Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dogs with Blogs is Back!



Something really wonderful happened recently for sure. The original, the one and only Dogs With Blogs web site returned! That's right! DWB is back and better than ever!

What is DWB you ask? Just about the bestest web site ever for us dogs to get together and have total funballs is all.

Let me tell you a story...

A long long time ago in the year 2007 I was surfing the internets, looking for some mentals stimulation. As I was wont to do, I put Airedale Terrier in my google search given how I kind of missed my Grandpa Angus sometimes and one day I found a link to this.

That's right, it was an actual blog written by an actual dog. And not just any dog, but Bogart Handsome Devil himself!


Jackpot! I couldn't wait to read his new posts and see what he was up to. And you know what else? I found out that he had lots of pals. Yuh, lots of other cool awesome doggies who were writing their thoughts too.

"I want in!" Says I.

As luck would have it, Master gave Momma her digitals flashy for Christmas that very year and along with Bogart's help I started my very own blog. Look! Here is my first entry ever!


Back then, momma was kind of blogger challenged and my photos were tiny. Huh? Check it out. In my youthful days almost no grey furs on my snooter.




I didn't get many comments. Nope. But I kept plugging away and sure enough, other doggies found me. Like Maggie and Mitch! Hey! Are they eating macaronis? I want some!




And they told me about this awesome web site called Dogs with Blogs where all sorts of blogging canines could meet up and share adventures and have contests and holiday card exchanges and even let their humans communicate with each other.

Well, you can bet I joined spit spot and before I knew it I was meeting all sorts of wonderful doggies from all over the entire world for sure!

And momma even made pals with some doggie humans. A bunch of them came to my estate to admire my large and handsome self. Well, who wouldn't?


That's not all. Because DWB had lots of fun contests each and every month. Yuh. PeeWee and I won Awesome Photo of the Month for this exciting bitey face action shot!



And Hector Wheelie won Awesome Post of the Month for when he went to work with Momma!

And in 2009 I got the highest honor possible, the prestigious Awesome Blog award. That was like one of the biggest thrills of my large and lasting over six years life because it was voted on by other doggies with blogs and they chose ME!

DWB was started by Ping and Benson's humans. They started it in honor of their wonderful labradog, Charlie.



After he crossed over the Rainbow Bridge, his sissy, Miss Opy

kept it running, but when she passed over the bridge their hearts were breaking so much that they could not keep DWB going and it was so sad for all of us.

But now Ping and Benson are in charge and DWB is back. It is totally like better than FB or Twitter or sometimes even blogging itself because everything is there forever for sure.

When you visit DWB, click on the PayPal button in the left hand margin and send a dollar or two, OK? Because it does cost some bags of cash for those guys to have the hosting and bandwidths and other digitals stuff required to bring you DWB.


Hey! Check out my large and sporting a few grey furs self! Handsome, eh?






Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. My big foot is NOT an aerobic infection which does not surprise me in the least given that the only aerobics I do is head butting idiot Pea out of the way when he thinks he can get snuggles from Momma. But we still don't know what it is. I am going back to vet lady on Sunday for further consult.

32 comments:

Gus said...

We haven't gotten to the new DWB site yet, but we are gonna go now that the power is back on! We gotta help the muzzer get through the Back Log (wherever that is) and then we will be POWERED up and ready to go.

great story Mango Man

gussie

Penny and Patches said...

We already joined the new DWB! Even though we don't post as much as we used to, we still want to belong to this pawsome organization! It's amazing to have made friends all over the world!

Thank you for your post about Penny!...and your kind words! Somehow, it helps to know that other peeps and pups care!

Aire-hugs,
Patches & Lana

monica said...

Grey is the new black!!

Jake of Florida said...

Great reminder of all the ways that DWB has helped us guys without opposable thumbs communicate! And how through us our clueless humans have actually been able to find some friends!!!

We rejoined last week and hope our mom gets the message that we need to blog more!

Let us know about your leg!!

Wirey woofs,

Jake and Just Harry

SissySees said...

Thanks for sharing that DWB with us! Hope the vet can figure out what's up with that paw, Mango.

Sewmouse said...

Hello, Mango

The 2-legged slave says that when I go to the bridge, she is going to get a dog. Such insolence! Just for that, I believe I shall try for the Guiness book of records for oldest known housecat.

While your puppy self was, indeed cute, those grey furs on the snooter make you look distinguished and handsome. The slave says "huggable looking" too.

Kili. the cat.

rottrover said...

Wow, Mango, thanks for the tip about DWB. We found all of you just as it was fading away. We've read some of the history and are looking forward to more involvement!

Butt, more importantly, what's up with the paw, dude??

-Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

Sue said...

We'll have Mom go check it out. Maybe you can grow your other foot to match the big one.
Morgan, Tsar and the Porties

pat said...

Ha-woo, great news from your Majestic self! we'll send mom over to sign us up. We were members before but didn't pawticiapte too much. We'll bug mom more this time.

jack & moo

PS - thanks fur visiting our blog a bunch, we promise to drop by here more often too!

