Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My South African Adventure - Rescue!





Don't forget to visit Lacie, Asta, Joey, and Petey who helped develop my exciting adventure photos and will tell you of their own adventures.



Today's journey began with great promise as we discovered another clue. Two bearded pigs playing with Joey's Cowboy Pig! This could only mean that we were on his trail, but why would he abandon his most beloved stuffie? And where the heck was he hiding it when he catapulted into space?



Look! A Staneraffe!

We described our missing comrade and from his great height he spotted what he thought might actually be Joey!






Scruffy, Petey, BabyStan, and Pee-Wee charged off and as they approached they shouted back that they were smelling cheeseburger. Huh?

Lacie paused to take a therapeutic mud bath and get phone numbers from the crocodiles.





JOEY!!!! Is it really you?

And.... YIKES! That ain't no snuggle ball!





Joey had apparently used his keen sense of direction to locate a gang of hard core South African Steerlers fans and they had been watching boring pre-season games the whole time that we were looking for him.






I was feeling a bit peckish myself and followed Max to the source of those cheeseburger smells. A most wonderful foodables stop. The Teka Way! They even had a walkie through window.

Not being much of a football fan, I kind of wandered off and a most miraculous thing happened...

I met the most wonderful group of guys. Now when most human persons meet me they get confused about how to pronounce my name (it's Mango, duh) and they usually call me "Holy Shit!" or "Ohmygod!" which isn't even really close. But these little chaps knew my name right off and taught me a new game... bitey tail.

I think they are puppies, right?





OK, so we found Joey and saw lots of cool animals and everything and the Mango is really getting tired and I think its time to go home and its really kind of a long way to Max's place and I don't know how we will get there and...

Huh? Dennis? Is that you?

DENNIS! Hooray!







I guess he was just passing through spotted my large and visible from outer space self.

His airplane is really nice. All the amenities, plus some smokin hot stewardesses.




Check it out! Miss Sophie herself just so happened to be on board Dennis' plane. What are the chances of that happening, huh? She even brought her flat brother, Graham.

Naturally, Joey was quite keen to see her, but he opted to don his thunderstorm jacket just in case Sophie was mad at him at all for leaving her behind.




Dennis invited me to help him fly the plane.

How exciting and such an honor for my large and fast learning how to co-pilot self.

Although, I do confess to feeling ever so woogy once we were airborne.






Max estate, we are coming back with all on board safe and (urp) sound.

To be continued...

Mango Man! Oh yeah!

32 comments:

Maggie and Mitch said...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, we're so glad to hear that Joey was found! Now Tanner's birthday can be celebrated in style!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

MAX said...

yeeehaaa!

A fun filled day- to say the least!

I like the crocodile dodging!...reminds me of one of those first 'James Bond' movies - can't remember which one?
I'm really glad that Joey has been found!! MAXDOG has been having sleepless nights worrying about our guest! ...and it's Tanner's Birthday. Yay! Party time!
Thanks Mango Dude for escourting the Ellies home. You've made a bit 'imprint' on them.
Lots of licks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

(By the way: The Elephant Sanctuary - just outside Johannesburg - will allow visitors to do just that...hand in trunk with the Ellies. You can even stroke their tongues...no kidding!)
Lovely post...congrats:)

Gus said...

Now, we didn't know Teka had a food truck. We are sure glad to find out where she is getting the money for her extra kibble. Glad you had a great trip.

gussie

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

we like how people call you holyshit by accident

Rocky Creek Scotties and Java said...

We will be glad when you make it back home safe and sound.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Dennis the Vizsla said...

hello mango its dennis the vizsla dog hay see their sum perks to having yore own biznesses eeven a buntch of fayld wuns like i did at leest i got to keep my korporat jet!!! pee ess pleez dont tell the irs abowt my jet thanks ok bye

Molly,Taffy and Monty said...

We thought you were only going for a mini break!

Love the Staneraffe, can you find them in Zoos do you know?

Molly, Taffy and Monty

Owner of Storm and Jackal said...

ROFLOL! Get a grip on yourself Mango! :D

Scout 'n Freyja said...

Mango, you'd better grab a barf bag...FAST!

Joe Stains said...

Well I am glad I was found but I think Sophie and Mom are going to be kind of ticked at me for a while. BUT man are those dudes Steelers fans, I found some friends for life! You guys rock, thanks for finding me, now LETS PARTY!

Penny, Poppy & Patches said...

We'll have to come back later to read your post, but we wanted to thank you for your wonderful card! It made our mom smile! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

chicamom85 said...

Mango, I am so glad that all is well and you are on your way home. I am sure you will need plenty of rest when you get home. I think you might have some explaining to do to your Mom. Be safe my friend.

licks and sniffs, Sasha

Martha Basset said...

Thank dogness that Joey is safe ..... we haven't slept a wink.
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Excuse me, Mr. Mango...this is one of the bearded pigs. Can you give me the address of that charming little tri-colored bearded pitbeastie or at least her phone number?? I have never seen a pig so attractive before...

DOES SHE DATE??

And thank you for donating that attractive stuffie for our consumption. It was delicious.

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPP!

You don't think that little pig beastie is one of our relatives? Wouldn't want to get into an improper relationship....

Repectfully yours,

Mr. Snout Stout

Mack said...

Did that baby elephant think you were his momma??

Yay! you found Joey!

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

You sure are some brave pups..
Those bearded pigs have the color of the Blueman. hehe

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Cookie and Cinnamon's Mum said...

Oh I didn't know that Dennis had a pilot's license! You all could fly over here to New Zealand in Dennis's airplane sometime!

Eric said...

Hey Mango. Neat flying hat and doggles. Hope you got home safely and din't bring back any of those puppys back for souveniers.

Wiry wags n kisses Eric xx

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Next time I'm flying with SB...

Now that woo've played Bitey Tail are woo ready to take it to the next level?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Rufus and Indie said...

Our mom can't stop laughing!
Staneraffe? That was a funny one!
And again the "Teka Away"!
Great job with the pics!
Kisses
Rufus and Indie

Benson and Lily said...

Mango...wake Joey!!! We love your adventure. But mom pushes us away from the computer and she keeps looking at in and laughing like a nutty person
Benny & Lily

Fiona, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Bitey tail, huh? Looks like fun! And those are most definitely puppies! Heehee! You made Mom laugh (although she's jealous that you got to fly on Dennis' private plane!)!!!

*kissey face*
-Fiona

Euri said...

Your pictures are very funny but the one with the snake scared mommy.

Samantha said...

Holy Search and Rescue!!! Lacie has got to be the dareingest pup around - woo! Mango - get thyself a "Flying the Private Jet for Dummies" copy soon - I think you're in for more, you adventurous self, you. That snake is a wee bit scary for me to deal with, but I think you are ready for Everest next. Look forward to that RH!!!
xo Sammie

Owner of Storm and Jackal said...

Hey Mango. Storm goes in the bedroom, on the bed, with the door closed while I'm doing my training. For the most part she's quiet. She only whines when she hears a command she knows like 'take a bow' or 'turn around'. Who knows, she's probably doing it behind the door and wondering why she gets no treat lol!! Guess I'm just special.

Jackal

Daisy Dog said...

Mango we are loving your south african adventure!!!!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
I am so happy to know Joey was found!
that is a scary place for a nap!
and those bearded pigs are.... are.... special!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

hero said...

Hi Mango,

Now that Joey is found... does a new chapter begins on your adventure? Can't get enough.

Licks, hero

Deefor said...

They sure were hard core fans. Bitey tail is a great game-- Arrow plays it with me but I have to play bitey ears cause his tail was cut off! Those elephant puppies sure like you. How was the food? Mango's a great name. Why are humans always so confused? I think they have some pretty strange names.

Moco said...

We have only been able to get bits and pieces of this trip, but it looks like a hum dinger.

TwoSpecialWires said...

We got to the snake, and had to stop reading. Moma told us to get a grip, that Joey didn't get squeezed to death. (We were afraid his eyes'd pop out like Petey's did. We couldn't handle another image like that one.) We're glad we read on, cuz that puppy parade made up for it all. You are a great leader, Mango, and we don't understand why some (insensitive) humines call you anything but Mango, Sir.

Learnin' a lot from ya, big Guy,
Jake (and even Fergi, too) xxoo

Brownie said...

wow! sophie sure is a courageous one! Gotta love that the "word verification" is 'chics'.... hmmm... Mango, you are the ultimate stud-muffin! BOL!