Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Awards and Favorite Photos

Well I finally convinced the Dotty Old Hen to take a break from her stupid obsession with Pee-Wee's bodily functions to help me post my awards.

Before I start, I am sad to report that another one of my beloved stuffies had to be You Thin Iced this morning as a certain little pointy headed beast caused unrecoverable structural damage.





What a jerk!

And another thing! I do not appreciate comments posted previously by the DOH herself regarding my intellectuals skills. As this portrait shows, I am clearly a most clever and deep thinking chap.



Oh yeah, and regarding having a head that is likened to a bag of rocks. I think some peoples are most confused. Sure, I sometimes eat rocks, but they are in my large and jowly mouth and not in my head! Duh!

On to awards! I have decided to intersperse my awards presentations with some of my favorite photos of my most large and handsome self lest my alert readers forget what a magnificent specimen I am.

First up, me with my beloved decapitated Santa which is sadly no longer with us.


I got this award separately from Kiko. Kiko is a lovely pup who lives in some far away place where they speak a strange language, but she provides a translation for us US doggies who are language impaired.
Here are the rules;
1. Post it to the blog and link to who gave it to you.
2. List seven things you love.
3. List seven blogs you love.
4. Comment on those blogs and let them know you've given them the award.

Just to show what a good sport I am, I am going to let stupid Pee-Wee post seven things he loves.


Pee-Wee Speaks

Seven things I love

1. Getting wet


2. Walkies

3. Getting wet

4. Bitey face. ARRRR5. Jumping

6. Looking adorable




7. Did I mention getting wet?

Alright, enough of the squirt, save it for dumb dexter day.

And now we have to pass this along to seven other doggies;

1. Rufus and Indie - I am hoping that one day Pee-Wee will be a nice doggie like Rufus.
2. Marvin - A very deep thinker
3. Moose - Hey, wait a minute, I am seeing a pattern here
4. Nala - That's better, enough with the little black pointed headed doggies (Pee-Wee must have taken over for a minute). Nala is very blond.
5. Lois Laney - a most sporty little gal.
6. Golden Samantha - who is very wise
7. Petey! - one of my most oldest bloggy pals


Here is a nice photo of me meditating...




This award is from Pappy! Thanks little bully dog! Sadly, momma lost the instructions, so I am just going to say thanks again.


And I am going to send this along to Miss Sophie because she makes me very happy to read about her adventures.


I am very focused when there are yummers involved.


This award is from Minnie-Moo who seems nice enough, but she looks so much like Pee-Wee that it FREAKS ME OUT!


“This award is presented to those dog bloggers out there who know the meaning of GREATNESS. Their blogs are consistently interesting, funny, or informative. Their KINDNESS is extended to others without expectation of it’s return, and their FRIENDSHIP inspires others to do EXTRAORDINARY things. These are the blogs you can’t wait to read everyday.

In short, they are AWE-INSPIRING, full of wonder, and simply PAWsome! Pass this award on to 4 others who you feel exemplify a “Paw”some Blog, and leave a note saying why you think they deserve the Pawsome Award!”

I am passing it along to

1. Wally - he totally rocks and is very wise just like me
2. Nigel and Sola - just visit their bloggy, I will say no more.
3. Ike - maintains his cool even when his eyeball is totally falling out of his head
4. Clover - my little pug pal who must promise never ever to go missing from blog land again



Tool time!


Dott gave me this very sweet award. She has short leggies, but I like her anyway.




1. The winner may put the logo on their blog
2.Put a link to the person who sent you the award
3.Nominate 10 blogs
4. Leave a message for your nominees for: Top Ten Blogs that Makes Me Smile

I know it says to leave for 10 bloggies, but the Mango is only going to choose three...

1. Tommy - who also lives in a foreign country. He has managed to maintain his manly dogginess even living with a couple of foo foo cuddle cats.
2. Niamh - I cannot pronounce her name, but she is a lovely gal.
3. Martha and Bailey - two very dignified dogs with short legs and big voices



And finally, a most important award from Dott (again) in honor of my efforts to control the squirrels (and no I am not going soft on you even though I think we can rehabilitate at least some of them)



Thanks to all my pals for these nice awards and I sure hope I matched the right award with the right doggie because this whole bloggy has been a bit confusing and tiring for the Mango.

Mango Man! Oh yeah!

40 comments:

wally said...

Oh Mango! I am so flattered. I know it is because our heads are the same shape, so shaped to hold our MASSIVE BRAINS.


wally t.

Rocky Creek Scottie Adventures said...

WOW Mango!! Congrats on all the awards.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Petey said...

Mango Man!

Thanks for the award! I'll post my seven favs later this week.

Now, to explain how Rosie got pregnant...well, when a girl dog and a boy dog love each other very much...errr...okay, here's the story. Rosie was eager to start a family, so eager, she couldn't wait for a nice long engagement, a big wedding etc. And since I'm not the male dog I once was, we needed a surrogate. Happily, Rosie's flat mate Alfie was happy to oblige with some swimmers and...voila! We're in a family way. I didn't want my darling girl to be an unwed mother, so we eloped. We'll have a big wedding once the puppies arrive in July, a la Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes (even the jumping on the couches!).

Got it? Good!

Your pal,

Petey

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

I have one of those khats - my furry large MalGalPal Holly gave it to me -

If woo khome visit me - WINK WINK - I'll let woo play with my khytty - WINK WINK!

Khongrats on your awards -

I'm furry sorry woo have to share your DOH with PeeWee The Wonder Sproink - bekhause I KNOW woo are a thinking walking breathing MARVEL!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Brind'Amour said...

Whoa, Mango, that's a lot of new awards you got there. Congrats big buddy!!!

Wiggles,
Brind'Amour

The OP Pack said...

Congrats on all your awards, Mango Man - and it was really nice to see all those impressive photos of your wonderfulness. We especially love the meditation one, wet spots and all:-)

Woos, the OP Pack

Mason Dixie said...

Congrats on all your awards!!

GoldenSamantha said...

Wowowowow Mango Man! Relentlessly huge # of awards to you, which, of course, you absolutely deserve. There is a lot going on in this post and let me say that I have total respect for your squirrel abatement program. You look great in your helmet(s). And I want to thank you humbly for the award you bestowed upon me and I am honored to have this award and will add your name to its "gifting" if that is okay with you. You're a rock star man!
Hugs xo
Sammie

Lorenza said...

Congratulations on your Awards!
That picture of you meditating is pawesome, Mango!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

MONA AND MOMMY TOO!! said...

Congratus in all the cool awards.

Ya know I'm gonna be doing a post about us doggies sleeping and dreaming so if you and Dexter want to be a part of if please send some pics to Mommy. You can de together or separtely if you want.

{{{huggies}}}...Mona

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

Wow! Soooo many awards! We cannot think of a more deserving doggie. And how nice of you to share with Dexter! Such a good big brother.

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Honey the Great Dane said...

Hey - congrats on the many awards, Mango!! You do a really good job of remembering them all...I really struggle if I don't do them immediately...like now I know there are several awards I've received and haven't picked up yet...and to be honest, now I can't really remember who gave them to me! Aaarrrggh! Will have to go and search through back posts on their blogs...but who to begin with?? Nighmare!!

Loved that photo of you meditating with your jowls flapping open - I sleep like that sometimes and Hsin-Yi says the pink undersides look really freaky - she even comes and flips them over for me, so that they "don't try out"...huh??

Hey! Guess what? You will KILL yourself laughing at this video Hsin-Yi made of me yesterday when I tried to do the weave poles at Flip's training place...will put it up on the Tubey thing soon!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Honey the Great Dane said...

Oooh! Sorry, typo - I meant so that my pink jowl flaps "don't DRY out" - hee! hee!

(God knows what they'd be trying out for?!)

Oh, also meant to say I loved Dexter's 7 things - especially how he get repeating about getting wet! ha! ha!

Becky said...

You are one massively awesome Dude! Congrats on all the awards, Mango!! Love the pith helmet!

Cookie and Cinnamon's Mum said...

Congratulations on your new awards!! Cinnamon agrees that rocks don't get into the head when a dog eats them. But, let me warn you and Cinnamon 'Never eat rocks!! They don't do any good for your body!'

By the way, would you mind if I added you in our blog list?

Fiona, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Clearly your Mom has Dottie Old Hen Syndrome to suggest that you are anything other than an Einstein with jowls!

Congrats on your awards!!!!

*kissey face*
-Fiona

Amber and Nala said...

Thanks Mango....I am pretty blonde huh! But despite the stereotypes I am a very smart girl w/ lots of common sense. ;) Love that picture of your Momma giving you a treat....how do you do that with your eyes? Amazing! :)

Kisses,
Nala

Ike said...

OMD! Thank you so much! Another recheck on the ol' ball today, and it's sloooooowly healing. More medication. Jeez.
Ike

dewdana said...

Thanks so much for our award! We are quite backlogged on posting them but will get to it soon!
I wondered if you heard what DOH said about your noggin! Oh snap! I hope you gave her a talking to about that ;-)

Martha Basset said...

Hi Mango
We never doubted for a minute that you were a deep thinker!
congratulations on your Awards and very well done for getting all your favourite things.
We liked you getting wet and in the pool! You are so elegant in the water!
Thanks for sharing the ladybug Award with us - we are thrilled and we will post about it soonish.
Have a lovely day.
love
Martha & bailey xxx

Winterdark said...

You're not a rock head Mango, you're a deep thinker. There's a difference.

Bolo
http://peiinthelife.blogspot.com/

Noah the Airedale said...

Crikey, how many awards did you get matie hehe. Congrats on all of them. You deserve each and every one.
By the way, we love the hat. It really suits you.

tailwags
Noah

Rufus, Indie (and Anita) said...

Oh Mango! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We feel very honored!
Dexter is a pawsome doggie like Rufus!
You guys ROCK!
Kisses
Rufus and Indie

MONA AND MOMMY TOO!! said...

Oh Mango that would be wonderful if you could send me some mediating pictures. I need a good thinker to lead my post of. Of ourse since Pee Wee isn't in to meditation just any sleeping one will do for me.


{{{huggies}}}...Mona

Huskee and Hershey said...

Ok now I know... one is actually supposed to meditate with one's mouth partially open right? RIGHT?
Oh and I love your ummm.. 'crossed eye' deep in focus with the yummers photo!!

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

we were wondering if you were going to comment on the mental capacity comment. hehehe--well done Mango!

Lois Lane/Laney said...

Thanks Mango! I'll be sure to post the 7 things I love soon!
Congrats on all the cool awards!

Joey said...

Hi Mango! Congrats on all the awards and good job giving them out. That was a very cool picture of you focusing on a yummer - if only humans could be that focused on what's important, the world would be a better place!

See ya!
Joey

Life With Dogs said...

Looks like Peewee likes the right stuff. And thanks for the award! :)

*word verification for this comment: bawls

Say that three times fast...

Tom, Tama-Chan and Sei-Chan said...

Thanks for the award, Mango! It's a real cute one!

I'm really sorry about your stuffie. One does grow attached to them. Fortunately, my younger siblings are little girl kitties (did somebody say "Foo-Foo"?) who could not even begin to destroy my stuffies, however hard they tried. I on the other hand, regularly tear theirs up, and get roundly told off by #1.

Woofs,
Tommy

Woodrow, Sweetie, MJ Campanella said...

what great awards - congrats they are so well deserved

great pics

woodrow sweetie mj

Dennis the Vizsla said...

Whew, that's a lot of awards -- no wonder you had trouble keeping them straight. Congratulations!

Mack said...

I would NEVER have said there were rocks in your head! And ALL dogs have rocks in there jowls at some point, right?

Hey congrats on all those cool awards


-Mack

Ludo van Doggy said...

Great post Mango, congrats on all the awards. But I mean, did you really need to post the tool time piccure again? I can almost hear the girls thudding to the floor.
~lickies, Ludo

Maggie and Mitch said...

Congratulations on all of your awards, Mango! You are such a hoot!
Dexter likes getting wet, huh?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Thoughts said...

Congrats on all your awards! We LOVE all the pictures in this post, especially the one of Mango with the cap on- hee hee.

Wags and kisses,
Benson and Gibson

Heather and Pumpkin said...

Mango,

Clearly being an award winning blogger requires some smarts, so I don't know what the DOH is talking about.

xoxo
Pumpkin

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh thank you very much indeed Mango!

From one deep thinker to another!

You are the kindest and most thoughtful one! Sorry I am late commenting, been busy being sick!

lotsaluv Marv xxxxxxxxxx

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Thank you Mango, thank you! I am so excited to post this new award on my blog. I promise not to leave again!
And congrats on all of your awards!
xo

Joe Stains said...

Congrats on your awards buddy, I never doubted your cognitive abilities for even one second.