Saturday, May 23, 2009

Award and Barn Update

Remember when I told you about Rick digging holes behind the barn? Well, Master finally caught him and built this elaborate contraption to discourage further digging.



If you ask me, it would have been easier to just put some poop in the holes and be done with it.

Meanwhile, Jarrod has taken up painting which is apparently harder than it looks because he worked up such a lather he had to take his shirt off (yes, he is available if any of you have young, unattached female peoples in your house).





My newest pal, Jackal, gave me this nice award.


Here are the rules;

1. Post it to the blog and link to who gave it to you.
2. List seven things you love.
3. List seven blogs you love.
4. Comment on those blogs and let them know you've given them the award.

Let's see... seven things the Mango loves.

Well, this photo combines three in one! I love meditating, sun baking, and being with my family.






I also love working on my Amazing Mastiff Moves. This is an old movie, but there are some new ones coming soon.





And yes, I do at least like the Pee-Wee, especially when I get to bitey him.









Another thing that I look forward to twice each day (but it would be more often if I weren't constantly being starved to death) is having my most yummers puppy food. I even made a movie about it.

Some say the Mango is "dumb as a bag of rocks" but I know when it is puppy food time and I start my floor banging to alert the idle peoples that they need to get moving.


Momma is always asking me if I want my puppy food. Duh! What do YOU think? Sheesh!

She calls me Bubba sometimes. That's her lovey name for me.



Finally, one of the things I love most of all... the Running of the Errands!

Mind you, I have been somewhat ROTE deprived due to Pee-Wee infringing on my Saturday mornings with his dumb agilities school (I don't know why he still goes because he is repeating beginner agilities for like the third time already).

Of course ROTE is involved by touring about in my Mastiff Mobile. Let's go!



Momma doesn't back up too well, so I help her navigate.





Every ROTE concludes with a trip to the dog store. I wait in my Mastiff Mobile so that I can guard against invaders. Hurry back!






I always get a special Car Cookie from the Dog Store. Today's was some sort of eclair.





Most yummers!




This is my bottom. I like to clean up all the crumbs and Momma waits until I am done and settled back down before we proceed lest my large and unstable self take a tumble when we zoom around corners.



So those are seven things I love!





Now I need to pass this along to seven pals. I choose;

Rocky Creek Scotties - They are a pack of feisty little critters.

Bajas and Virus - Who live in the mythical land of Norway

Maika and Dakota - Who are really big and fuzzy and cute

Kiko - Whose bloggy I read with a translating device which sometimes makes things sound funny

Tuffy - Who lives with about 578 unruly pups

Rufus and Indie - Pee-Wee made me add them. They are labradogs.

and, finally

These strange dogs - who I would really like to learn more about

Momma took this photo a few days ago and has been nagging me to post it. Sigh. So easily amused...


Mango Man! Oh yeah

31 comments:

wally said...

Mango I feel like I have learned so much about you. I like your tail banging trick to hurry up the human (it's like those rowing races where someone bangs a drum to keep them in sync). I opt for a loud whine myself. We were all most impressed with your tricks.

wally t.

Heather and Pumpkin said...

Wow Mango, I love the video of your Mastiff Moves. A lot of those moves are Japanese Chin moves too. For example, I do something very similar to your "high five". But its called "Superstar" and I think my paws reach near mom's mid-thigh! I can't believe how high you can reach. If you were at my house, I bet you could reach all the goodies on my foodables shelf, its only like 4ft off the ground. We could have a feast!

Brind'Amour said...

Hey Mango,

Why are your ears stuck like that? Why do humans think it's funny? My mom does stuff like that to us all the time.....

I love your tail banging to remind your mom it's dinner time. I don't have a tail long enough to bang so I resort to the "silent bark." I know that barking for dinner is rude so I do the thing mom can never refuse! She thinks it's funny!

Wiggles,
Brind'Amour

Martha Basset said...

Hi Mango
We liked the video of you getting your puppy food!
You are certainly some puppy who likes his food.
That is why you have grown to be so big and strong.
The barn continues to look amazing.
love
Martha & Bailey xx

Owner of Storm and Jackal said...

Woof! Mango those are good ones. Loved the videos. I told my Mommy about the award you gave to my own personal chasing goats . . . eh . . . I mean her wonderful goats that I never chase and she said she has to keep their page professional because it's for prospective buyers, so she won't be posting the award. I think that's probably fine since the only thing they love to do is eat! And slam their heads into each other. I don't get that. Thank you though for giving them the award. I might post something about them on my blog, so you can learn more about my goat-dogs. Sound good?

Jackal

Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

The barn is looking pretty good...My Mom says it's nicer than our house...

