Friday, October 8, 2010

Momma gets El'bow Therapy and Disturbs my Sleep



Momma has been going someplace called the Occupational Therapies for her tennis ball El'bow. She thinks it is just endlessly fascinating. Well, how would I know given that I, Mango, do not get to join her on these adventures. However, since she insists on telling me about it ad nauseum, I figured that I would share it with you just to demonstrate what I have to put up with.

Fear not! There is actual Mango stuff towards the end of the post.

So far, she is just sitting around at her therapies whilst some lady does different voodoo magic to encourage the tennis ball El'bow to get better. Most curious, something called the fluidotherapy which is a closed tank full of, I kid you not, corn husks that get heated up and blown around on her arm. Kind of like sand blasting.




Then there is the butter knife torture. Who would even think of something like this? Huh? Humans are so gullible. Yuh, the OT lady puts goop on momma's arm and then spreads it around with a butter knife.

I know! I wouldn't have believed it either without digitals proof.






Sigh, I am forced to show you this rather boring photo of PeeWee running to greet evil leaving Mango at home witch lady at the end of the daycare day. See him all jumping on the rock?

You know, I used to go to daycare too. For sure. Until I got kicked out for an unfortunate incident involving a boxer dog sticking his head in my mouth. NOT MY FAULT!






PeeWee always smells really weird when he gets home at the end of the day. I am keen to learn with whom he consorted.





There are always a ton of curious scents around his rear quarters. I suspect that despite his protestations to the contrary, he is still the butt of some humping action if you catch my drift.






OK, was that boring or what? Well, you haven't seen anything. Momma actually made a movie of all of that and it is five mind numbing minutes long! Huh? You can watch it here. Ignore her funny sounding voice. Apparently there are still cooties causing her nose to be a bit stuffy. I do make an appearance at the end of the movie if you can stand to listen to her drone on during the first few minutes and if you can maintain consciousness whilst watching stupid PeeWee at daycare.


Are you still awake? Speaking of sleep... nice transition... I want to lodge a complaint regarding sleep disturbances. To whit, that a certain human insists of disturbing my evening slumbers to force me to go outside and pee. Why? Just because she is too lazy to get up at 3AM when it is the natural time for a quick trip to the outdoor potty.

This movie is kind of dark (yuh, because it is NIGHT TIME), but I believe you will glean the cruelty of the situation nevertheless. Note that PeeWee keeps his distance throughout. Why? Because when I get grouchy with momma I am clever enough not to bitey her, but I do need to bitey somebody and if PeeWee is handy, he is as good as anything. You will even hear me exclaim an HBO word towards the end of the movie.





video


In other news, my good pal, Scruffman, got in a bit of trouble for accidentally letting one of his toofers penetrate the fleshy part of his mumsie's thumb. I offered to let him hide out at the estate for a few days while she cooled her jets and we were very busy.


You can read all about it on his bloggy here.





Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. We are catching up on your posts. I promise. Patience, my friends...

35 comments:

The Rocky Creek Scotties said...

We hope your DOH's tennisball elbow heals soon - therapy is no fun. And it sound like her cooties might be improving.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

Niamh said...

You are a relentlessly sound sleeper Mango! Your momma has to work really hard to get you to wake up. Very impressive. We too are awakened at 11 PM for a potty trip outside no matter what the weather. Otherwise Ambrose would start scratching at the door at some ridiculous hour of the morning and many HBO words would be said.

Your friends,
Niamh & Ambrose

Nat said...

Love the video of you sleeping! You have very big paws.

Mack said...

Mango, were you giving your momma the cold shoulder when she came home from workies? And Honey sure likes to hog the camera, doesn't she!

Jen said...

Oh Mango, I hear ya on the sleep thing. There's only 1 in this house who likes to get up and go out at those crazy hours your momma is making you get up at. And, she's the little one plus a terror to boot, so what does she know, right??

Anyway, I'm happy to be back and have time to catch up on my blogs too! :)

Jen and the Black Dog Crew

Frankie Furter said...

Mango you certainly do have a lot to endure. I think life is just not quite FAIR sometimes.
I am glad that your momma is continuing to improve.
Sorry you don't get to go to Camp Hunch a Bunch any longer. NOT FAIR I say.. Not fair at all.

pam said...

We think you are very wise Mango that when you feel a bitey comin on DONOTDONOTDONOT bitey the momma. Perhaps you could pass this info on to Scruffy.

Also yer momma made reference to a certain 'man purse' in hers video. She couldn't keep that thing at the works?

Bobo and Meja

Ms. ~K said...

Dex seems to enjoy your butt sniffs...that's scary!
Happy Weekend,
Zack, Sassy and Buddy

Dennis the Vizsla said...

Mmmm, butter.

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

SO many potential khomments...

So little time!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Maybe we should go together and list fur normal DOH's - what do woo think?

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

Mango we quite enjoyed your mommas movie...it was most funny!

Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & BOBO

Raymond and Busby said...

Mango, we don't blame you for muttering HBO words when your Mom wakes you up from your slumbers to go pee. Jeez!

Her therapy movie was super boring and obviously the person using the butter knife thinks your Mom is a cracker human for shooting a video of the whole thing.

Dexter definitely seems to enjoy day care a bit too much. He's such a suck up!

Glad your Mom is feeling a bit better, have a great weekend!

Jazzi said...

BOY Mango, it is ruff being YOU huh?? and the things you have to put up with. Yah gotta keep an eye out on Pee Wee and who he hangin with. Hope the elbow feels better but.... Butter?? seriously!!! BOL

wags
Jazzi

Sue said...

Gee Mango, you might as well come live with us. Our Mom actually gets up at 4 every morning so we can run out to pee and then have our breakfast. Then we al go back to sleep before the humans have their breakfast and we get our toast.
Morgan, Tsar and the Porties

Kari in WeHo said...

Thats some funny stuff they do to your mom!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Marjie said...

Are there strange machine-type goings on at your Estate?

Drools,
Thor

Martine said...

Mango,

Should your mom be videoing while she is driving the mastiff-mobile? Isn't that almost as dangerous as texting & driving?!?!?!?!?!

Hope the el'bow gets better and that you get some more time with your momma!

xo

Mimi and CC Cabana said...

So is the tennis elbow really from playing tennis? Or is it from walking the canines on leash? Or from throwing tennis balls to be fetched? Even with the ChuckIt, I can't throw more than a few balls, or my elbow pays for it the next day.

The Army of Four said...

Oh wow! Our mom had to do that corn husk thing when ... um ... someone broke her finger. NO NAMES!!! We just thought that was a Kansas thing! Some waxy thing, too. Bizarre.
Hope your mom feels better soon!
Tail wags,
Storms

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

We are very happy to hear that the Momma is getting some good help for her tennis ball elbow. Too bad about the getting left at home.

Sheesh, we wish our Momster would get up to make us go out in the middle of the night - that's when the best critters are out there. C'mon, Mango - just think of all the goodies out there.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Cassie said...

Sure wish Hootie would go just once a night. Seems as soon as I (finally) get to sleep he's whining next to my ear to let him out again. This,at least twice after I get to sleep. BabyRD goes on command prior to my shutting off the light, but not Hootie. I used to cut off his water after 7pm,but now he throws his water dish around if I don't give him any.Or jumps in the bathtub and tap dances. I'm his slave. :>(

Cassie said...

ABout your mama's therapy. Let us know if it does any good. Our daddy has that elbow thingy and just lives with it(& a neoprene band). Read about Scruffy cleaning up for your mom. He's such a good doobee!!
Smooches from pooches,
BabyRocketDog and Hootie

Maggie and Mitch said...

We hope your momma's elbow is better after all of that butter they spread on it!
We have an Airedale bobblehead in my Maggiemobile too!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

omg!! I have tennis elbow too! And I have NO idea what I did to cause this!!! Any advice or pointers is deeply appreciated!!!!

Lola said...

You do have trials and tribulations, Mango. I don't go to daycare either, unless Daddy is daycare. I guess he might be. But the being waked up to pee..that's just a shame. On the other paw, I get waked up to go up to bed, so I guess it's kind of the same thing.

I'm trying to catch up with everyone too, but i just keep getting behinder and behinder.

lotsa licks, Lola

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hmm...I am going to take all of Scruffy's tennis balls and drop each one down the hill on the driveway and watch them roll into the gutter. He actually filled my new Lacie/Purple Mango Cave up with EXCRETEMENT? And it so stinks. I used your momma's plastic thing to call a hasmet unit to fumigate....honestly, Mango...how much do you guys eat?

Yeesch...

Oh...I got Mumsie up at 0300 last night to pee and then Stan had to go out and she wasn't happy...I feel your pain.

Kisses,

Beast

Sam said...

So sorry your Momma's El'bow is out of whack. I hope the OT corn husks and knives and stuff help her out!

TOBY PUPPY in SA said...

Hey there Mango buddie
Please would you tell your Mom that I got to read your post to Maxmom!
How do you do it, Mango Man?
You make my Maxmom laugh so much, she has to read your words to "The Boss"...who also lets out his chuckles.
I wanna be like you!...I promise not to be a PeeWee/Asta-type!
Sending respectful puppy licks from your new, little friend,

TOBY PUPPY IN SOUTH AFRICA

TOBY PUPPY in SA said...

PS Mango Man...
With all the laughter, I forgots to tell you...to tell your Mumsie to get better!
I have good, healing puppy-licks available to make her better too!
"Maxmom?...What's a butter knife?"
Lotsalicks
TOBY PUPPY

ocmist said...

Grammy had that "Tennis Elbow" thing a couple of years ago and she hasn't picked up a Tennis Racket in over 40 years, she says. It was miserable, but she used some kind of tight band on her forearm that helped.

Mango, I TOTALLY know what you are talking about because Grammy makes ME go out to go potty so that I don't wake her up to early, too! OC

El'bow and Hauwii said...

that was scary
putting some butter-thing on me!!!!

Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

Gracie =^o.o^= said...

Never thought about putting butter on an arm before? Your mommie better watch out when Thanksgiving nears, she might be tasty.
I am sorry that the boxer put his head in your mouth and now you are out of day care. How rude of him. I bet he got to stay. There is no justice sometimes in this world. Poor baby. Will you find another day care. Keep away from the boxer doggies if you do.

Lacy said...

w00fs, me sure hopes your mama's el'bow gits better soon...mama says thats a ouchieeee pain...

b safe,
~rocky

Tucker said...

Did your Momma get tennis elbow from throwing the stupid tennis ball for Dexter? Maybe she should just play with Mango instead.

woof -Tucker

chicamom85 said...

Mango, Mommy is very sorry to read of your Mommies elbow thing, I on the other hand have no sympathy at all. I mean really, making you get up from a sound sleep, how dare she?? You poor poor puppy dog. I would not have put up with it and someone would have suffered my wrath. Get some rest now my pal and sweet dreams.

licks and sniffs,Sasha