Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dexter Day - Walkies, Something Strange and Other Stuff

My plan to wake Momma up earlier so that she would have more time to play with me in the morning totally back fired. I gave her the old snooter in the face as soon as the sun started coming up around 4:30 AM for the past couple of days.





But instead of being grateful and taking me for longer walkies, she was actually grouchy and our walks were shorter and slower because she said she was depraved from lack of sleep (which is odd because she is always talking about how she falls asleep during meetings at work so its not like she doesn't get naps).

But I decided the best plan was to let the lazy thing lie in bed until almost 6:00 AM! But then she still complained because she said she couldn't sleep with me staring at her. I can't win.


The good news is that I just found out that Momma is staying home from work the whole week which means more time for ME! In fact tomorrow we are going to a special private agilities class. That makes me really happy because I don't get enough ring time in our normal class.

I plan on going over the A-frame about 246 times. Yesterday I was very disappointed at agilities because they hid the A-frame and I spent almost all class working on weave poles. BORING!

We took a movie on walkies this morning. It is a long movie with lots of boring parts, but you should watch it because you will witness the new torture "game" that I have been forced to play called "leave it." You will also see how clever I am about looking extra cute the closer we get towards home so that Momma forgets all about the TOTAL INSANE PULLING CRACKER DOG that I was in the beginning (before we took the movie).

You can watch by clicking here.

Did you see that weird thing I found on walkies? Momma said it is a horseshoe crab and has no business being this far from the ocean. Maybe aliens dropped it. I was understandably cautious.






Naturally, when we arrived back on the estate it was time for me to exercise the Relentlessly Huge.

Run, you beast, run!





I have to let him catch me sometimes.




Can you believe this? I think we played for about 30 seconds and next thing I know he is doing a standing meditation.

Hello? Anybody home?






Rats! Looks like somebody was messing with my Frisbee while I was walking and now it doesn't fly right.

I loved that Frisbee!








Now I know there are a lot of contests going on for sleeping and meditating and placing paws and whatever and I didn't really feel like participating, but Momma started bugging me when I was taking a nap.





What is it? Can't you see that I am comfy on my couch?






Oh bother, paw placement, what is that about? Here, are they placed enough for you?








How about this? You can call it "paw placed in the air now get out of my face."





ENOUGH! Put that flashy thing away and let me rest my labraself!




Dexter done!

32 comments:

Gus said...

Ahhh Dexter..Hoomans never want to get up. Doesn't matter. Just wake them when you are ready. That is what I do.

Teka toy

Lacy said...

w00f's, me stares at them too, that usually gits 'em up...glad ur there to help RH git sum exercise...me still gots to send Ike a piksur..

b safe,
~rocky~

Owner of Storm and Jackal said...

That video was fantastic! I'm so proud of little peewee! I'm impressed by his leave it. Seeing that makes me want to work on Jackal's very unreliable leave it lol. Did you ever think that in a week you'd have a dog that's a pleasure to walk? And its a lot less boring too because you're interacting with each other and learning. Also have you noticed if he's more tired now than when he was pulling? Typically dogs are more tired after a walk that engages their brain as well as their body. I'm proud of you both. You've done fantastic!

Sophie Brador said...

Oh Dexter, My ma is all goo goo over you.

xo
SB

River said...

My mom doesn't appreciate us waking up her up on the weekends. You tried and your intentions were very good. I hope you get to do the agility you want to do this week.

love & wags,
River

Noah the Airedale said...

Blimey Dexter, looks like your mamma went bizzerk with the camera matie. She must be getting you back for the early nose pokes.

tailwags
Noah

Cookie and Cinnamon's Mum said...

Dexter, you are great at 'Leave It'! That's something Cookie and Cinnamon have to learn from you. Also, your eye contact with your mum is excellent!

Maggie and Mitch said...

Oh no! Who could have eaten your frisbee while you were on your morning walkies, Dexter?
We watched the whole video and you are so cute looking back and your mom and smiling the whole way! You are a very good boy!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

MONA AND MOMMY TOO!! said...

Hi Mango & Pee Wee,

Just stopping by to let ya know we just finished my sleepy post.

{{{huggies}}}....Mona

Toffee said...

Dexter -
Do you think that your mom not letting you take your labra-nap was her way of getting you back for waking her up early?

psst! Can you tell relentlessly hooge that my latest post was on my "bucket list" of things to accomplish/do in my life. What would your bucket list or rather treat jar list be?

Liffey said...

Dexter you are such a hoot!!
Thank gooodnes you are there to take care of your momma and the relentlessly huge- otherwise they'd both be lazy lazy lazy!!'
liffey's licks to you

Minnie-Moo (Rescue Lab) said...

Great photos! You look very handsome Dexter - and you look very erm, Mango, Mango :-)

Muzzle says 4am?!!! Not fun! And your poor frisby Dexter, was that revenge for the monkey?!

