Friday, May 27, 2011

Sarge's Peeps on Parade



My buddy, Sarge, asked us dog bloggers to do a special postie about our peeps this weekend and you can play too... just read his postie about it.



First My Master.

Despite there being no sign of ME in this photo, I LOVE it because Master looks so happy. Even though he started doing the constructions back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and every nail had to be driven by hand, it is still his most favorite thing to do. He says creating beautiful spaces never gets old (you can visit his current project here).





I think Master and I look like twins, don't you?




I love it when we can spend quality guy time together (ignore idiot mutant labradork puppy, that's my nephew, Oliver, with his mom).





Momma said I needed to post a photo of Master with the Pea. Well, this is my favorite because once again it shows that we are of like mind. We both wanted to get away from that annoying little monster.




Master is a most accomplished gardner and designed and cares for all our flower beds. He also loves his fruit trees and last year took over the making of the applesauce and jam and they all turned out quite tasty.


OK, now my momma...

This is me and momma going on the ROTE (that would be Running of the Errands) which is an activity that I love because it typically involves car cookies! Nommy!






Momma with idiot PeeWee. He is always such a suck up at school.




This is one of my most favorite pictures with my momma. It was taken on the day when all the crazy dog blog moms came to my estate to meet ME! Yuh, though it makes me kind of sad because I no longer possess the coordination and athleticism required to execute this particular dance move.





When momma goes to the work place she is something called an engineer which doesn't mean that she drives a train, but, rather, that she hangs out with socially inept, sartorially challenged uber geeks such as herself all day.

Momma's only real hobby is, well, ME (OK and PeeWee too). She just loves us to pieces.

Now I will tell you why it is super good to have two humans....

  1. Momma is a big meanie who never ever gives us treats of cookies or anything except from our bowls or when we are doing the trainings. But Master is a total push over for the sad face and can be relied upon to provide pizza bones or gum drops or, best of all, plates to clean up. Nom.
  2. Master, on the other hand, does not appreciate a doggie's desire for a comfy spot to rest and doesn't want doggie beds where he can see them or doggies on furnitures or anything, but momma is always putting a pillow for my large and not wanting to lay on the floor self in the living room and she bought a machine washable couch cover so Pea could snooze on the couch where there is no danger that he will accidentally touch me during his slumbers.
And one more thing... The Mango is totally the cutest dog ever for sure. Right?



Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. I have a human brother and a human sister too, you know, but they are all grown up and don't reside at the estate.

I love it when they visit. This is my human sissy, Liz. Please excuse my less than stellar appearance as it was holiday time and I was a bit drunk from the festivities. My sissy graduated from the University of Master Chew Sits and runs some sort of big honking training facility for a big company where they do catering and training and sleepovers and stuff. She is an excellent cook for sure.



And my brother, Jake, who is what you call a Jolly Man Elect Twist Can which comes in handy when we need the electricals attended to around the estate. He likes to go on forced marches, er, I mean long hikes and whatnot so I suppose it is just as well that his doggie is a labradork rather than a proper dog such as myself.





28 comments:

Reilly / Bree said...

What a pawsome post - we forget sometimes that there are peeps in the background of our lives and it is so cool to learn about yours. We will be joining in this too. Pawsome photo's too!

El'bow and Hauwii said...

WOOOOOW you do look like you master!!

we gonna do a post like that about Sanne!!

Happy sunny Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

Maggie Mae said...

Great post Mango! :)

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Frankie Furter said...

Mango... you and Mr. Master DO look exactly like TWINS!! I know all about his grrrreat cooker skills, he and I did make a HONKIN GRRRREAT pot of Bone Soup together... butt I didn't get any of that applesauce or jellyness stuffs.
Your mom does do that ROTE thingy JUST for YOUR entertainment, for sure.
Hey you have a Cute Sister and a very much Handy Brother!! Lucky GUY you are!!

DianeTaylor said...

Hi Mango - I love your peeps and learning all about them! I don't have a blog but I can tell you a little bit about my peeps. My master Dave is also a builder - there isn't ANYTHING he can't build or fix. He is a "superintendent" so he does alot of supervising these days. But at home - he loves to make things nice again. My other human Diane works all day inside a stuffy office (hmm, does not sound like much fun, does it?). She says she is a "gubment" employee - whatever that is. She definitely works too hard. Some days I hardly see her:( I have a human brother Jonathan, who is 24 and lives kind of far away so I don't get to see him very much. He was the first one to hold me when I was picked out to come live with my family - so we have a very special bond. When I hear his name, I get very excited and start doing zoomies all around the house.

Those are my peeps - have a great day!!!!

Sarge said...

Hey Mango!
Wow, you P.O.P. post is just super! You peeps are really interesting. Master has cool hobbies and your mom does a great job with those school classes she has you and Dexterdude in. They obviously take great care of both of you. I really liked getting to learn about your hu-pack. Didn't know you have a bro and sis too!! Thanks for pawticipating and I've got your name in the big drawing!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Priscilla said...

Interesting!!! Your peeps are special people who love every bit of you and the little one at home.
You and your master look like the best pals in the world too! And yes, you're the cutest at home too!!!

Sue said...

Yeah, Mango, we think you resemble your Dad's side of the family. Glad he's there to give you treats so you don't pass out from hunger between meals.
Morgan, Tsar and the Porties

Berts Blog said...

Gosh Mango, First let me say that yes "The Mango Man is the Cutest Dog Ever" and second, thanks for telling us about your family. My Vickie and I really like hearing about families.

Families are great.

Oh and I love the drunkin Christmas Pic.

have a great weekend with your family

The Bertster (Sometimes I call myself that when I know I am gonna have a good day......)

dogsmom said...

Mango, it was fun to read all about your peeps, mainly cuz there were pictures of you all along the way. You did an excellent job.

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

You've got some great peeps there, Mango!

Happy, Waggin' Tails, FUREVER!
Stumpy and me

Heather and Pumpkin said...

Dear Mango,

I love seeing the pictures of your family. You sure look like your Master.

But what I really want to know more about is PIZZA BONES!

xoxo
Pumpkin

Channon said...

Really enjoyed this post, so I suppose that means I should return the favor. We'll see. I don't have a current photo of me, but maybe I can get one before the weekend is over?

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Great post, Mango. We have always felt like we know your whole family, but we learned even more today. Thanks for sharing.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Corbin said...

It's great learning about your family, Mango!
-Corbin

Bouncing Bertie said...

Mango, it sounds like you have a fine set-up there, with some truly splendid peeps.
You know, saw this 'Peeps on Parade' thing and asked Gail if she would like to take part. And you know what she said? "Well Bertie, I think I give away quite enough about myself already, when helping you with your blog...."
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Kari in WeHo said...

That post reminded me we haven't heard from Oliver in a while!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

rottrover said...

Mango! You did quite a bit investigative reporting here. Do you work for 60 Minutes? Thanks for telling us more about your Peeps. You and Pea are totally lucky to get to live on the Estate with them. We hope you show us some pictures of Master's gardens sometime soon. Have a funballs weekend. We're off to look at your dancing videos!!

-Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

Oskar said...

I loved meeting all of your peeps even Oliver the labradork!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Asta said...

Mango
We awe lucky enuff to have ack shooly met youw Mom and Dad and can say they awe tewwific!!!!!I loved geting to know all youw peeps on pawade. Natuwally, I agwee that you awe the abwsolute bestest of the bunch
smoochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess HAving seen youw Mom in pawson, I think she is NOT those things that you say about ineptness stuffs..we love hew

Marjie said...

So how did I miss three posts??? THat stooopid Momma, fussing about the cadillacs in the Great Red Protector's eye and whatnot. You have some nice humans there, no doubt!

Drools,
Thor

Carol from Down Under said...

Hi Mango, nothing like a family that loves you, for sure. Take care big dude. No worries, love Carol.

Erika and Blair,xoxo said...

hmm it sounds like I ought to get myself a master cuase my Mom doesn't hand out treats very often. Perhaps I will post an ad for a master?

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

What a fine family you have Mango! If I had known what an engineer really did when I went to college...that's what I would be now!

Maggie and Mitch said...

Excellent post, Mango! You and your dad do look like twinsies!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Honey the Great Dane said...

Great post, Mango - and hee! hee! - you know I LOVE that picture of you & the Master with 'lookalike' faces!! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
ps. yay! I can comment again!

Michelle said...

It's so nice to meet the family! You are a lucky large boy to have so many people that love you.

road-dog-tales said...

So cool to meet other members of your family. We kinda thought it was just you and Dex (and sometimes that woman that dances with you :)

The Road Dogs