Monday, April 27, 2009

Visitors and Pee-Pee Party

Wow! I can't believe how self absorbed my little Pee-Wee brother is. I mean he spent yesterday all yapping about "his" new swimming pool and totally neglected to tell you about our family gathering on Saturday. Guess it's up to me to report on that even though now it's totally Monday night and lots of other things have happened in the meantime and.... OK, here goes.

So on Saturday, I was very excited because my entire family came over for a cook-out, including my nephew, Misha. I was looking forward to some super bitey face action with the little dude, unfortunately, THIS happened.

Yes, friends, in just one short day it became totally way too hot! Heck, that thermometer is in the shade for pete's sake.


Subsequently, I was compelled to retreat to a shady spot and rest my large and heat vulnerable self prior to even ascending the stairs onto my observation deck where large amounts of foodables were being consumed.


Arriving on the deck, I managed to slip unobserved behind my sissy, Liz, to scout out the buffet table only to find that the greedy peoples had consumed everything with great haste.


Exhausted and disappointed, I implored Grandpa to share at least one bite with me, but he denied me even a tiny taste (usually Grandpa is a push over, but I knew all was lost when I saw Grandma sending him the evil eye sayin not to feed the poor Mango).



Meanwhile, Misha appeared to be living by different rules and was enjoying a fresh brewski. Misha lives in New Haven Connect the Dots where his dad (my borther-in-law, Nate) is getting something called a PhD at someplace called Yale. I am not sure what a PhD is (possibly Patting his Dog), but I know Yale is one of those universities places where Misha and his dad probably sneak off for Friday night keggers.




Burp!



I didn't include this picture for any particular reason other than to show off my goober (this photo is for Nate, hee hee).






OK, so this is all kind of boring, right? Even if it was too hot for bitey face, surely three resourceful chaps such as Pee-Wee, Misha, and my large and deep thinking self could come up with some entertainments.




It was when Misha excused himself to unload some of that beer that I had my brainstorm! We can have a pee-pee party. That's like a totally cool guy thing that doesn't require any sudden movements.

Being a good host, I let Misha have the first honors.


After which, the midget and I both sniffed politely and then added our own.





Then it was my turn and I left a nice Mango sized puddle for the two little dogs to ponder (actually I kind of walked a little whilst peeing to spread things out).




Then on to vertical objects.



And the little guys in a pee-pee circle.




Well, I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

Eventually, we were out of juice and Misha assumed his doga position indicating that he was ready to go home.






Everybody left and I retired indoors where it was a bit cooler to recover from a somewhat exhausting and draining day.

I think Pee-Wee might have gotten too much sun! Dude looked a bit cracker dog.




The little guy was beat.




As was the Mango!



Overall, a very enjoyable day.

Mango Man! Oh yeah!

34 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Nice furamily gathering!

Today's weather sukhks even more!

In fakht, my mom is delaying our walk fur a bit longer - it is khlose to feeling like 90 (celsius!)!

I do have to shake my female head at the thought of all the marking stuff!

We know woo just need to pee, twist, kikhk!

Rest up!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Or are woo trying to lure my floofy tail to Master Chew Sits to tutor woo on googliereaderthingies?

H&K,
Khyra

Heather and Pumpkin said...

Hi Mango,

You sure put the P in Party!

xoxo
Pumpkin

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

Mango!
What's up? Losing your touch- no bites from anyone? Great Pee game though. But I thought every party had a pooper? Who was that?

Norwood

ocmist said...

Hi,Mango... Thanks for your comment on my blog. Yes, it is nice having Auntie Sadie. I wish I convince Mama, that it is ok to have two special doggies around.

I know just what you mean about the heat... That wave went through here last week for about 3 days it was up in the high 90's... from the 70's the week before! At least it finally went down again here.
Dott

ocmist said...

Hey,Big Man, You've got a pool just like ours for hot days, only ours is a lot deeper on us than yours is one you!

I got to go the to coast with Mama OC, Mom,and Dad last night. We are here for 3 days while Dad tests his wells out here. Dott's Master lent us his laptop. I'm doing my best to mark everything in sight, but I keep running out of juice... Got any hints? BG

P.S. Mama says Hi!

misskyliem said...

Daddys car on Sunday read 90 degrees!! It was crazy for us furry BLACK dogs... I'm sure a guy as big as yourself had some trouble keeping cool. Next time come take a dip in my lake! BOL It's COLD!

Licks,
Kylie

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

A pee - pee pawty...BOL

We bet you won though Mango, you are the Mango man after all..hehe

Holly & Zac...XX

DCampy34 said...

Looks like you had a nice day even with the heat - I stood indoors all day even though there was a party outside - it was too hot for me - but the little ones had a good day. I watched from the glass doors.

wood

Snowball said...

