Friday, July 3, 2009

A New Game (for lazy mommas)

I want to thank all my pals who wrote to me about my yeast ears. Due to my sensitive stomach the V-E-T said I could mix some of my real kibbles with the fake kibbles, but once this is all over I am going to check out some of the kibbles that you doggies suggested. This vegetable crap is maybe just cardboard I think.


I, Mango, with the help of the Dotty Old Hen, have devised a new contest!

Actually, I think the old gal is just getting lazy. You will see what I mean...

The contest is called;

Flashback Friday

The rules are;

1) Post a link to your blog entry from one year ago.
2) Tell us what was happening then.
3) Post photos of significant events between then and now.
4) Pass this contest along to three other doggies (an old friend, a new friend, and one other pal).

OK, here goes.

The link to my bloggy from last year is here.

It seems that last year at this time, the stupid pee-wee was already stealing my blog time even though he was only like six months old (what a jerk).

What has happened since then? Here are the highlights in no particular order.




It snowed! A lot! And I bitey faced Pee-Wee no matter what the weather.







I bit my leggie.





Pee-Wee joined the Y.





I turned four years old and Momma learned to make livers cake and I had ice cream for the first time ever.






Master finished my living room addition (complete with custom fireplace).





I danced with my MJ.





Pee-Wee was a doofus.








I got my first Cuz.




Scruffman and I discovered jet propulsion.





I ate lots of yummers foodables.






I played more bitey face.






I got my own custom made hoodie (wow, I rock).





Master's barn burned down.






And then got built again.





The Beast came to visit me and got Banned in Boston.





I was a bee.





Pee-Wee prepared for space flight.



I pooped out a big bone.





I hosted the first ever Mango Minster.




Several monkeys came.





And suffered horrible fates.



I battled squirrels.




I won the most prestigious Awesome Blog Award. This was the highlight of my year because the award came from all my pals. WOW!





And of course I meditated.... a lot.




Wow! I guess I have been busy.

I would like to pass this award along to;

My old "friend" the Lacie Beast who isn't really all bad, just kind of, um, enthusiastic.

My new friends, the Scottie dogs who are three sporty little Scottish doggies even though they live right in the US. Plus they live with a labradog.

And my good pal, Honey, who is helping me learn even more amazing dance moves.

Mango Man! Oh yeah!


P.S. From Momma

Sometimes I like to read through old posts. I sure wish there was a way to download all of them along with the comments and put them in a book. Quite a history.

I also enjoy reading old posts from some of our pals. So my guess was that some of you like looking through the archives too.

It was hard to limit the events to just a few. So many adventures! But these are the ones that Mango remembers the best.

33 comments:

chicamom85 said...

Mango, those are such cool memories. Mom and I just started blogging a few months ago. I was scared when your barn burned down, and I love your hoody sweatshirt, you look hot in it. I think it must have been a pretty good year for you. I also love the new picture of you at the top with your 4th of July hat on.

licks and sniffs, Sasha

dewdana said...

OMD Mango... Just for your momma I will share a bloggy secret. Tell her she MUST go here: http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html
There are a few other services that are similar but this one is pretty good.
Awesome game and adventures! We read old blog posts too and it was one of the main reasons we started blogging, so we could remember stuff.
Thanks for starting a fun game!
Moose + Dana

Lacy said...

w00fs, thats a cool tag pups...me iz gonna c what me wuz doing a year ago..

b safe,
~rocky~

Brind'Amour said...

Wow Mango, this is awesome. Some pretty wild memories!!

Wiggles,
Brind'Amour

PS - I was a bee too one time. Maybe I'll post it one day so you can laugh...

Abby said...

Hi, Mango...

What a fun game...

I love your 4th of July hat...

Abby xxxooo

Fiona, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Ohno! I wasn't blogging a year ago! *heavy sigh* I guess I'll just have to wait until next year. You had a really exciting year (and that fire?!? Wow.) - with lots of bitey face (and monkeys). What could be better?

*kissey face*
-Fiona

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Wow!

Memories

Light the khorner of my mind...

Great post Mango (and Mango Momma)!

I think this khalls fur a special reward!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Dennis the Vizsla said...

That's a great recap -- what a busy year! Ahh, Mango-Minster! Some day it will be on Animal Planet!

Ludo van Doggy said...

What a great idea for a game! I know my Mum loves looking back at old posts and posts from others. She especially like the Ao4 for that cos they always link back to old posts. You right, quite a history.

I does not think I was blogging a year ago, since I only just be a year old anyways, but I looks forward to seeing everyone elses.
~lickies, Ludo

Noah the Airedale said...

What a great game matie. There sure has been lots happening around your neck of the woods.
We've just caught up on your yeastie ear. Seems as though you've got your own built in bread maker there buddy. We sure hope the drops help cause the food in that bag doesn't sound very tasty.
Good luck with it and hopefully it will go away.

Hope the rain has eased up a bit. Not much of a summer when it rains all the time.

tailwags
Noah

Eric said...

Hey Mango! That's a lot of remembering! Mom thinks with Blurb there is something new where you can print blogs to a book..(but who knows she could of imagined it as it's way past her bedtime and her head is exploding from the heat)Please send rain.

Wiry wags n kissies, Eric xxxx

Rocky Creek Scotties and Java said...

We enjoyed your trip down memory lane - since we weren't blogging the time we'll just have to tell you what has happened in the past year. Thanks for inviting us to do so.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

The OP Pack said...

Mango, the DOH's idea is a great one. Too bad we don't all live the exciting life that you and Pee Wee do. We can't wait to see what all your awardees have to share.

Happy Fourth- you look quite dashing in your Uncle Sam hat.

Woos, the OP Pack

Agatha and Archie said...

That is a great idea!We are just catching up as well and are hoping that your ears are better..that hurts.....We almost choked when we saw the snow picture....it feels like fall already! Did you see the sun for two mintues today? love A+A

Sophie Brador said...

You've had an amazing year. I'm afraid to look back at mine, because I know that definitely no one was dressed like a bee and I'm just not sure I can cope with that fact.

xo
SB

P.S. I am now eating the same food as Joe Stains --- Orijen. Best kibbles ever!

Honey the Great Dane said...

Oh thanks for tagging me to play this game, Mango!!

But - I wasn't blogging a year ago, actually - I only started in Sept last year...so I hope it's OK if I just choose one of my earliest posts and go from there?

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

Hey mango and peewee
My stomach was growling from mangos fresh baked goodies. THat was fun going back for the year. It's a good think DOH has you to entertain her... what would she do without you!

Norwood

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
Pawesome idea!
I remember all those pictures from your posts!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Peanut said...

I think my mom is even to lazy to do this but I am going to try and get her to. That link to print the blog moose and a dana left looks neat.

Coco - The Princess said...

My mommy and i REALLY love to read your blog! we read it all the time.

Tail Wiggles & Puppy Kisses,

Coco The Princess

Martha Basset said...

Happy 4th of July - what a cool header pic!!!
We were not blogging a year ago but loved your idea.
We enjoyed looking at your post going back a year and were not surprised to see if filled with all that fun!
Well apart from the barn - although it has been fun watching it being rebuilt!
We alos thought Mangominster was great fun but loads of work for you!
We look forward to reading the posts of other dogs who have been around for a year.
Enjoy your celebrations today.
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

Scout 'n Freyja said...

Happy 4th of July. LET FREEDOM RING!

Tell your momma to go to: http://www.linkwithin.com/learn

Everyone's using it! So cool☺ You can see it in use on our pages!

Mack said...

What a year you and the hump-meister have had!

I think we are doing the exact same thing we did one year ago -
thanking our lucky stars our momma has the 4th of July off!

Stanley said...

No doubt about it, Mango! You've had yourself a very full year, man! My girl also loves to prowl through the archives of new friends after we've met them. She does it to my blog too. Sometimes she even still laughs at these old posts!

LOVE the new header for the 4th. Festively patriotic!

Goober love,
Stanley

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Ya Mango you have had lots of special event in the past year..
Tell Mom that Grandma thinks our Mom should do that too. There is quite a history in all of our posts. We went from just me the Blueman to have 2 Red pests..
You have a safe and happy 4th.

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Maggie and Mitch said...

Wow you have been busy, Mango! So many wonderful memories and one not-so-wonderful barn memory, but you're rebuilding and that's a good thing!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hello Darling...you forgot to mention in ur bloggie if you and I were the last dogs on Earth that you'd marry me...

So I'm ENTHUSIASTIC...I can think of many other adjectives...

lovely, sexy, intelligent, fashion-conscious, did i say lovely...

Enthusiastic is rather dam&^%$ praise, don't ya think??????

Sorry...forgot this is a family bloggie...

Honestly, Mango, that pic of you on ur header made my day...you and Uncle Sam have so much in common...

Gotta go and see what we were doin' last year at this time...

Ta Ta For Now....

Laciebeast....

Joe Stains said...

This contest is fun and right up lazy Mom's alley!

Cookie and Cinnamon's Mum said...

Hi Mango, thank you for sharng a digest of events that happened around you in the last one year. It seems it was quite a year for you. It was exciting to read the post!

Deefor said...

Hi Mango
Arrow's on medicine with 'roids for his eyes. Hope he doesn't get RH! I like all the things you put up. I missed some while my mom was RL (relentlessly lazy). Nice presents. Especially the fur! Maybe you can have a pillow that smells like Kyra.

Deefor

Woodrow, Sweetie, MJ Campanella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Woodrow, Sweetie, MJ Campanella said...

wow - what a wonderful idea - i would love to participate but we havent been blogging for that long - but would gladly post about where we were a year ago - it is a great story - woodrow was very sick and is all better now

you had a really exciting year

Woodrow, Sweetie & MJ

Nibbles Treats said...

Mango, we were going to give you the same info Moose's mom did (dewdana). You may also want to check out blurb.

P.S. Try putting some plain yogurt daily on your cardboard. It works from the inside out and helps with bread problems.

Lots of treats,
Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker