Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Gated Community and Still Dancing!


Check out this card that Miss Asta sent me! Now that's dog dancing! I also got pressies from little Mini-Me, Anakin Man and Jed and Abby in Merryland. Thanks, guys, that cheered me up for sure.


Momma has not been helping me with my dance routine. She says that my current coordination issues would lend themselves only to some sort of Martha Graham interpretive dance for which her sitting about like a lazy slug person is not designed. Sigh.

So she assigned me to study the boring choreography that she wrote down and practice in my head. What the heck does practice in my head mean? Like I could fit my large and not compressible self into my own head and how would I do that anyway and then would my head totally explode from all the dancing and.... ouch! My brains!

Well, I have been listening to my music over and over and over and making notes for the DOH.

Ever try to work an iPod with Relentlessly Huge feet? Not easy.




When she wasn't looking I worked on perfecting what I think will be a stunning move.

Oh yeah, I am totally feeling the music now for sure.






In other news, momma made exactly seven trips to the upstairs of the barn to bring down the chairs for my observation deck. I find the arrangement somewhat unsuited for the human seating.

Apparently this is intended to let me enjoy sun baking with no worries of dropping off the edge should my hind quarters fail me. OK, I'll go with it if it means I can enjoy my outside time again.





Hey! You know what else? I went for a walkie yesterday for the first time all week. I didn't really want to go to far. Amazing how bumpy and lumpy and uneven those streets can be when one is uncertain of one's footing.

So I opted to give Master's flower beds a good inspection. Don't tell Master, but I even watered one of his plants. Shhhh. I'm not telling which one. Hehehe.




Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. Guess what, my Uncle just got named to be chief bicycle dude out in the wild west of California. You know what else? Apparently he is some big wig because he co-founded Merlin Metal Works and kind of invented the titanium framed mountain bike. Yuh, like he even got honored at the Smithsonian. I thought that was just for dead people. Who knew? Momma says it is too funny that an aging hippy who started his career as an Aerosmith Roadie is now a government employee. But I say good for him! You can read about it here.

Here's an older article about him. I love this quote; "I still ride my same old steel bike I built umpteen years ago (I am tempted be like Tom Ritchey and contend it was constructed prenatal). At this point I care far more that I can get out and ride rather than having a frigging nerdfest over frame materials. The worst frame material is the one that creates a need to purchase a SUV and never take the bike off the rack."

22 comments:

Reilly / Bree said...

There is nothing better then a good roll on the grass - you looked like you were really enjoying yourself. It is good to see the big guy out enjoying the world again

Elyse and Riley said...

We love that quote from your uncle! He sounds like a funny guy!

We're so glad you're getting to do your sunbathing again! We hope you continue to feel better!

Elyse and Riley

Berts Blog said...

Wow, you are already out walking too. Your movin up the "Get Well" steps pretty fast.

I love your new dance move to. I think I may know that one myself.

Bert

giantspeckledchihuahua said...

I bet the master's gardens are much improved after your TLC!

I wonder if my cousin and brother know your uncle. They, too, were roadies for Aerosmith (and many others) back in the day. Does Zonkaraz ring a bell?

Mack said...

I never realized how long your leggsies were!
Your unkie sounds like a swell dude!

Minna Krebs said...

My momma is cracking ups at da 'gated community' when her saw da foto !!

That looks like da kinda fence my momma would 'build'!

bbes tribe said...

Wow that is a fancy exercise pen or gated community. At least you can get some sun. Love the pic of you on rolling on the grass groovin' to the music in your head. Keep on gettin' better please...
Love ya Mango!!
Ernie,Sasha,Chica,Lucas

Heather and Pumpkin said...

Oh Mango, I would be glad to use my tiny paws to help you with your iPawd.

xoxo
Pumpkin

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Congrats to your Uncle. That is a pretty cool job.

Yep, that new fangled fence design on the deck is something the Momster would dream up too. She has done things like that inside when she wanted to block the babies off from the no-no zones.

Hope your legs start cooperating and coordinating too.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

K9 Katastrophie said...

Hi Mango, gee whiz I sure am sorry to hear about your leg confusion. Hope you are feeling better! As for the dance routine I bet you could win if you just sat and stared at the camera. You handsome face could melt any heart. Congrats to your uncle!

Licks,
Ruthie

Sue said...

It sounds like things are getting better, sunbathing and grass rolling will make any dog feel like a pup again.
Morgan, Tsar and the Porties

Kari in WeHo said...

How nice of your mom to do that for you so you can sunbathe again!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Amber DaWeenie said...

Gated Community..BWHahahahahahahah

And I'm sure your Dad appreciated you watering his flowers for him.

rottrover said...

WOWZERS!! What a beautiful card from Miss Asta! Talk about your Mango Tango!! Lookin' good.

We very much like your dance move and are very impressed by your willingness to listen to your music and make your stuffy practice dance moves.

And very cool news about your Uncle Gary!!

Keep feelin' better,

-Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

Anakin Man said...

Hey Big Me's!

'dat Asta has a pair of leggies on her-

Yous fence is very HGTV worthy!!

Momma tinks 'dat is super cool 'bout yous Uncle-
Momma is a big bicycle nerd-

Me is super glad yous feeling better and Momma says she wants to give you big big huggies (whatever)
she's got me?
hu hu's

Laters,
yous Twinner,
Anakin Man

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

I love your DOH's seating arrangement... very inventive!!! She's just trying to keep her Mango safe!

I know which planted you watered... it's the prettiest one!

I hope you'll be dancing again real soon Mango... I love your new move!

Tessa the Maltese said...

Hey Mango Man!

I highly suggest that you incorportate your grass rolling in the dance routine! BOL

I just know that you will be back to your young sickie free self real soon!

woo woos, Tessa

Corbin said...

My dad tries to "fence" off the kitchen like that when he's cleaning the floor... But I just knock into it until I find a way through...
-Corbin

Marjie said...

Momma did a good job creating a railing around your back deck. She totally needed to protect you for sure!

Drools,
Thor

Lexi and Jasper the Danes said...

Loving your stunning move Mango :)

Licks and lots of slobber,
Lexi and Jasper the Danes

Oskar said...

From what I can see you have this contest in the bag!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Wild Dingo said...

dude, i love your uncle. i have a titanium dean mtb that i just ADORE and would love to ride more if my brain wasn't crazy, if you know what i mean...

ti is a great material because it's strong, and lighter than steel and works nicely for a hard tail mtb which i prefer over dual. and i never ride aluminum. yucko. too stiff and very unconfortable. that's why most dual suspension are made from aluminum. it's light but stiff and then the suspension takes the stiffness away. but i hate the dual so i like the hard tail, so it's ti for me! your uncle rocks. i'm just sayin.

i like your new move. if the doh doesn't let you put it in, i say you do it anyway during live performance... for sure!