Sunday, August 15, 2010

Contest Update and Alleged Swimming Pool


I am not sure I approve of Mango and Momma reviewing all of my labradog entries prior to letting me post them. I mean, I got a really nice note from a little labragal...


Dear Dexter....
This time my name is Dexcie....becuz labradorks can spring and jete like really easily, I thought my photo entry would reflect the artsy side of me....

I do look quite stunning, if I do say so myself....and it's so all about me, anyway.
Do you know you hardly have any photos on your blog of your butt? There's a million of the RH's butt, but only inferior quality ones of yours. Oh, I looked. Not that I was going to use them in any fashion.

IF YOU DON'T ACCEPT THIS ENTRY, THERE IS GOING TO BE TROUBLE.

I mean, ...I am sure that this entry will meet the admission standards. Not that there were any.

Fond labrasnuggles to ya...

Dexcie, totally 100% full blooded black labland er black lakelab er um whatever floats your boat....

What do you think? RH rejected this entry, but I think she is kind of cute. Sort of reminds me of some doggie...






My good pal and fellow black lab, Buddy, did his proud to be a black lab post! Read it here.

Maybe if Dexcie did a black lab pride post momma would let her enter my contest. What do you think?

Little Rudy, the guide dog in training, also sent me a photo for the contest with these nice words;

Why I like being black,

I like being black, because I'm the first ever black labbie my raiser has EVER had. And she loves me - she is so glad she got a black puppy. Black dogs rock, and when a cow appreciation day comes up a Chick-fl-a - just put on some white spots... and you are officially a cow!

Anyways, black dogs are awesome, and my raiser loves getting pictures of me :)

I also got an entry from the beautiful Miss Stella. Now some of you might be saying, "Hey Dexter, she is not an official black labragal" and you would be correct. However she has a pure labraface and except for the accident of long hair rather than a nice waterproof labracoat, she is plenty lab for me. Besides, it's MY contest.

Her labrapost is here.

In other news, Master FINALLY found a new swimming pool for me to replace the one that suffered a hull breach when the Relentlessly Clumsy stepped on it wrong. Jerk!

Seems the middle of the summer is exactly when one cannot find swimming pools for sale. What's up with that?

I couldn't wait to try it out, but was actually kind of confused. I mean it was really almost too deep to just lounge in, but not deep enough to swim.

Not to mention I was a little self conscious since the DOH kept taking these uninspired photos of my muscular labrabutt.





I was hoping maybe if I just kind of paced around and looked pathetic momma would take me next door to the REAL pool that we have not visited for a while due to them having a doggie guest in the house who does not appreciate my labraness.









No dice. Sob.

Guess one must make due with what one has...






I just must share this movie that I found on the feisty three blog. Now why can't I have one of those? (RH has the same question, but I don't think he is referring to the water slide).

You can watch a movie of me "enjoying" my new pool here.

Dexter done!

P.S. I am super excited to already have several entries for my big contest! Just one week left to enter. Click on my handsome face in the sidebar to enter.

32 comments:

Priscilla said...

Dexter, your contestants are super funny. Do they all think they really look labradory enough?

Roo said...

Gotta paw it to Dexcie for tryin so hard to get into your contest Dexter. Poor thing's gonna get a complex from being rejected so much.

SOOO glad you got a new pool after your old pool breached its hull with a little help from you know who ;)
Really like the divin duckies at the bottom :)

Sendin you cool thoughts,
Roo

El'bow and Hauwii said...

woooow funny video about the dobberman :D
well nice poool only a cocktailbar was missing

Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

3 doxies said...

Can I talk to Mango?
Ummmm, how come all these doggies wants to be black labs? I'm so confused...okays, I know I purty much Stay confused.
Anyways, why not want to be a mastiff? There are plaenty of mini-mastiffs around.
Oh and when I click on Asta's entry it takes me to Maxmom's blog....now I am SOOOOOOOO confused.
Can I get a margarita while I'm here?

Puddles

The Paw Relations said...

I wish I had a pool. But we've not had much summer to speak of here in England and as soon as my mum found to pool in the shed the summer was over.

Dexter I am doing a lab pride post on Mondy! I'll e-mail you the link.

Shen x

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Dear PeeWee -

Khousin Merdie and I hope woo get khovered in Mango Khutie Khooties today -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra and Khousin Merdie

Mimi and CC Cabana said...

Dex, you have a nice labrabutt. You are in great shape. I watched your pool video, and then I watched another one that came up of some other black lab in a pool--and he was majorly tubby. Made me think about what good care your momma takes of you! Now get in that little pool, quit complaining, and enjoy it!

tula said...

hey dex,

dexcie can enter- but loose the fancy outfits. proper labra-accessories are tennis balls, slobbers, umm.. frisbee woo know your basic flying/rolling objects. not a foo foo neckline.

TULA

what's next? muscle butt contest! i THINK SO!

Frankie Furter said...

I think that is a grrrreat pool. I know you will get used to it. Enjoy buddy.

Zona said...

My sister Cali is a black doggie but she's not a labrapup. But we loves her furs!!

I bet you'll get used to your pool. It looks so refreshing!!

Wags,
Zona

Kari in WeHo said...

We think all awesome dogs should be allowed in your contest! :-P

Don't forget, we moved to http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

3 doxies said...

Uh, it is most apparent dat I did a little too much pawtying yesterday and am suffering from it cuz I so totally got Asta AFTER your comment...hehehe! I can be such a moron after a nite of beers...course, I can be a moron anytime really...hehehe!

Puddles

houndstooth said...

If you want to see a great butt, you need to check out some Greyhounds! That's all I'm saying on that front. Dex, I think you need to look pretty closely at some of those entries!

Bunny

Joe Stains said...

I will go back and see what this contest is all about, but if you are running it I can imagine it is a doosy. doozy? doosey? whatever...that all looks like DOOFUSY to me.

Martha and Bailey said...

Now Dexter, listen up! this is your contest and you decide who can enter.
Just cos your a labrador doesn't mean you have to keep rolling over you know!
Be assertive!
You are getting some rather unusual entries but thats OK - we think that even among you black labradors there has to be difference!
Vive la difference!!!
Remember Dexter, you are a lion not a bunny rabbit.
love
Martha and Bailey xxx

Sue said...

Gee Dexter,
Eight of us are black and most of us love water, but none of us qualify for your contest. We have to go look for a contest for dogs with curly hair. Maybe next time. Sigh...
Morgan, Tsar and the Porties

Heather said...

These wannabes sure do think up quite a lot of tricks. But I'm not fooled! Be strong, Dexter, resist all the non-Lab entries!

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Hello's Dex knows Best!! It's Josie!! Anakin's gonna be reals upsets if he knows I'm team big adventures!! Oh's wells, he'd come talk to his Twinner, butt he's got some drama himself!! Goodness's...

Maybe's 'da Josie should just dress up like a witch and 'den I's can be hunted!!!
SNORTS!!! Oh's don't mind me's... I'm just a crazy Josie who sits on 'da couch all day...

{sppppppp....noises some sort of can}.. Is she painting herself???

Bouncing Bertie said...

Hi Dexter
Just a quick word to say big thank you for letting the lovely Miss Stella enter your highly suspect contest.
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Peanut said...

That one labradog is highly suspicious. Glad the contest is going so well.

Mack said...

With all that water in your labrapool, the RH cooties are prolly in the low hundreds.
Anyhoo, I am glad you are carefully monitoring the entries.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

What awesome entries you are getting Dex.. We love your new pool. We agree you need to get to the one next door so you can really cool off...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Benny and Lily said...

Those are nutty funny contestants. By the way, did you do the backstroke or doggy paddle?
Benny & Lily

Clive said...

Dexter

We love your contestants! Just brillant!

Enjoy that pool!

take care
Clive and Murray

Oskar said...

That Dexcie looks a little familiar somehow...

I'm off to see all of your labrafreinds!

Samantha said...

Well we looked at all the pictures and movies and wish we were black labs - how 'bout "retreivers?" Oh okay... we'll be good sports... besides - we like your contestants' entries! Love the Feisty Three vid - that is just so hysterical and Mom totally craves that pool, not to mention moi. But the best is seeing you in your new pool, Dexter! You do it proud!
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and the gang

Lorenza said...

Dexter!
The contest gets more and more interesting!
A water slide would be pawesome, right?
By now... enjoy your pool!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Mr Koda MD said...

Hello Dexter! I must go and check out the other labrastories - mine is here;

http://mrkodamd.blogspot.com/2010/08/why-is-being-black-labrador-retriever.html

Happy Monday!

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

The RH REJECTED that darling Dexcie...what a total blithering dunderhead, he is...of course Dexcie is totally adorable...actually that tutu looks far better on her than on some dog we remember from the Cracker Nuts a while back...member when Mango jeted and the floor collasped? Just grace on his paws, huh???

Dexcie did have a point, Dexter, that up till this post there have been few muscle butt photos of your sleekness...

I printed this one out and have it on the wall of my crate...I'm just sayin'...

We're voting for Dexcie...well, I am anyway...

XXOOO Laciecakes

Moco said...

There is something not right about that Dexcie. Beware.

HoundDogMom said...

We think you need one of them slides to make your life more interesting. Plus it would be really neat to have a video of Mango going down a slide like that. I actually seen that one and I thought they said it took awhile for them to figure out how their pool deck was getting so wet during the day. They were blaming the little humans tell they set up the video cam to record what was happening. You look like you enjoy your little swimming pool very much but can understand wanting to swim in a really big pool. We are not much on the swimming thing. The HoundDogs

ocmist said...

Your new pool is BIG! That would be SO MUCH FUN... at least for us. We could ALL get into THAT one! Mercy says that she thinks you'd better be really careful about that Dexcie! She doesn't trust her. Says that she reminds her of someone that rings alarm bells in her head. Maybe Mango is right about letting this one pass... The CCC