Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Most Excellent Award and My Portrait

I just want to tell you that I will be posting exciting updates on the Mango Minster site and won't always have time to tell you here (in fact there was one yesterday in case you missed it), so please do add it to your google reader, OK? I would hate for my pals to miss any of the action.

Oh yeah, there is no small / toy dog division due to the Mango figuring out that it would discriminate against doggies that are small of stature. You little guys and gals just enter whatever category suits you.

My pal, Marge (OK, she is really more PeeWee's pal what with her being a labradog all into those senseless agilities and whatnot) gave me a most awesome award. I also got the exact same award from Maggie and Mitch! Yowsa!



It is intended for bloggies that display enthusiasm and creativity in writing about the things we love most in life (and I am honored to have been chosen).

Here are my five pals to whom I am passing this award along to;

Eric the Square, A Square Dogs Blog, who write his blog in British which is sometimes difficult for the Mango to understand, but I have learned several most excellent new phrases and words.

Lance and Vito, The Dogs are Really in Charge, who write about many training and trick activities which don't particularly interest me, but give momma lots of weird ideas about how to stimulate my intellectuals. Plus they occasionally post awesome ferret action movies.

Miss Sunshade, Life of Miss Sunshade - the Vancouver SuperDALE, who has a most amazing muscle butt, but that isn't just why a chose her, honestly. I like the way she rises above the indignities of living with her annoying brother, Jaffa, and takes the high road with her words.

The Beast, Scruffy, Lacie, and Stan's Place. Pity poor Mumsie who has to put up with three terriers, one of whom is The Beast herself. Somehow Mumsie always seems able to take the high road with their, ahem, antics and help us enjoy the fact that we are viewing their household from a safe distance.

and finally,

Dennis the Vizsla, Dennis's Diary of Destruction, because if I give him an award maybe he will put in a good word for me with his sissy, Trixie, who has a most amazing pair of panty loons.



Here are the rules;
  • Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most deserving Bloggy Friends.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom she/he received The Award.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on her/his blog, and link to This Post which explains The Award.
  • Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit This Post and add her/his name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this prestigious honor!
  • Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on her/his blog.

Look at this! It is the portrait of my large and handsome self that OC's Grammy made!

My picture won lots of ribbons in a competition because it is so good (well, and of course the subject matter is award winning too).

She did a great job capturing all the details of my most extraordinary jowls and of course my keen, alert expression. Thank you so much!

Mango Man! Oh yeah!

36 comments:

doyle and mollie said...

oh mango man you look so furry furry noble... we are excited you are doing mangominister and if your momma need some help tell her to holla my momma says she is gonna be furry busy back at work cos all her clients have been doing too much thinking on their holidays but if your momma gives her enough notice she could squeeze some stuff in... loves and licks heres to a furry fun new year

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Khongrats on the pawesome award!

AND WHOA on the handsomeness of your portrait!

Merdie and I are both suds'ing the laptop!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

Heather and Pumpkin said...

Wow what an amazing portrait!

It makes me feel very grown up and special to not have to be in a little toy division!

xoxo
Pumpkin

Kari in WeHo said...

That is an amazing portrait! I wonder if I could have her do one of my pups...

houndstooth said...

Mango,

That is an amazing portrait! You look so stately and dignified!

Bunny

Samantha said...

Congrats on your super-well-deserved award, Mango. Wow! Is that ever a bootiful portrait of you - I'm not surprised that it has won awards - you look just amazing there - truly a fabulous painting. You are just so handsome!
Big Hugs xo
Sammie

Dory and the Mama said...

What a wonderful painting of your regal self Mango!!

Congrats on the award!!

Smileys!
Dory

Frankie Furter said...

Geee Mango you have yet another version of your flat self. You keep this up and you'll have all the little problems in life ironed out. I'm just sayin'.

The OP Pack said...

Congrats on that award, Mango - we do think you exhibit creativity and enthusiasm with every post you do. Awesome awardees too.

Wowzer, your portrait is knockout gorgeous. Just like the real thing, of course:)

Tail wags, Phantom and Thunder

Kasha The Dainty Great Dane said...

Hey Mango,

Congrats on your blog award and love that portrait of your awesome mangoness!!

AARF Kasha the Dainty Great Dane

Nuthatch... said...

You're way too handsome - you should cme visit Canada some time. We love big & handsome guys up here.

Asta said...

Mango

bloggie is being nasty and not letting me leave a message.
Congwatulations fow youw faboolous awawd. We awe all the wichew fow weading those clevew bloggies..thank you!!!
and I simply loooove youw pawtwait! it's magnificent, just like you
smoochie kisses
ASTA

hero said...

Your portrait is most beautiful... and congrats on your award. Enthusiasm and creativity are Mango's trademark.

Licks, hero

Ashley (the mom), Dixie (the Catahoula) and sometimes Lola (the Pit Bull) said...

Wow, Mango, that is a wonderful portrait!
Hugs and Tail Wags,
Dixie

1000 Goldens said...

Congratulations on your well deserved award Mango! That portrait is awesome and really captures your most handsome self.

Jazzi said...

Congrats on your awards there Mango. Super!!!
And the picture is great of you. really brings out your features. But nothing no matter how good can compare to the Real handsomeness of YOU!!!!

Smiles
Jazzi

Benny and Lily said...

Congrats Mango monster minster on your award. Do we love that portrait!
Benny & Lily

Laura, Lance, and Vito said...

Wow, Thanks Mango! And don't worry, I'm working on another ferret video right now but am still in the "gathering footage" phase so it might be a little while.

And what an AMAZING portrait. Dexter must be jealous!

The Army of Four said...

Congrats, Mango! And WOW, that portrait is SO COOL!

Play bows,
Zim

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

OMD...is that drool on the wall we see??? Does the Noble Portrait produce SUDS??

We suggest that Momma keep a large bottle of spray cleaner for suds removal...wow...wonder if people will line up to come and watch it suds?? (Hmm..I never knew one could use "suds" as a verb.)

Um...thank you sooooooooo much for the award, but could you rewrite the description of why we were so deserving? I noticed that you described Miss Sunshade's Muscle Butt in the most flattering terms...and you described moi as something irritating to live with....

Now Mango...(Lacie's tone becomes more high pitched and wheedling...) do you have ANY IDEAS which of my many photos may impress Norwood??? I just can't decide...do you think the centerfold in Playdog would be appropriate?? Hmm...I can't believe you have Asta C Quest Erred...what the heck an I supposed to do while she's floatin' around on some yacht??

Kisses,
Lacie

Is it Dexter's barkday this week??? Oh my...I'll be practicin' my Marilyn Monroe impression...

Lorenza said...

Mango!
I am speechless looking at your portrait!
Pawesome!
Congratulations on your award!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Huskee and Hershey said...

That's a great pawtrait of you Mango, in all your majestic handsomeness (is there such a word?)..

Congrats on your award, you are most deserving of it!

Please don't hate us, but we'd also like to wish Dexter a HAPPY BARKDAY!!!!

Ms. ~K said...

Oh Mango, your portrait is pawsome!!! Only one thing missing-SLOBBER!!!
Licks and sniffs,
Zack, Sassy and Buddy

Sunshade said...

Mango Man!!! First of all, what a gorgeous picture of your handsome face and facial skin and jowl skin, it truly is superb! (you feelin' the vibe my muscle butt is sending you?)

Congratulations on winning the most deserving award! Thank you so much for your flattering introductory to the blog award you so graciously passed onto me. I am truly honoured (the SuperDALE is honoured!!).

ps. I did some reading on both yours and Lacie's blogs, and saw that you guys go WAAAAY back. I hope she was ok with your flattering post of the world hottest MUSCLE BUTT....

Love nibbles nibbles nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

Sunshade said...

Hi Hi Mango, Hi Hi Dexter,

Me me is Jaffaman. I hope you both like me, and be friend friends with me. Me me want to wish Dexter Happy Happy Kake Day. Jaffaman had a fun fun and yummy kake day, Dexter and Mangogo will too ok ok?

Landshark bites,
Jaffaman

dewdana said...

Congrats on your award! That portrait of you is stunning! She did a beautiful job.

Stella said...

Congrats on your award, Mango, and on the excellent portrait of your large and jowly self. Very handsome.

Kisses,
Stella

ocmist said...

WOW! Your framer did an awesome job on the portrait! The colors of the matt and frame just really make you POP! I'm so glad that you are happy with it. I just HAD to nag Mom into doing it as you are just so AWESOMELY HANDSOME!!! It was quite a challenge for her.

Congrats, on your award! No one deserves it more than you and Your Mom! OC

Maggie and Mitch said...

Your portrait is just gorgeous, Mango! OC's grammy did a beautiful job!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

achieve1dream said...

Congrats on the award. I love that portrait!

Martha and Bailey said...

What a wonderful portrait Mango - OC's mum has captured your magnificence!
Congrats on the Award.
love
Martha & bailey xxx

Marjie said...

That is a wonderful portrait of you, Mango! But I still don't know in what category a large and handsome doggy like myself should enter. I am a good sport, but do not do sporting, because it is not the most dignified thing. And working? Please! Only if ruling the household is considered working.

Drools,
Thor

animal lover, quilt lover said...

What a beautiful portrait of you Mango!!!!!!
That is so special!!
Thanks O C's Granny.
Nice!!!
A big hug for you, Bambi & Fern

Dennis the Vizsla said...

hello mango its dennis the vizsla dog hay i wil put in a gud wurd with trixie for yoo all rite but i am not shoor she wil remember it on akkownt of she has a weerd alien snayl attachd to her hed at the moment!!! ok bye

Inky and Molly said...

Congrats on the award. And what a dashing hound you are indeed!

TwoSpecialWires said...

We can only assume that portrait holds a most important spot in your home. Like over the mantel. Or next to the snack jar.

You are awesome.
Jake and Fergi