Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dexter Day - Cooler Walkies




Such a fuss has been made over the Relentlessly Huge's puppy movie that I felt compelled to respond with a puppy movie of my own. Here is a sample of my cutest self at the tender age of three months.



Now THAT's a cute puppy!

Here is a photo of my puppy self for my slow internet can't watch movie friends.



As you might recall, last week during Dexter Day it was totally get baked alive hot out, but today it was quite pleasant so Momma and I took a nice long walkie.

Momma decided to make me practice my boring sit / stays while posing in front of dumb old buildings. She says our town is over 300 years old which makes it quite old for Master Chew Sits, but young in the bigger scheme of things.

This church on the village green is actually a reproduction. The original church was struck by lightening on Easter Sunday and burned down around fifty years ago. Spooky, huh?



This is just an old house along the green. Lots of the houses around here have those Circa signs to indicate when they were built (I think Circa means approximately and I don't really understand why they can't ever get the dates exactly right).



After our historical tour, we proceeded to a bridge which spanned..... WATER!

I briefly considered doing a little diving, but decided it was just a tad too high up.




This sign looks promising...



I think I see the river! Let's go! I suspect that there is labra-access as well.



Momma made me keep my leash on because there was a current in the river, but it felt most joyous anyway. Nice and cool and muddy.




Remember that church I showed you earlier on? Well it has a secret garden behind it. It is called a meditation garden. I am only allowed to walkie there when I am completely empty because it is a special place lovingly maintained by the church community and it would be inappropriate for me to do any business there.


We made this little movie to show you how pretty it is. I was really not terribly enchanted by the whole thing and was more anxious to explore the bordering wetlands.


Uck! More posing. Here I am in front of the historical society (or hysterical society as Master calls it). When our barn burned down they tried to get involved in the rebuilding, but Master said to them, "It was a REPRODUCTION for Pete's sake! The thing was less than ten years old! Not an historical landmark you whack-a-dos." I am not sure that is a direct quote, but you get the idea.



The historical society happens to have an official historical apple tree which I found much more interesting.



Back home, Momma said I needed a good rinse because the river water was pretty gross. Now normally I am not bothered by getting wet, but I decided to have some fun with her and avoid the hose as much as possible.

She is a really bad shot!




Nah nah! You cannot get me!

Check out the fancy footwork.





I suppose part of the problem was that Momma had the camera in her hand, and eventually she put it down and grabbed me by my scruff and rinsed me all off, including my under carriage.

But in the meantime, here is a movie of my adventures in washing and drying. You will observer that the Relentlessly Huge is not a big fan of the hose. He thinks it is out to get him.


Finally, my Dexter Day rib bone.

Nom, nom, nom!





Dexter done!

41 comments:

Sam said...

Sheeesh - with all these adorable puppy videos, this big is going to have to be renamed Mango and Dexter's Great Overload of Puppy Cuteness!

I am glad you enjoyed your walkies, Dexter. Looks like a nice place to be. I'm envious of all the dogs who get to go to such preety places.. especially where water is involved, as I'm trying my hardest to get Marge to embrace her Labradog roots and actually go for a swim.

pam said...

Why did you want to kill Santa when you was a baby? Was you a little wonky?

And do you still get distracted by shiny things???

Bobo and Meja

ps: you sure was little compared to RH

Martha Basset said...

Hi Dexter
We just loved your puppy video with the exciting music! That Santa didn't stand a chance. Yes we have to agree you were a very cute puppy too - it's not just Mango!
You had a great historical walk - did you eat any of the apples - did they tast historical too?
It was good that you got a swim - well good for you - we are not so keen on all this wet stuff.
Looks like you are having a great weekend.
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxxx

MAX said...

Hey Dexter Dude
Firstly thx for thinking about us and posting that little pic of you...most generous of you, I'd say.
So you got to go walkies alone? Wow, we would not allow that in this house. All of us go at the same time. Its most entertaining to watch mom dodge the leashes(Hic..only joking!)
Well thanks for the tour! You'll have to do your own tour here sumtime methinks:)
Lots of licks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

Maggie and Mitch said...

Mitch is so jealous that you got apples, Dexter! Cousin Dickie needs to have an apple tree here for Mitchy! Mom told him we'll keep an eye out for apple ice cream!
Our dad calls the historical society the hysterical society too!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

daisydog said...

As a baby Dexter you look incredibly small next to the relentlessly hug!

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Woo might have grown 'up' but woo are still as puppy silly as woo were in the video!

Oh poor RH - once again 'they' feel khompelled to pikhk on woo...

That is just WRONG!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: 153 bloggies to go !

Asta said...

Dexter
I smell fall in the aiw when I watch youw walk
What a delightful spa you found along the way.
I don't know why hoomans awe obcessed wif washing off those faboolous smells
You awe soopew cute in youw babyvideo
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Rocky Creek Scotties and Java said...

What a wonderful walk. You were such a cute baby.

Our Mom had a nightmare last night that she was dogsitting the MangoMan and he got loose. When she almost caught up with him, he peed in her ear!! How strange is that?

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Stella said...

Hey Peewee, it looks like a good walk to me! My Mom loves old buildings too, but I just like to get on to the peemail and the squirrels.

Different interests is what we have here.

Kisses,
Stella

Brownie said...

Dexter, you were SUCH an adowable puppy! So much energy tackling mr stuffy! Awwww!

Your walk sure looked wonderful... I'm a bit envious you have such history and bootiful houses and churches and rivers and secret gardens to go into! :)

Mack and Sally Ann said...

Oh Dexter, you look very cute as a puppy, and you look very handsome as a big boy. You listen very well to your Mommy.
Sally Ann

Randi said...

Awwww DEXTER!!!!!

You were such a wee cutie patootie little baby boy! & now you are big cutie patootie cublet! I think my favorite part of your puppyness is your porker belly undercarriage...SOO CUTE!

You sure showed your momma what you thought about getting a proper bath & rise...& what's up with RH & that hose...he's a tad peculiar at times...but don't tell him that OK!

Have a great Dexterday!

Love & Licks,
Randi

Mack said...

What a beautiful historic walkie.

That was indeed a cute baby video. I just hope Santa didn't hold it against you.

Tom, Tama-Chan and Sei-Chan said...

Cute puppy tummy, Dexter!

Dennis the Vizsla said...

Wow, your day sure involved a lot of water!

The OP Pack said...

That garden was kinda creepy looking - were there any ghosts lurking around all those stone piles?

Poor Mango, the hose is out to get him one way or another:)

Woos, the OP Pack

chicamom85 said...

Dexter, you were about the cutest baby ever! How could Mango not have wanted you to be his little bro.On the subject of water, however, it is evil and needs to be avoided(except to drink, the drinking kind is way different). Mango certainly has the right idea about the water, run away. I love seeing the cool buildings on your walk and the secret garden.

licks and sniffs, Sasha

Clive said...

Dexter - you were such an adorable puppy!

That was a great walking tour you took with your Mom today - very interesting! Shame about the shower though at the end - wouldn't have been very happy about that myself!!

Take care
Clive

Joe Stains said...

oh dear, I know why Mango does not like that hose and I do NOT blame him!!

Heather and Pumpkin said...

Its been extra cool here in Chicago too. I wouldn't go in that water even if it was 100 degrees but I am glad you had a good time Pee Wee.

[Mom] Pumpkin, why do you call Dexter Pee Wee when you are so very much smaller than he is?

xoxo
Pumpkin

mrd23 said...

Wow Dexter! You got to go to the secret garden?! Mumma is currently reading that book to me and my little Hoomans!

Your Puppy-self was so incredibly cute! You definitely showed that stuffy who was boss!

smooches,
Mr Darcy

dewdana said...

Glad you had such lovely walkies! It is still hot as all get out down here.
Moose + Dana

wally said...

Wow. You have awesome walkies there with meditation gardens (does Mango go there to meditate?) and waters and everything. YOu as a puppy look an awful lot like me. Though I have a Mango-head (big, square, slobbery).

wally t.

Agatha and Archie said...

PL2 said she doesn't think she has ever seen Framingham and she is going to have to go as it looks lovley.....You were both very very very cute puppys...and you can just imagine what Archie is doing while he listens to the music Mango had on his video....Love A+A

ScrapsofMe said...

I am sooo jalous you gots cooler weather up there in Mastiff-chew-schitz! What a great walkie! How come RH doesn't hafta go walkies? Don't want to? Or not allowed? Puffy isn't allowed although he wants to. His knees won't take the stress and he's too elderly and wobbly. Anyways, Peewee is extra entertaining and cute in the video. Does Santa know about this bitey thingy you gots going? Did Santa stiff you last year on stuffie pressies? Better be good, he's watching yoooooou.

Bonnie

The Thundering Herd said...

Dexter - you are relentlessly cute, just not relentlessly huge!

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

OMD, Peewee...that movie is adorable!!!!! I loved the scary shadow followin' ya around with the shadow camera...

What was more fun the Santa or the fur tree branch????

Oh my you were a most inexhaustable puppers...

Kisses and love...


Lacie!!!

BRUTUS said...

Of course you deserve chance to post your cuteness!! My mom laughed a lot about the Hysterical Society part of your walkie, she tired to explain that to me, but I don't get it....
Good job avoiding the hose. I hate to tell you but I think your rolling in the grass is counterproductive to the cleaning process :)
It's a lot cooler here too, so I got to got for TWO walkies today!! Hooray for the promise of fall!!

Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Dexter!
I loved your puppy video! Poor Santa! But I could see it was easy for you to distract with those branches!
Thanks for the tour! Does Mango go to that meditation place??
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Life With Dogs said...

You are a master at hose avoidance, and it sounds like your Momma needs to turn the hose on the hysterical society nerds.

Cookie and Cinnamon's Mum said...

Love the puppy video! So adorable. I am glad that you enjoyed a swim in the river.

Liffey said...

Your movie is SOooooo much cuter than the Huges. I just don't understand why you can't have your own site- you are smarter than him, cuter than him and obviously have your own following. Words with your mum needed I think Dude.
Liffeys Licks to you

Huskee and Hershey said...

You were such a cute, adorable chubby puppy, Dexter!!! And then you grew up into your handsome self today..
Did you bring back some apples for the MangoMan?

Abby said...

Hi, Dexter...

Loved your Puppy Video...

Seems you couldn't decide between Santa & the Stick...

Abby xxxooo

Deefor said...

You (and Mango) were great puppies. So cute. You're pretty fast with that hose.

Nibbles Treats said...

Way too cute Dexter!

Lots of treats,
Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Ludo van Doggy said...

ok Dexter I think you win in the cute puppy stakes, don't tell Mango though. You remind me of my first puppy friend Poppy. She was cool.

It boring to pose isn't it. Why do the Mum's make us so much!
~lickies, Ludo

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

Very cool walkie! I admire your foot work when dodging your momma. We loved your baby movie...You were furry cute!


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

Dory and the Mama said...

Dexter...you make Mama sleepy just watching you!!!

Smileys!
Dory

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

what a cool day you had - we love swimming - and we agree about the hysterical society - they tried to landmark mommy house - but she didnt let it happen

great video - you were a really cut pup

Woodrow - Sweetie - MJ