mouth then you can't eat snacks!