Cyber-sibes said...

Ahem... c'mon mom, get the right account!
Sorry bout that, Mango dude.

~jack & moo

Benny and Lily said...

Yippee we are a member too!
Benny & Lily

Lois Lane/Laney said...

Yay! I didn't know they were back!

Marjie said...

Aerobic infection? Mastiffs don't do aerobics. Too undignified.

Tessa the Maltese said...

Oh yea! I just re-joined DWB yesterday! I sure is happy that they is ALL back!

Hope that you foots gets back to normal real quick.

I sure hope that your up for the Pawm!

woos, Tessa

Molly, Taffy, Monty and Winnie said...

We think its absolutely fabulous DWB is back. Mango you look very distinguished with your grey furs.

STELLA from Down Under said...

Hi Uncle Mango, I read about DWB with Miss Asta too and didn't know much about it at all. Mum has to go visit and join me up for sure. It sounds fab. Its always terrific to meet new friends all over the world. P.S. Your grey whiskers remind me of my dad when he doesn't shave hehehe. Puppy hugs to you big fella. No worries, and love, Stella

KB said...

Hey Mango!

I want to make sure that they've xrayed your paw. Your situation is starting to sound a lot like K's last Sept - Jan. She lost a toe to the anaerobic infection. That's why an xray is important - to look for a bone infection (that's what K had).

OK, now that the serious stuff is out of the way, thanks for telling me about DWBs. I guess that we don't qualify since I (a human) write the blog posts but it still looks like tons of fun!

Aren't we all going gray?

Reilly / Bree said...

We are already signed up again on the New DWB's

Maggie and Mitch said...

DWB is the best! You can come to our house for onies any time you want to, Mango. This time of the year, we get fresh tomato sauce! yummmmm

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Dewey Dewster said...

Gee DWB is back....we didn't even know it was gone....don't think we ever belonged but now we had Gram sign us up....

Hope yer leg is OK....

Dewey Dewster here....

Holly and Khady said...

We love our DWB community and are so glad the Benson and Ping's mom and dad decided to get it going again. We found all our wonderful friends so long ago because of their desire to unite us doggies! They deserve a huge all paws up!

Holly 7 Khady

Huskee and Hershey said...

We've signed up for DWB's new site (our mom needed some yelping before she finally got down to it). So glad to have this lovely community and even gladder for all the friends we have made.

Hope your paw gets better soon.. ((hugs))

Pippa said...

We signed up too a while ago, so looking forward to lots more fun on there again.

I hope your paw gets better soonest, thanks for your comments about my paw and glookys stuffs - I don't think there are nommy ones available here though :(

Dory and the Mama said...

Oh Mango...We are starting to think you have a crush on that vet lady for sure!! We hope she can get to the bottom (or foot maybe) of the problem!

We just LOVE DWB and are so glad that they are back up and running!!! What an awesome blog about them!!


Smileys!
Dory, Jakey & Bilbo

Dino and Family said...

Thanks so much for the alert Mango!!! I missed DWB!!! That is the best news ever! Have a wonderful weekend!
Love, Dino

Heather and Pumpkin said...

That's great news Mango!

xoxo
Pumpkin

Chris said...

Mango you are truly a handsome dog, grey muzzle and all. I will be sure to check DWB.
Thank you for stopping by FAbric, Food and Fido with well wishes for Lily. It is really appreciated.
Chris

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Oh man Mango, I sure hope they fix your foot and fast!!! I'll be sure to check out that DWB site!!! Sounds cool!

The Thuglets said...

Simply the best news in ages that DWB is back! We have already rejoined. yippeeeeeeeee

So sorry to hear you have a problem with the big foot. Hope it's soon all better.

Take care and have agood weekend.

Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Darling...frankly, I think you look DIS TING SQUISHED with those gray furs in your muzzle...

BUT...

I do have some new products available for purchase from ME of course...

Just For Man-go is a new fur product that gradually reduces the gray in your muzzle section so that no DOG really notices that you are DYE-ING your furs...it just looks extremely natural. Of course I modeled it after my luxurious red and grizzled self...I hope you like the color. I've charged it to your account.

Kisses,

Beast

And yes, we will go sign up!! So no aerobic IN FEK SHUN in your footie...let us know what the vettie says..how many days had you NO POWER??

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

Dude
I remember coming across your bloggie for the first time. I was like that beast exist in masterchewsitts? and why does he talk like a valley girl? and is that why the earth shakes over here in the wild west of 495? Actually Archie and Agatha were my mentors- leading me to many pals in DWB land. Go figure- crackahs.
norwood

ps sad about ms penny

Fiona, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

We are so excited that DWB is back online! We didn't find out about the until after they had gone on vacation, but it sounded super cool, so we were all excited to join up! BTW, I think you were one of the first doggie bloggies we found - and that was what convinced me to persuade Mom to turn what had been her bloggie over to me! Keep us posted on Big Foot!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus