Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wheelie Wednesday - Recovery (and a new award)

Hector Wheelie here.

As some of you may recall, I recently had a tutoring leaving me with a bit of a wound in my most private area. I briefly considered getting some of these, but Momma but the kibosh on that. Oh well.


My stitches got a little itchy, so Momma said I would need to wear a cone until I was fully recovered and since they didn't have any Wheelie sized cones at the V-E-T I had to make do with this contraption.



Dexter was bemused by the entire affair. At least somebody is still having fun.




I haven't been able to go walkies either, so my exercise has been pretty much limited to inspecting the various things growing in our yard.

In the garden we have some broccoli and Swiss chard.




And the cherry trees show promise of lots of great fruit for making jam and such.





I wanted to inspect the barn progress, but my stupid cone got stuck in the fence and I had to be rescued. Very embarrassing.




Then Mango complained that I was getting too rambunctious.






So Momma stuck me in the recycling bin to keep me calm.




Having never been crated before, I did not take kindly to it and was banging to be let out, but Mango told me to hush up.






And Dexter started dancing on top of my crate yelling, "nah, nah, nah, Hector's in the crate!" Not very nice.




This is all very frustrating for a normally active guy like me. I hear the stitches are coming out this week, so hopefully I will be back to my old adventurous self soon.




So while I am trapped in my "crate" not much I can do in the way of action, so I would like to take this time to thank our good pals, Dozer, Dottie, and Coop who honored us with this brand new award! Wow!


I love those little short legged corgi dogs!

I would like to pass it along to

Bobo and Meja, Peanut, and Fiona because they don't get enough bloggy time and I have to sometimes wait a long while between seeing them.

Also to Tula whose momma sees my dotty old hen out on walkies almost every day but is driving in her car, so can't really stop and say hi.

I also thought I would try and make some new pals right here in Master Chew Sits, so I am also passing this along to;

Miss Pugsley who seems like a spunky little gal

And Diva who looks totally like Waldo.

Hector Wheelie! Over and out!

31 comments:

Abby said...

Hi, Hector...

Yeah...Those cones are brutal...Not easy to navigate in...

Hope it comes off soon...

Congrats on the Award, You Guys...

Abby xxxooo

Gus said...

Wow...that is a big cone. Are you sure you are not overcompensating?

Seriously, we hope your recovery goes smoothly.

gussie d

Rufus, Indie (and Anita) said...

Hi Hector! You had a busy day!
We loved Dexter's dance (hehe!)
Kisses
Rufus and Indie

Owner of Storm and Jackal said...

HAHA!!! I almost fell out of my chair laughing! This was the most entertaining post I've ever read. Love it!

The OP Pack said...

Neuticles????? TD thinks he needs them right now111 Ummm, no TD, they are not the same as pupsicles.

Congrats on the award and hope you can shed the tubehead soon.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Suzuki said...

Hi Mango!
We are clearing the email twice a day from Scooby's wedding RSVP's an is just not enough BOL. It is clear now, right this second if you want to try again.
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx
PeeS - If it rejects again try sending to mine shannan_paul@iprimus.com.au

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Maybe woo need to take a walk with MFT to fully so woo are healed!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Pamela, Kira and Scampi said...

Well, Hector The Tube-Head ,that was a very funny post.....Mommy needed a laugh right now and she certainly appreciated it.
-Kira The BeaWootiful

the TN Bull Terrors said...

Hector, can you pick up London with that thing?? BOL!!

Feather, Darla, Pappy & LizzaBella ^..^

Dennis the Vizsla said...

hello hector its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow!!! that is awsum!!! i wish i cud hav a mortar installd on my hed then i cud totally shell the gofers and skwirrels up on the hill frum the comfort of my own bakyard!!! ok bye

Lorenza said...

Hi, Hector!
You are taking your time to recover!
I hope everything goes well!
Congratulations on your award!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

ocmist said...

HA, HA, HA!!! Hector, really made us howl!!! Poor Hector... can't see much with THAT cone. Guess it gives you a bad case of "tunnel vision!"

Mom says she wants to visit once those cherries get ripe! BG

Joe Stains said...

Hector dude I think that crate might be the safest place for you. You do tend to get yourself into trouble. Can you actually SEE anything with that cone??

tula said...

hey hector,

Did your cone come with a warning? Cones increase chances of running into huge furry animals, relentless teasing, and confinement. Please use with caution- hehehe. glad i've nevah had to wear one... good luck!

Here's a slobbery Muwaah! for the award. mom waves to you almost every morning & mumbles, hey there's PEEWEE!

Thanks a kazillion!

kiss kisses,
tula

Kess And Her Mama said...

Hi Hector,

Get better soon. Crates are yucky for wheelies and doggies.

PS. Can you tell Mango to swing by if he wants to see pictures of some real life pesky monkeys. Thks.

Rocky Creek Scotties and Java said...

We hope you get better soon and that Mango and Dexter give you the respect that you deserve.

XOXO
Lilly, PIper, Carrleigh and Java

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Hector,
Just make sure none of the boys decide to shout/ bark into the cone or else I am sure your hearing will be pretty badly affected!

Noah the Airedale said...

Oh Hector, you were dumped matie and to make matters worse Dexter was laughing at you in there. No, that's not nice. Plus you had to endure that toilet role thingy on your head.....What a day !
Congrats on your award pals.

tailwags
Noah

DCampy34 said...

poor hector - hope you feel better soon - listen to mango and just try and relax - too much playing can make you boo boo worse. and tell bad pee wee to stop dancing on your crate

Woodrow

Joey said...

Hi Hector! Congratulations on that cute award. Sorry your cone got stuck in the fence. We hope things start looking up soon.

See ya!
Joey and Zeke

pam said...

That first picture of your cone made us laugh out loud. Thanks Hector! And thanks for the award.

We have several to put on our blog but our mom's a slacker.

The Lovely Lady Pug said...

Hi Mango:
It's nice to meet you. Thank you for the award!

My Mama read your blog and nearly fell out of her chair when she read about Hector. Very funny.

See you around, friend!

Behr Behr said...

Ha! The "cone of silence" strikes again! Totally tubular, dude :)

Hector, it's bad enough that you've got the silly tube thing on right now, but why are your legs tied up? How can anyone expect you to get around like that?

Great shot of the labradude dancing :)

wags,
Behr Behr :)

Maggie and Mitch said...

You poor thing having to navigate through the garden with that stoopid cone on, Hector!
Autumn sends her best to you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

wally said...

Good job, Hector. My brudder Oscar learned how to use his cone as a deadly weapon. My ma ape still has bruises from his infamous cone impalements.

wally t.

Brind'Amour said...

Hey Hector! Don't worry, you'll get used to the crate. It just takes a while. Can't wait until you are back in action.

Mango, congrats on the new award big dude!!!

Wiggles,
Brind'Amour

Martha Basset said...

Hi Hector
We are sorry you had to wear a cone - looked more like an empty toilet roll tube but never mind!
That Mango sure looks huge beside you.
You have some very interesting things growing in your garden - you must have green paws.
Congratulations on your Award - we were pleased to read that you like short legged dogs............
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xx

Mack said...

Oh man. It's bad enough they take away your manhood, now it's the CONE you have to endure.

Ludo van Doggy said...

I know your pain!

Luna and Sole' said...

Hey Hector! You made my human mom pee her pants! Seriously though - we hope you get well soon and don't have to wear that cone for long! I miss seeing your eyes!

Mango and Dexter - now you be nice to Hector while he is incapacitated! Pay backs are wicked you know?!

Barks!
Luna and Sole'

Peanut said...

Hey Thanks for the award. I promise to post about it. Mom quit her job and school is about over so hopefully we will get some blogging time.