Love your videos...Your Mango Moves are just perfect...

And, I love the Puppy Food Trick...I bet it works every time...

Abby xxxooo

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

The barn is coming right along Mango.
It sure didn't your largeness very long to woof that food down...
Have a great weekend..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Ah yes!

It is right up there with "do you want to go fur a walk...do you want to go fur a walk"

And they khlaim to be the more intelligent species?

Tank woo fur sharing your Bubba'ness with us!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I hope Dexter's working with the DOH fur the big walk!

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Me again...

I meant to say I told Gus the PF's babies shriek like The Lacie Beastie...He khouldn't believe it!


Don't they?
He say Muzzer got behind in laundry bekhause she watched the PF Kham fur a while!

H&K,
MFT

Rufus, Indie (and Anita) said...

Oh Mango, thank you so so so much for the award! Hey Dexter, YOU ROCK!!!
Kisses
Rufus and Indie

Dennis the Vizsla said...

hello mango its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow i think yoo cud fit peewees entire hed in yore mowth if yoo wanted to!!! not that yoo wood want to!!! ha ha ok bye

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
The barn is pawesome! Is it almost finished??
I love your Mango moves!
There is no puppy food in my house but I remember it and it was delicious!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Gus said...

Mango Man....Teka picks up the dog food dish and SLAMS it down when it is time. Gets their attention really fast! And we love the ROTE too...one of our favorite things

thank you for telling us about your Most Majestic Mango self

gussie n teka

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

Oh Yeah Mango!
Love the wagging during puppy food time. I mean come on.. how many clues do you need to give momma. I love running errands too. Once a got a slice of ham in the dunkin donuts drive thru! Can u believe it.

Oh you look half baked in the last photo.. better get inside.

I'll see u tomorrow at Paws in the Park. I haven't registered so I'll be at that table before the walk starts.. 11:30am ish. Mom's name is Debi. I think u know what I look like.
Your whacky friend,
Norwood

Mason Dixie said...

Wow what a full post today, so much going on. Such a busy big guy. =)

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

I HAVE OLD HEN DOTTY DISEASE. I just realized I'm a week ahead...

Mom's drinking wine alot. I hope that explains it.
NOrwood

Joey said...

Hi Mango! Your barn looks great! I think it's going to be the best barn ever. You certainly do know how to wag your tail hard at puppy food time. I don't think Bubba is so bad for a lovey name. My mom calls me Waggy Baggy Cottontail. Can you believe it?

See ya!
Joey

Molly and Taffy said...

Hey Mango congratulations on your award we certainly enjoyed reading and watching your 7 favourite things.

Have a good weekend.

Molly and Taffy

Martine said...

MANGO!! You look so freaken cute jumping through the hoop!!!

xo Sugar & Martine

The OP Pack said...

We thought you had invited a drummer to dinner with all that banging - LOL. Congrats on your award and we love learning about what you love.

woos, the OP Pack

Technodoll said...

Awe! thanks big guy - you're super duper and get our smoochies all over your big noggin!

Rooooo!

D & M

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

haroo, Mango! Mommee laffed reelee harrd at da Amazing Mango Moves videeo, but she sez it alsow givez hur sum gud ideuhs fur Waldo.

So tanks fur nuffin.

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

the TN Bull Terrors said...

We're back in bloggie land!! Now we hafta catch up on stuff, what's this about holes???

Feather, Darla, Pappy & LizzaBella ^..^

MJ's doghouse said...

oh mango you always post something to amaze me....very interesting...i do enjoy a good butt shot...

Suzuki said...

Hi Mango!
I'm just stopping by to let you know that Scooby & Lady have set a date fur their wedding. Stop by my blog to see how to RSVP if you would like to attend.
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Maggie and Mitch said...

We just loved your tail banging video, Mango, and that eclair looks soooooooooooooooo yummy!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Rocky Creek Scotties and Java said...

Thank you for the award. We will be talking about it on our post tomorrow.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Mack said...

My mom calls me Bubba too!
That eclair sure looked good.

Joe Stains said...

omdog Mom calls me Bubba sometimes too. But then she calls Tanner Bubba as well. She is confused. Anyway, thanks for sharing all of those things, we did know a couple!

Murphy Dogg said...

Hey Mango,
That puppy food video reminded me that I have been jipped out of a tail. I am so jealous that you can bang the floor for food! Wiggling my nub just doesn't do it.
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

DCampy34 said...

Barn looks great - it is really coimng along - great to see he has stopped digging - congrats on your award and great reply - those all seem like really great thing - especially the running of the errands - we go with mommy too - but we dont get car cookes - gotta talk to mommy about that.

Woodrow Sweetie MJ