Saturday, December 26, 2009

Dexter Day - Holiday Recap and a Special Pressie





Yesterday my human family came over to hang out and eat foodables. Boring! But they brought along my nephew, Misha, who is a neat little cocker spaniel. I was really excited and immediately suggested to Misha that we enjoy some playtime in the snow (note that my drama queen nephew, Oliver, had to stay at his estate lest the RH make him SQUEEEE again).

No stairs required for me! Weeeee!


Come on, Misha, let's party!




He seemed reluctant to leave the observation deck. Gosh, he used to be such a fun little dude, but I guess he is all grown up and mature now.







He was even unfazed by my cracker dog levitation skills.



Hey! Where is everybody going?






Oh, I see, foodables.

I usually can get away with some maximum stealth counter surfing during these family get togethers, but my plans were foiled by an unfortunate positioning of you know who. I don't think he was really guarding anything, just happened to be there when the urge to meditate overtook him.




The conversation started to flag and somebody (evil momma) suggested I entertain everybody by putting a bow on my head.

Does this look like the face of a dog who is about to succumb to such indignities?




Others, well...

Note my human brother sitting on MY bed. What's up with that?






I pause here to tell you that Misha does NOT like the Relentlessly Huge and is quite fierce when Mango gets too close. Mango, on the other hand, is keen to play and was doing some very impressive play bows and bouncing on the poor little guy.

Unfortunately no photos showing brave Misha putting the RH in his place because momma and my brother in law were too busy attempting to restore peace (although I did capture this kind of dark movie which demonstrates the sounds - Misha is only crying because his momma is outside, but he is more than capable of growling snapping jaws sounds. Momma tried to keep the RH away for his own good because the furniture had already gone flying once from all his relentlessly huge and kind of alarming bouncing).


video



Lucky for Misha, he can squeeze into small places.





But every time he ventured out, there was Mango, right in his face.

My sissy (who is most clever) suggested that due to the simple minded creature's limited cognitive skills, he not only forgot that Misha was in the house every time he was out of sight, but also that Misha HATES him.

So as Misha wandered about exploring, Mango was going;

"Hey, a dog! Let's play"

"Oops! Why don't you like me?"

30 second pause

"Hey, a dog! Let's play"

"Oops! Why don't you like me?"

This theory made a lot of sense to me, I mean look at his face. Are there any short term memories going on in there?






I found Misha behind the table and told him that maybe if he stayed where slobber monster could see him, that the big old doofus would finally figure out that he isn't Mr. Popular with every doggie.




Misha gave it some thought and said it was worth a try.





Sure enough. As long as Misha was in sight, Mango was capable of at least generating one thought, "Oh yeah, that little black dog doesn't like me. Sob." That calmed things down.





Of course the RH also had most of his brain consumed by engaging in one of his favorite activities... smoochie face. Ick! I hope his toxic slobbers didn't burn a hole through my sissy-in-law's jeans. Hold on! Now SHE is sitting on MY bed. You know there are plenty of other seats to choose from.





Even though this was supposed to be a no pressie year, Momma indulged in a very special pressie for all of us.

A custom made Grandpa Angus from Mama Lamb.




I never had the pleasure of meeting Grandpa Angus, but I understand he was a fine old dale.

This is an old photo of him and momma I found taken almost 15 years ago when he was competing in obedience. Isn't he handsome?




Our Grandpa Angus will live on the mantel where he will hopefully stay clear of certain loose lip slobber monster's spray zone. Thank you so much Mama Lamb!



Speaking of pressies, my sissy brought one for momma and master because she said that when she saw it she just could not resist.


Two of their favorite movies all fancied up for Blu-ray!








Once those were opened I don't think momma and master could wait for everybody to leave so that they could spend some quality time with the governator.

The RH had to take some of his sore leg medicine and go to bed. Momma says it is because he did too much bouncing and jumping, but I think it is because he meditates all tangled up causing over extension of his not terribly limber self.



As for me? I think they have watched those movies about 247 times just since I came to the estate, so I was not especially interested in viewing them again. Besides, it had been a long day and I was just happy to have my bed back.





Dexter done!

40 comments:

The OP Pack said...

We have so much going here that it is going to be hard to visit everyone for a few days, but we did want you all to know we are trying to read your posts. We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas - your pressie is very beautiful.

Woos, Phantom and Thunder

hero said...

Hi Dexter,

Happy holidays to everyone... you're right, grown ups are no fun... hmmm could it be the bigger the size, the smaller the brain. Grandpa Angus was a handsome dude, alright.

Licks, hero

iheartsnark said...

Wow, you guys sure had a busy day yesterday!! Unfortunately, we were banned from festivities on account of my stoopid brother, Sketcher!

He is so obsessed with food, he will follow people around and stare at them with his "crazy eyes" until they give him something. Which is, of course, a bad idea, cuz then he gets hyper.

Oh well, we still got lots of toys (Sketcher destroyed one already!)

Yer pal,
Angel

achieve1dream said...

Aw poor Dexter. I'm glad you got your bed back. I loved hearing about Mango and the cocker spaniel. :)

Jackal

houndstooth said...

Dexter, I have the same problem with people taking over my bed when they come to visit! Sheesh! Haven't these people ever heard of sitting on the floor?

Bunny

P.S. Glad you had a good day and were a greyt lambassador!

Samantha said...

There was certainly a lot going on over there yesterday! Love your pawrents' enthusiasm for Ah-nold! But sorry about the continuous problems with the RH and Misha - sounds like you did a good job of management control and even while your bed was occupied. Great work, Dexter! Loved the picture of you jumping in the snow and also love Grandpa Angus - very cool post - thanks for sharing!
Hugs xo
Sammie

Stella, Gunther & Betty said...

Wow, lot's going on at your dog house, Dex. Hard to believe no one would like the Mango. Glad you eventually got your bed back.

Snorts,
Stella, Gunther & Betty

Moose said...

I do believe your sissy deserves some sort of nobel peace prize for figuring that one out and of course you were vital as a diplomat in the Misha and RH war!
Sorry to hear RH's leg is a bit bummed out. I have been worried about Moose because he went wild in the back yard with his girlfriends the other day. He seems a little stiff but not too bad.
Anyhow, I applaud the no presents thing. I think for adult non-doggies it just puts the focus on the wrong thing over the holidays. Anyways, whatever your reason I think it looks like you had a wonderful day. Grandpa Angus memorial is adorable too. I hope he stays safe!

Gus said...

Hmmmm...the solution you came up with for the frequent altercations between the RH and the small (?) nephew dog is brilliant. You are clearly a deep thinker.

happy holidays right back at ya

gussie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Dexter!
Sure you all had an interesting day!
Sorry Misha did not want to play with Mango!
The Grandpa Angus is pawesome! I know how much you loved him!
I am like you. I like to have my family around and to play with them but... when it is my sleeping time... it is my sleeping time!
Have a great saturday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Heather and Pumpkin said...

Wow that is some good paw placement in Mango's last photo. It is almost a perfect basketweave.

xoxo
Pumpkin

Chef said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chef said...

Dexter, you're definitely the life of the party. I'm glad you got your bed back 'cause you must have been exhausted.

I sure hope Mango doesn't take Misha's rejection personally. He's probably just in awe of his hugeificationalness, and that's kind of flattering if you ask me.

Hey, I didn't know Mango is a contortionist. Look at the way that dude sleeps. If I could do that I'd chew off my toenails and spit them across the room. Wouldn't your mom love that? Oh if our moms would only know about the things we could do but don't, they wouldn't get mad at us when we do our mischiefs.

xox
Chef

Dennis the Vizsla said...

hello dexter its dennis the vizsla dog hay that luks like a fun visit with yore frends!!! hay i like the bow on mangos hed maybe yore mama shud dress him up like that evry day it is verry festiv!!! ok bye

Niamh said...

Is your bed the most comfy in the house? Such a shame that Misha didn't want to play with you Dexter. I would have loved to run around in all that snow with you. Glad you guys had a great Christmas and I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Your friend,
Niamh

wally said...

I am most impressed by the Grandpa Angus which is nearly as handsome as Angus. I am sorry that Misha does not understand how awesome the RH is.

wally t.

Noah the Airedale said...

Crikey you guys had the most awesome Christmas. To bad the little spaniel dude wasnt up for a bit of fun play. We used to have a spaniel cousin. He crossed the bridge last year but not before I had the opportunity to rip open his ear....ooops. Not really my fault.

We love the Grandpa Angus stuffie.
That was lovely of Mama Lamb to make that for you.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Maggie and Mitch said...

Your Grandpa Angus stuffie is just awesome! Mama Lamb did a beautiful job!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Ms. ~K said...

Is it just a coincidence that in one of the photos I see an empty wine glass and RH licking his slobbery lips??? I didn't think so!!!
BTW, Terminator is one of my all-time faves too!!!
Hugs and belly rubs,
~K

Mack and Sally Ann said...

Dexter,
You are most verbose. Your Christmas day looked like fun. Please tell your big brother he is very cute, and he mustn't be upset over Misha's attitude. Tell him that sometmes little dogggies are very afraid of big doggies.
Sally Ann

Stella said...

Hey PeeWee: I would love to come and play in the snow with you. We would have a ball, right into 2010!

Kisses,
Stella

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

What is wrong with that pup. Who doesn't want to play in the snow. We rarely get is so enjoy.. Sheesh..
Mango don't worry she must be one of those upity up girls. Who couldn't love you?

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Stanislaw said...

I think your cousin is one heck of a fine companion animal. I've read that his breeding makes him the beastliest and most apt feaster in the entire canine species. No joke. I read that.

I'm a total party animal and I love big dogs. I am, after all, roughly the size of a rotty - according to me. I can handle Mango man. I'll come play!

Frankie Furter said...

Grandpa Angus must have been some kind of schnauzer.
Hey Dexter, you did a PAWSOME job on this post. You should do it more often. Loved your personal ELEVATOR from deck to ground.
Happy New Year

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

I think Mango was trying to protekhk the AGJ from my mom!

