Monday, September 14, 2009

My South African Adventure - Searching for Joey Day 2






The adventure continues, with photos by Asta, Petey, Joey, Lacie, and me, Mango.




I am unclear on what transpired yesterday. All I really remember is seeing my Darling MJ and then, blackness...

But the first thing I saw when I woke up was this!

He calls himself Tanzar! And has made quite a pest of himself all shouting, "Me Tanzar, You Mango!"

And what is up with those red velvet trunks? Looks more like Zoolander if you ask me.




And so our search for Joey continues.

Petey came across these little varmints that looked surprisingly like him.

Apparently they had never heard of a tennis ball and Petey was kind enough to give one to them. I don't know if that was such a good idea... kind of reminds me when Captain Kirk left a communicator in the 20th century, know what I mean?




Holy crap! Did you see that? Some sort of freaky leopradork! Damn! That thing was fast!

I think it spotted that tennis ball that Petey left with the meerkats. See what I mean about messing with nature?




How delightful that Max arranged for a balloon to provide us an aerial view to continue our search. And Khyra was there to see us off! Up, up and away! Tally ho!






Khyra said she had to return to the estate, but not to worry because Toffee was being a very good host and keeping the ladies entertained. Not sure what she means by that...



Our balloon took us all the way to the South African coast. But the serenity of it all was interrupted most egregiously by a pop followed by us being flung willy nilly into the air!

Oh help!




Having been in this situation before, I knew that the key to survival was to land on something large and soft and big enough to be seen from outer space.

Hmm... do Lacie and Tanner's bottoms fit that bill?

Land on the Lakie and if you can't, go for that lard butt BT.

We all hit our marks save Pee-Wee who just kind of bounced down to ground being made of rubber and all.





Tanner staggered off in a stink and we followed the voice of his crying.

Check it out! Could this be where Doofus's come from?







Pee-Wee took off with great speed,

"Water, Mango, water, water, water, must swim! Swimming! Yes! Must get in water!"







Are you insane???? That ain't no cement pond!

Don't look back, Pee-Wee, just swim, swim, little dude, SWIM!








Meanwhile, with the help of some local doggies, Scruffer and BabyStan made a startling discovery! Joey's beloved Steeler's blanket! It must mean we are on the right track (did you see his Steelers blanket when he farted himself into outer space?)





Lacie! Get back in the truck! NOW!




To be continued...

Mango Man! Oh yeah!

33 comments:

Noah the Airedale said...

Crikey, thought you were all in trouble for a minute there. Thank goodness Lacie was around for you all to land on. Good work Lacie.


tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

MAX said...

Hey there Mango Dude
Are you having fun mate? You have some cool photo's there...to add to your vast collection! We hope you are enjoying your stay with us and that we'll soon find Joey and all the missing pieces to your ancestry.
Lots of licks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

Elizabeth said...

HiMango
I am jealous of you.
You have cool adventures.
I have not seen any lions and tigers
I just hang out with me mum and dad in New York.
love from Buster
ewix2.blogspot.com

Gus said...

Mango Man! Gotta say, this is a great adventure.

gussie

Huskee and Hershey said...

LOL.. GREAT post!!

Can't wait to find out what happens next!

Owner of Storm and Jackal said...

LOL!! That was great! Can't wait to see more.

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

wow. what a ridiculous trip. can't wait for the next part.

Dennis the Vizsla said...

You are getting closer! There can't be many other Steelers fans way over there in South Africa!

ScrapsofMe said...

What happened in the balloon? Did someone make a stink that sploded? You guys should know better by now. I nearly had heart palpations when you all went flying off in the air. Oh my....was I ever thankful you landed safely. That's a fearsome leopradork, I hope that cross breed doesn't catch on in the states. Like if someone asked for a labradoodle and got a leopradork instead, wouldn't that be surprized! I hope you find Joey soon.
toodles,
Bonnie

Aniemother said...

Some adventure you're having!

B

Petey said...

Red velvet shorts? Mango man, clean off your goggles! That's a suede loincloth on Tanner.

Frankly, I don't know what's more frightening...

I'm quite worried that Joey's favorite blanket has been discovered without Joey in it. Fortunately, there were no potato chip crumbs around or I'd really be scared!

Your pal,

Petey

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh my...I look so totally HOT in that bikini that I had to go and get the fan!!!! That big kitty sez he doesn't date, but he loves to SNACK...I sent him over to Tanner's tent figurin' he'd have some hot dogs and chips and salsa and cookies and stuff....

I've never seen Peewee look quite so demented...love the look on his labradorkie face and he came flyin' round that corner, Mango...

Um...did you know that Hector wheelie is over here? Me and the Laciehyenas and him all went clubbin' last night...that Hector has some moves on those wheels...last I saw him he was going home with one of the hyenas...hope ya find him...

I just know Joey's gonna turn up cuz it's Tanner's barkday tomorrow...

I can't believe you said in one of you last posts that Asta may have expressed a small amount of flatulence...is she still speakin' to ya?

As for you and that hippo...my Dog, Mango...I had to do something...can you imagine the pups?

That Toffee is quite a pup...have no idea how he um developed those bottom issues...

Barks, Mango, Darling...

Love and kisses...Laciegirlie

Pee ess...i just love Tanner's new muscles...do you think he dates?

Martha Basset said...

Mango, where is Joey - we hoped you would have found him by now. We are soooooo worried!
He is such a little dog out there in the jungle with those huge animals.
He would not easily have parted with his blanket!
You must find Joey.
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

Sophie Brador said...

I am barkless, and a bit appalled. I mean, come on you guys! Can't you find my Joey?

xo
SB

Asta said...

Mango
That balloon wide was pawsome till one of you again put us a t wisk wif youw gas..(I think you might have to weconsidew youw diet)
If it wewen't fow the fact that I'm so anxious to find Joey ,I'd say staying at home wif toffee and the giwls would have been the wisew move on my pawt. Thank dog we all landed safely,had no idea Dextew could bounce like that.
Now I'm totally wowwied about joey..it's soonot like him to leave his beloved blankie behind
wowwied smoochie kisses
ASTA

Mack said...

I think all the heat has gone to Tanners head....

I am gettin kinda worried about Joey though...

Thank dog Dexter's ok!

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

That lion won't have to eat again fur weeks!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

You sure are having a lot of wonderful adventures but no Joey yet.. Keep looking you all will find him..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Good observation on the pest Mango. She might be a rare African Shark.. She certainly has the teeth...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

chicamom85 said...

Mango, I am exhausted just following your journey. I don't know how all of you are holding up so well. I hope Joey is safe and hasn't been kidnapped. Your Mom must be quite worried about you and Peewee by now. How will you ever explain to her that she is going to be the Grandma of some Rhino/Mastiff babies? What will they eat?. Oh dear, I have to go and rest.

licks and sniffs,Sasha

chicamom85 said...

Oops sorry Hypo/Mastiff babies.

Sasha

Ludo van Doggy said...

Mango, well I hasn't beed able to comment till now cos of Mum being stupid busy but I has beed reading your South African adventures and every ...to be continues leaves me howling for more!
I so hopes you find Joey!
~lickies, Ludo

MJ's doghouse said...

i sure hope we have a nice quiet day soon...I am partied out...Mango...can you come and relax a bit....

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Are you sure you're all on the same tour? (And what happened to Honey?) Reading these versions is funny. You all seem to be doing different things at the same time. :)

Brownie said...

Mango, I am speechless... and that happens like... never! what an adventure!

Clive said...

Mango, the adventure just gets better and better!

Benson and Lily said...

Oh we love yhese adventures. We can wait to see what is going to happen. Oh Dufus you look good in a tux.
Benny & Lily

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mango!
I am not so sure but I guess it is time you all come back!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Samantha said...

Mango - how're ya doin'? I just got caught up on your adventures - they sound a bit dangerous, dudes. (But wicked fun hehee!) I think you're getting close to finding Joey!
Hugs xo
Sammie

hero said...

Mango Man, what an adventure you're having in Africa with the rest of the crew... really out of this world, BOL. Keep it coming.

Licks, hero

Holly and Khady said...

Oh MY! That is quite the adventure you are on there. Some of those pics are a little frightening!

Are you guys snoofin' some wacky weed while you are there?

Holly

Ike said...

I'm starting to get really concerned.
Ike

MAX said...

Dearest Mango Mommy
This is just a note to say a really special THANK YOU (my emails keep bombing) to you for all your creativity and hard work with this amazing adventure. You (and all your buddies in crime) have been truly marvellous. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with you and also a big THANK YOU for showcasing my beloved country so well.
Im looking forward to the final instalment/s of your adventure.
With love and appreciation
Max's mom in SA