Does this look like a happy face? NO!
The Mango is most certainly NOT happy! And I will tell you why.
Because the place where momma works has moved her to a new office, that's why.
Let's look at the facts, shall we?
- Momma's new office is nicer than her old office (and it has an actual door which she can close when she wants to read blogs, oops, I mean concentrate really hard on work stuff).
- Momma's new office is on the main campus of her work place so she will not have to travel from building to building during the day.
- Momma's new office place has a gym right inside so that she can do the working out (and I have noticed her pants getting shorter of late due to her jolly bottom consuming ever more real estate).
- Momma's new building has a better foodables court than the last one which might make her actually eat more healthier.
- Momma's new work place is closer to stupid PeeWee's daycares (and of course Mango's beauty salon).
- Momma's new work place is clean and new and doesn't have a leaky roof or broken HVAC that fries the uber geeks in the summer time (yuh, ever spend an hour in a closed unventilated space with a bunch of hardware engineers? There ain't a bottle of Febreze big enough for that).
That all sounds pretty good, right?
Because there is one bad thing about it.
Now when we say goodbye to her in the morning...
We will NEVER see her again until she is finished at the work place for the day because...
MOMMA'S NEW WORK PLACE IS TOO FAR AWAY FOR HER TO COME HOME AND SEE ME DURING THE DAY!
That's right, you heard me. No more sneaking home to check on the Mango.
No more lingering leisurely mornings sipping coffee and planning our day.
No more middle of the day fun times.
No more being just a few minutes away in case I need her in an emergency.
Of pity the poor Mango.
What I am supposed to do for entertainments all day?
What happens when she starts to come home (gasp) after dark?
THIS is no substitute for having Momma at my beck and call.
OK, sure, Master is around most of the time to keep me company and snuggle me and allow let me out for potty breaks and general patrolling of the estate, but IT'S NOT THE SAME!
Yuh, and she will be going west of Rt. 495 like every day and even though I know she is brave and strong, how long can she survive in that wild, unchartered territory?
Was there ever such a sorry thing as my large and needing momma close at all times self?
Momma says, "Oh Mango, I will always come right home if you really need me and I have to go to work to earn your kibbles money." As if! I am calling that work place right now and giving them a piece of my mind. You can count on it.
And did I mention that it is HOT HOT HOT again? More hibernating.
Pathetic Mango Man! Oh yeah!
P.S. Atlas is still missing. Miss Kylie looked for him with her mom all day Sunday, but he cannot be found. He was last seen in Worcester Master Chew Sits. Please cross post his picture if you want because you never know who is reading your bloggy, right?