BTW, that is khwite the furry nice special pressie!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Dearest Mango: woo would LOVE the snow with my fluffy tail fur inspiration...sadly, my grass has returned and the yard is a sponge!
PeePeeEssWoo: Mom says just wait 'til woo see the kholours of one of her Saturday passengers!

Benny and Lily said...

Oh Mango you are funny. We have a feeling you were very intimidating to the little cocker. We love the way you were guarding the kitchen in case something fell. BOL..We see you ended your fun fill day in your yoga pose
Have a merry one
Benny & Lily

Wild Dingo said...

Dex, you tell nice long and veried stories with lots of plot wanderings, i mean, plot twists.

Poor Mango... other doggies probably discriminate against his RH size. it's so unfair.

~wags-n-wiggles~
wild dingo

1000 Goldens said...

Dexter, I can't believe Misha didn't immediately respond to your cracker dog skills! I know it is sometimes intimidating visiting the estates of other dogs though, so I understand. Glad you had a nice Christmas with lots of humans to pet you.

Martha and Bailey said...

Hi Mango and Dexter, you sure have lots of snow - we thought we had lots but your more!
We loved all your xmas pics - especially the one with Mango with the bow on top of his head!
Looked like a great xmas was had by all.
love and kisses
Martha & bailey xxx

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

Hey Dex
I'm concerned. It seems RH commanded all attention and enforced a no fun policy.. No Oscar.. now misha has turned on the no play attitude. huh... then I noticed your sissy in law sitting next to him and his crayon is out for coloring. I guess the only action you'll get is at camp hump alot. You might need to have a sit down chat with momma.
norwood

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hmm...we see Norwood also noticed that Mango obviously had a Sephora gift card this Christmas and got a new lipstick...I happened to bigify the pic to save for future use and well ya couldn't miss it..um....well...never mind....(don't they make socks or somethin' for that issue??) Or perhaps Sephora has a cover up stick?? (Lacie snorts in a most unladylike fashion....)

Check your mailbox...I sent you a card...actually a couple of em....darling...

And no worries about postponin' the date in Texas...I'm busy plannin' our wedding...

Have you noticed anything odd 'bout Grandpa Angus? I bribed Butchy...oh it wasn't hard...to add a few strands of Clacie DNA that were still stored in Mama Lamb's labratory...heh heh heh...

Does he SHRIEK?

So poor Oliver was alone on Christmas Day cuz ya make him squeee? Mango, you should be ashamed of yourself...he's just a pup...

Need to go and snoopervise my brothers...

Kisses, Darlings...

Laciecakesbeastiegirlie

Tee said...

Hello Dexter, Mango and family,

Christmas sounded like alot of fun! Wishing you all a very happy new year!

Licks and wags

The Dog Woods Pack

Twinkietinydog said...

Wow, Dexter. You're such a fun raconteur. I felt like I spent the day with you too. I'm glad you finally got some company, your nephew, eager to bounce around and engage in play. What's up with Mango's legs? Did you trip him when nobody was looking? He looks plenty limber in the photo. Anyway, I was also very impressed to find out you live in a green home. I should have guessed you'd be respectful to the environment too. And the holidays continue... :)
Twink!

Butchy and Snickers said...

Oh my dawg, those are some of Mama's favorite movies too, hehehe. She's a scifi, horror & action movie freak. We can't believe that Misha doesn't like the Mangomeister. Such a shame. We're glad you had such a fun holiday. Do you want some more snow?? We got even more last night. Is it ever going to stop???
Errrr, I see Lacie spilled the beans about the special DNA, hehehehe! You'll have to let me know if Grandpa Angus shrieks, okay?? tee hee. Have a great weekend!
Luv & Wirey Hugs, Purrz & Licks,
Butchy, Ruby, Sylvester, Scuby & Hootie

The Army of Four said...

Hi Dexter! We've been working really, really hard to get caught up on our freinds' blogs! It looks like you and Mr. Mango the Relentlessly Huge had a wonderful Christmas! He does look really cute with the bow on his head.... you know?
It looks like you have lots and lots of snow like us. Isn't it fun?!? I would love to rip around your yard with you!
Love,
Ammy

ocmist said...

Well, I guess you DID end up getting your seat back even though it was confiscated for the day by the extra humans. That Angus is AWESOME. What a great job she did!

We are sorry that Poor Mango isn't up to snuff again... Probably was the bouncing and didn't you say something about furniture moving, too! We are hoping that he's doing much better VERY soon! OC

Minnie-Moo (Rescue Lab) said...

Awww Dexter happy holidays to you all too. Wish I could have bounced around in the snow with you, I love running around and playing chase!

Muzzle thinks you are very cute too - you remind us of a Lab boy we see sometimes here, he is very handsome too.

Minnie-Moo
x

Peggy said...

You are as cute as ever Dexter!

Kari in WeHo said...

I'm glad you got your bed back and it would be a bit scary to have Mango bouncing around...

Two Country Poodles said...

Great post Dexter!


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo