Saturday, February 19, 2011

Double Date with Corbin



My buddy, Corbin, is hosting a contest wherein which he challenged his pals to show him a good time and the best entry will win fabulous prizes!

Prizes! I am so there.


I thought, what better time for a couple of handsome dudes such as ourselves than a romantic double date right here in beautiful Boston Master Chew Sits.

Corbin chose the lovely Miss Maggie to be his date. Now we all know that I, Mango, had lots of gals to choose from, but I wanted to select one of my less, er, how shall we say, crazy girlfriends.

With that criteria, I issued an invitation to the lovely Miss Kylie and was pleased as could be when she accepted.

Computer literate chap that I am, I quickly googled Romantic Restaurants in Boston and came up with this exotic destination right in Charlie Town.









Let me tell you, that place sure lived up to its reputation.

Comfy couches for lounging on whilst enjoying fabulous raw meaty bones and chugging Sam Adams Boston brew. I believe everybody was feeling quite satisfied.







I even provided for entertainments.

Oh dear, it seems the ladies are less than pleased. No worries. This date is all about Corbin and he is having a GREAT time. Oh yeah!












Friends, I know what you are thinking, "That Mango is so amazing. The ladies are most pleased to be out with him. Nothing could go wrong now."

Sadly, you would be incorrect...

Loyal readers know that I, Mango, have but one character flaw. That, dear fans, is my propensity to put boxer dog heads in my large and needing to chew on something mouth.

I know, I know, it is a compulsion which is not attractive, but I cannot help myself.

Thus, finding myself seated in such relentless proximity to the charming, yet still a boxer, Maggie Mae, well, I HAD TO DO IT!



















Immediately upon which we were asked to remove ourselves from the premises.

Time for plan B!

Now for reasons which had heretofore been a mystery to me, typing Boston Romantic Spots into your google reader will almost always pop up the New England Aquarium. The way I figured, either it was a genuine destination or those aquarium guys are most clever about keyword searches.

Either way, it was worth a shot and damn if it didn't produce the desire result.






I had even arranged for a swim in the giant fish tank. I know how much you ladies like communing with other species.






Ruh roh. Well, this certainly made me feel vindicated to realize that I was not the only one with a boxer head obsession. However, I was alarmed to discover that the sight of the hapless Maggie once again beheaded by a relentlessly huge beast was not scoring me any points with Miss Kylie.















Who knew Corbin was so brave? Corbin to the rescue!

Or perhaps the groper fish just didn't like the taste of boxer.






Whatever, the Mango is nothing if not opportunistic and both Miss Maggie and Miss Kylie were softened by Corbin's act of heroism as well as the rush of adrenalines coincidental with near death experiences.

Make haste to our final destination before the glow wears off!






There you go, Corbin. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. Participants in this great adventure were, Corbin, Miss Maggie, and Miss Kylie. With special totally hot guest appearance by Tula Monstah.

40 comments:

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

What a killah night out on the townah -

Woo so live the pawesome life in Master Chew Sits -

I'm surprised there wasn't a visit to one of the froggah ponds!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: How khomes Da Monstah gets to be the huzzy?

tula said...

Hey Mango,

Kinduv jelly ovah here. All I got to see was the trail behind the estate.. no fish tanks, no fine dining.

Although i'm soo smokin' hot that my boobies are fried eggs..yikes!

Guess i have to accept that there's a whole alotta mango to go around!

TM

AFSocksScylla said...

What a cool adventure. I will have to remember that chewing on girls heads is not the way to their hearts. ~Fenris

giantspeckledchihuahua said...

Mango, you are so clever! Everything you did made Corbin look like the star, downplaying your charms!

The backlash from the female admirers you didn't bring could result in HUGE consequences!

Happy, Waggin' Tails, FUREVER!
Stumpy and me

Frankie Furter said...

OH Mango MAN... That is the most fantastic night on the town I have ever seen!!! It was a WINNER fur sure!!!!

Sunny,Scooter, Bentley George (sometimes Jamie) said...

Wow, you sure know how to go out on the town Mango! Well mostly, kinda sorta!
Glad Maggie went home with her head still intact!!

Priscilla said...

My mom said I'm a little girl and it's too early to know those romantic places and things like 'dates'. Arent these 'dates' mean
those number 'dates'?
Sigh!!! I wanna grow up!!!!
~ Eva

Erika and Blair,xoxo said...

Wow that sounds like so much fun, I am a little worried about miss maggie mae. Perhaps she needs a towel to wipe off all your slobbers, you should really go in for therapy about this boxer thing you know.

rottrover said...

I'm sure glad that I don't have a boxer-head!

-Ruby

Wild Dingo said...

Now i know why you hired the DOH as your Personal Trainer... and have been jogging... so you can look svelt for the (insert Barry White voice) "ladies."

Rudy - The dog with a blog said...

OMD, this seems like a whole lot of fun - I bet Corbin enjoyed it!

twobarkingdogs said...

First, let me say, that Clover is very jealous, and promises to show you a good time in DC if you ever decide to leave the frozen North.

And, I think Mango needs to write a book someday. Or, at least a comic strip or something!

Have a great weekend.

Wyatt said...

That was a night to remember! Corbin got to snorkle in a fish tank and rescue his damsel in distress..BOW WOW!

Wyatt

Channon said...

Can't imagine Corbin will have a better time! The fur-girls weren't allowed to read this post though... Gretchen's still just a teenager!

the booker man said...

now that's what i call a date!!
i think i need to research this boxers taste like chicken thingie, though. heehee.

*woof*
the booker man

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Whoa, now THAT was a superb adventure for Corbin, not sure any other pup can top that one, Mango. The hit of the night had to be that special guest appearance. The only thing missing was a date for Tula Girl.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

The Boston Lady said...

Mango you just ooze romance, don't ya?

Pepsi the Lazy Bum said...

Wow, what an adventure fur Corbin! Did you guys bring the big ugly fish back home fur dinner after Corbin was done with it?

Woofs,
Pepsi

Oskar said...

It looks like a great time! Your DOH is very talented at putting these things together.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

In your dreams big boy, you know you don't leave tne estate!
Just sayim
Nordude

Amber DaWeenie said...

Ahhhh....I don't tink dat Maggie will ever goes out with you again. I tink she likes her head...just where it is.

Carol from Down Under said...

Why Mango, tall, dark and romantic too! You are a catch for sure. Looks like a good time was had by all. Take care big dude. No worries, love Carol.

Marjie said...

And I noticed that you even wore your genuine Flemish Slabber to the restaurant for neatness, just to prove the gentleman you are!

Drools,
thor

Maggie and Mitch said...

We hope poor Maggie Mae doesn't have a superduper migraine, Mango!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Benny and Lily said...

You totally won this won Mango!! Hilarious
Benny & Lily

Maggie Mae said...

Mango,

Mom has FINALLY stopped laughin' now so her can helps me wif my comment. :) What fun I had wif Corbin, you and Miss Kylie. I never knew dat us boxers taste like chicken! Mom said I wuz Mangoed!
You are da best!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Corbin said...

Dude... there are no words. Noooooo words. This was AWESOME!
-Corbin

Lorenza said...

I knew Corbin loved it!
That sure was pawesome!
Hmmm... I am not so sure about Maggie Mae! I think you gave her a hard time!
Happy Saturday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

Opinion is divided in our household. Jed thinks you put together the perfect guy evening. Abby, who is part Boxer, thinks that [1] there were also ladies present and [2] Maggie Mae [isn't she underaged for alcohol, BTW?] needs a good personal injury lawyer.

Corbin did himself a solid. Guess the proof in Mango's pudding will be whether Miss Kylie ever agrees to a second date.

Jed & Abby

Mack said...

Does Maggie have some liver on her ear or something??!
I am so cravin a SA right now.
Sugars,
Mack

Heather and Pumpkin said...

I know I am not in the least bit crazy so you must be talking about someone else!

xoxo
Pumpkin

Asta said...

Mango
Except fow you lapse in mannews(eating mis Maggie Mae's head???????????sheeesh)
It looked like you gave Cowbin a most wondewful time.
You awe a gent
smoochie kisses
ASTA

The Thuglets said...

Mango..you are the MAN!

Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

ocmist said...

You definitely know how to throw a good time, don't you Mr. Mango. We are growing into adult doggies now and enjoy learning manners and how to have fun from you! Thanks for the tips! The CCC Youth

3 doxies said...

OH poor Maggie Mae! I didn't knows her tasted likes chicken.
I is laughin' too hard at Tula nad Corbin's eyeball bulgin' out...hehehehe!

Puddles

Tucker said...

oh no poor maggie mae. You can't eat her mango!

woof - Tucker

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Sheesch...

That's all I'm gonna say...

Well, no it's not.

I so could have gone on this DATE. I would have looked lovely in my bikini...

You so would NOT try to bite my head off...

Sheesch...

Beast

I Am HoneyBuzz said...

Holy land sharks Batman! Those waters were not safe for proper ladies. Come to think of it, neither was the date! BOL.

road-dog-tales said...

Well, this adventure had a bit of everything - violence, romance, dinner and dancing! Oh, yeah, and an aquarium. What romantic interlude is complete without a fish tank? Excellent!

The Road Dogs

Those Elgin Pugs said...

me is super late to 'da pawty.. dis super funny!!

me woke up Josie wits me hu hu'in'
so loud..

Laters twinner,
Anakin Man