Minnie-Moo
x

p.s. Dexter, could you ask your big brother to visit my blog please ...

Lorenza said...

Hi, Dexter!
You had a nice walkie with lots of treats!
Sorry about your frisbee!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Ummmm, why don't woo look FURWARD when woo walk?


If woo keep getting all those treats, woo will have to walk to Khalifornia each day so woo don't end up RH!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Nice video though!

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Dexter...we musta missed something while we were at the beach...why was your momma doin' all this leash training?? Were you going cracker dog regularly??? Looks to us like you have her trained remarkably well...you stare at her and she feeds ya...she drops it...you wait and you get more foodables...

That was so nice of her to give ya crab on ur walk...maybe she'll give ya lobster on tomorrow's walkie...I'd recommend a buttery garlic dipping sauce for that one....

Did Mango (actually if ya screw up the letters of his name, you can call him Manog...sorta sounds like Eggnog....) kill your frisbee?? Bad Dog!! We like the soft squishy ones...well, Scruffy does...I only touch the thing when he's carryin' it...then I try to grab it...

Love ya lots, little Dexter...

Laciegirlie

Pee ess..

How does your momma manage to film, walk and treat at the same time?? Mumsie can barely chew gum and blink...multi tasking after a certain age...it's sad.

Brodie and Ailsa said...

Our mums the same. ims polite and just stick my nose in her face or give her a gentle lik buts Ailsa, she punches her with her nose and flicks the blankets off her. and sometimes pulls the lot off, daddy was playing withs new camera an took photo the other day buts mums deleted it off as being ponograpic or something, Is yours mums bothering yous to. everytime I rest my heads the flashy thing is going off. recons shes no hope of having a looking diva.

Joe Stains said...

You looked a little timid approaching that crab thing and I don't blame you! That thing was totally creepy looking!!! Glad you got the relentless one barreling through the yard!!

chicamom85 said...

Dexter, I know for sure not to mess with Mommies too early! You don't even want to know. I am glad that your Mom is going to be home with you and good luck on whatever that thing is that you are doing. Be careful around those crab things I don't think they are safe. Give Mango a lick for me.

licks and sniffs, Sasha

Rocky Creek Scotties and Java said...

You always have our Mom laughing - what fun it must be to live at your house.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

wow Dexter that was quite a post! we think that crab belongs over here in our blog! we will drop him off in the ocean--how bout it? and we laughed at Mango! we never saw so much action from him before--he actually looks like he is having fun hehehe!

Life With Dogs said...

That crab picked an interesting time to show with the holiday weekend coming. Did you ask him if he was up for a game of horseshoes?

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Hey there Dexter, a week with your mum sounds fun... and mango of course..hehe

Sorry we a bit behind with your blog adventures again, our human can't always keep up with everypup at the moment. We don't know why, we are sure we could do it much quicker than her if she asked us..hehe

We hope you are ok with the tag thingy, sorry about that. Our human had a bad day that day..:-/

Holly & Zac...XX

Chef ·˙ ۛ ♥ said...

Looks like you're the live-wire in the House of Lazy, Dexter. I really gotta learn that wake-up trick. I've never woken anyone up in my house in my entire life. If they sleep til l0, so do I. I'm going high-maintenance starting right now.

Mango looks like he saw your dead frisbee and went into shock - GUILTY!

xox
Chef

The OP Pack said...

Dexter, you are so lucky you can wake your human up. Ours is upstairs and we can't get to her. But we must admit she IS up early most days. Just those weekends, we have to cross our legs and wait.

woos, the OP Pack

Martha Basset said...

Hi Dexter
That does seem nice and early to be getting your mom up - lets her make the most of the day!
Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you just cant win!
We think you are doing really well with your training and are a very clever dog!
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

Allison (Dog Mom) said...

Aah, to have as much energy as you, Dexter.

Scout 'n Freyja said...

Dexter, our momma says that every time she comes to see you she smiles. That is a very good thing for humans and a very good thing for doggies. A happy human is one who does lots of things for her doggies!

Moco said...

You are one busy dude guy.

Amber-Mae said...

Eew, what a weird looking crab!

Smoochies,
Solid Gold Momma

Woodrow, Sweetie, MJ Campanella said...

wow dexter you did so well on your walkie - we live right on the water and see those horseshoe crabs every morning they move very slow and are easy to catch - mommy gets mad cause i insist on carrying one with me

she is no fun

sweetie

Rufus, Indie (and Anita) said...

Oh Dexter...those last photos, you look like Rufus! Maybe you are brothers!
Kisses
Rufus and Indie

babyphat523 said...

Dexter, My mum is always grumbling when I wake her up too early, so now I try to wait until at least 7 oclock before I start to pant in her face or jump up on the bed.

My mum wanted to know what the heck the horseshoe crab was doing over there! I think you are right about the aliens... Yikes!

xo :)
Chums