You sure had a blast with all your family around you. Too bad that grandpa didn't share his foodie with you. What exactly do your gandma mean by asking him to stop feeding poor Mango man? Isn't you a real poor Mango when you dun get what you wish for? Strange hoomans....

Misha is a pretty girl. Did she get to have a dip in pee wee's new pool?

Luv
Snowball

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Gee Mango...even Grandpa wouldn't give ya any foodables....that stinks...maybe you should go and visit that Misha doggie up at Yale and go keggin' with 'em...I'd give a lot to see you doin' a kegstand....

Yeppers...sure looked like you guys killed off a bunch of grass...

Mumsie refused to get the dog pool out this weekend...she said it wasn't Memorial Day...sheeshch...we're dogs....

Doesn't Stanny look pretty in his bows? I think Bruvver is gonna kill Mumsie!!! hahahahahahahaaa!

Love and kisses...Laciegirlie

Dr. Liz said...

Geeze!!! You guys have All The Fun! A pee party!!! FUN!!! (But totally uncool about not getting any Eatables. That is just majorly uncool. And at a party, when EVERYONE should get Eatables.) BTW, my Mom has as Ph.D., and it definitely involves lots of time Patting Her Dog. *kissey-face* Fiona!

Niamh said...

Oh great! A boy peeing party. I guess I have to look forward to this kind of behavior from Ambrose. I may send him up to live with you if he starts all that marking.

Your friend,
Niamh

The Thundering Herd said...

You "slipped unobserved?" Mango, we do not see you ever "slipping unobserved" anywhere!

But we loved the pee party.

Lorenza said...

Sure you all had a pawesome time!
I like Misha's yoga position!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dozer and Coop said...

As always, another entry to make us proud. You rock Mango and your goobers are historic.

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

Bae Bae said...

That looks like a fun gathering.

It's really hot over my side too.

~ Bae

Maggie and Mitch said...

We can't believe not a single soul shared foodables with you, Mango! How rude!
Your peepee pawty looks like a fun event! Misha is one handsome boy!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

bighoneydog.com said...

Ohhh - I loved sharing your family day with you, Mango! You have such a funny way of describing things - your posts always make me laugh!

And of course, our favourite photo is the one of the 'goober'...as they would say over here, "Great one, mate!"

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

wally said...

Poor Mango! The heat, the neglect, the labradude... I'm glad you made it through.

wally t.

Aniemother said...

Oh! A pee party sounds good! And Mom and I agree that if nobody sees it it's not gross. However if someone turns up and.. let say step in it they're allowed to say it's gross. It is not your grossness, though, but the drool's very own.

Philosopug out!

Kess And Her Mama said...

What - They had a party and you didn't get any treat! That is so not fair. Still, it must be nice to have the family around, so I guess that makes up for it.

Aki and Poopie said...

hey mango,

considering the amount of peeing involved, i wouldnt be surprised if dexter had made some of his permanent dexter no. 5 markings on you.. hehe..

drooly kisses,

Aki

pee-ees. does the inflatable pool really work? i was telling the hooman that it was high time i get my own pool and the claws were on no way gonna burst the whole things. they were not totally buying the entire story. *sigh*

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

that was a great day buddy--liked the pee party!! sorry about the lack of handouts...

Brind'Amour said...

Thanks for the play-by-play Mango! Too bad about the heat. I feel your pain. But the Pee Pee Party sounded like fun!

Wiggles,
Brind'Amour

Martha Basset said...

Hi Mango
What a lovely day with your family. It was hot right enough! We also think they were a bit greedy eating all the buffet! You could starve to death!!!
We will send a food parcel.
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

Ludo van Doggy said...

Sorry it beed too hot for you dude. That too bad you couldn't do bitey face, but it sure looked like a good family gathering.
~lickies, Ludo

Lucia said...

Ciao belli Mango e Dex!

Sheesh, Mango! Is someone using your large and introspective self as a ... foot rest!?!?! Add that to the trauma of no foodables and soaring temperatures and it's just amazing that you were still able to devise the clever yard game. You are il tipo, ragazzo....!!!

Tanti baci!
Lucia

Joe Stains said...

Glad somedog is still letting us know what is going on at the estate. 80 is BOOtiful for us buddy, that is usually our low temperature in the summer at like 3am. WHICH if you look at that cracker dog pic of Pee Wee explains why Tanner is the way he is.

Glad you had fun with your family.

Mack said...

Wow is it usually that hot in Messachusetts this time of year?

You looked so despondent when granpa wouldn't give you any food!

Amber and Nala said...

BOL...a pee pee party! YTou are hilarious Mango! How do you come up with these things? Hope you survived the brutal heat. :)

Nala

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Mango you were robbed. What was Grandpa thinking not to share with a handsome dude like you.

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

daisydog said...

Oh Mango! I hope your guest was over 21! She does look a little refined to be drinking brewskis!

Joe's Foster Dogs said...

What a great picture story!