Friday, November 4, 2011

A New Foster House and a Fun Contest


Please spare a moment to visit my friends at the Op Pack. Their Momster fell down and broke her arm most horribly. Ouch!


Some of you might be saying to yourselves, "Hey, Mango, I am not seeing much of your witticisms in my commenting area lately, what gives?"

I will tell you what gives.

Momma and Master bought another foster house. Yup, here we go again. And for reasons which are unclear, even though near as I can tell all Momma does is wander over there to take the odd photo, having Master all working on the foster house causes her to suffer from the busy brain something fierce and she is all like, "Oh, Mango, I just want to watch a movie tonight."

What I think we need around here is an iPad thingie so that she can read blogs from her comfy chair.

But I digress...

Here is a photo of our new foster house. If you want to see more you can visit the blog here.



Pea and I have been playing tennis ball IN THE DARK! Not conducive to action movies, but most satisfying. I have even been doing my athletics in the dark (and given that momma has not done poop patrol all week this is an exercise in careful foot placement, let me tell you).

So since there are no new photos or movies, I want to take this opportunity to tell you about a way cool awesome contest that not one, but TWO of my friends are running.

Seems that this book came out recently...

Can you guess what it is about? Yup. Apparently the humans are willing to pay dollars to look at all those photos you wish they had deleted from the digitals.

And if you enter the contest you could win your very own copy of the book. Yuh.

Now, I, Mango, thought that I would be unable to enter as there are certainly NO awkward or unflattering photos of myself, but I was WRONG!

Because just look at this abomination that momma dug up.






And it gets worse!

WTF? What happened to my lips?








So if you want to play along, you can do it by visiting Miss Coco Bean here.
Or Miss Bunny here.
Or be like the Mango and enter twice.

Have at it! I hear we are going to have the beautiful weathers this weekend. I sure hope so. Here's wishing for total funballs all weekend long.

Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. It appears that unbeknownst to my large and not into taking chances self, momma recklessly placed a bet on the recent Patriots football game which they totally lost and now Pea and I are supposed squire none other than THE BEAST on a "date." Oh the horror. At least Agatha and Archie participated in the gambling so they are going to have to go along too. Any thoughts on how best to manage said adventure with the least amount of indignity to my large and handsome self would be most appreciated.

27 comments:

Gus said...

Mango Man! I suggest you and the Pea and A&A pack up and head south to Richmond. That would be less of a disaster than squiring Miss Lacie Bo Beastie on "a date."

gussie

Declan said...

Mango you have SUCH a hard life! How could Mom be so cruel as to put those pictures of you for EVERYONE to see? They are really funny though. Hehehe!!! Deccy x

jen said...

LOL~ what DID happen to your lips in that picture!

Congrats to mom on picking up another foster home! Good Luck!

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Eye boogers are always awkward and those lips of yours...

good luck on your date!

Happy, Waggin' Tails, FUREVER!
Stumpy and me

pam said...

Mommy laughed out loud at your lips picture, woman has no couf.

And we are wondering why yer wearing a shoe on yer head?

Bobo and Meja

houndstooth said...

I'm so glad you entered our contest! We've only had two entries so far, so I'd say you have a good chance of winning, and the funny part is that you're the first one I thought of when we saw the book!

A date with The Beast? Oh Mango! Perhaps you and Dex might slip out there on one of those landmines in the yard and both wind up in traction...

Bunny

Marjie said...

Best of luck with the new foster house, guys. I hope Momma and Master don't ignore you too much. Have a funballs weekend.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Mango, Hope your Master gets finished super quick with that foster house so he and your Mom can give you the proper attention you deserve.

Two French Bulldogs said...

do you have botox in your lips?
Benny & Lily

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Hi Uncle Mango, I can't see what the heck is wrong with any of your photos. Eye slobber, large and endearing lips (all the more to slobber on you). No, nothing unusual here. As for the dating thingy, I haven't got a clue. Stellie says go somewhere you can have lots to eat. Then if you get a bit 'windy' the date won't last long. No worries, and love, Rory and Stella

Asta said...

Mango
Congwatulations to youw pawents on theiw new fostew house..since you and youw family awe having so much lucks wif this house stuff, could you pleez cwosss youw mawvelously lawge and elegant paws fow us so that we can get that apawtment that someone took fwom undew ouw nose in Budapest?
Mango, you think you have it bad wif that bet? Accowding to Lacie's wules, she got all my bootiful shoes no mattew who wan..It's the stwangest wule I evew heawd of and so not faiw
smoochie kisses
ASTA

mayziegal said...

Oh, that is such a nice little foster house. I can't wait to see what it looks like after they nurse it back to health!

That is one Most Impressive eye goober you had in that picture, Mango. And gosh...I dunno what happened to your lips but I suspects being upside down and gravity had something to do with it. It made my mom laugh out loud which she should NOT do cuz I have seen some Most Unflattering pictures of her, for sure!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Bocci said...

We're wondering about your lips, too!

KB said...

Those photos of you should have been in the book, Mango. They are awesome!!! I.e., awesomely sized boogers and lips!

Dory and the Mama said...

Oh Mango....a foster house, a date AND those pictures for the world to see??? You've had it rough this week buddy!!


Smileys!
Dory, Jakey and Bilbo

Fiona, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Yeah, what IS up with your lips?!? Um, and it sounds like your Mom has a gambling problem... I mean, betting you two on the outcome of a football game?!? Oy!

As for the new foster house? We think your Mom goes along with the whole foster house thing so she can oogle half-nekkid guys. Just saying...

You guys enjoy your lovely weather - we'll enjoy ours - it's snowing as we speak, much to out great excitement!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

Dewey Dewster said...

Gee Mango....guess we need ta research this foster home business....as fer the nice weather...hope ya get ta enjoy it cause it is sure not goin' ta last much longer...

Yeah, Gram had a dream one noght that the Pgh. Steelers beat the New England Patriots...can ya imagine? The Steelers never beat the Patriots....but guess what ? They beat 'em on Sunday....wow...what a surprise that was....sorry about losin' the bet....

Dewey Dewster here....

Sugar the Golden Retriever said...

Woof! Woof! On your new foster home.OH My MANGO, you got something in your eye. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

The Thuglets said...

Good luck with the new foster housie!

Why is it the hoomans pride them selves on photos that always embarrass us? All the same Mango they are great shots esp the lip look one!

Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

tula said...

hey mango don't let your momma go rummaging around too much fur awkward photos.. before ya know it, woo'll have your own book! ewww. and ewwwwwww!

so will this be Nordude's estate?!

scratchies,
tula

Priscilla said...

I bet you're already the winner of the awkward picture contest!!

My mum has tried very hard to look for an awkward picture of me but failed. I'm a PRINCESS, do you remember?

By the way, what happened to your lips????????????
~ Eva

Tessa the Maltese said...

Those are lips??? They are like the size of me?

Hope this foster house goes well.

Not nice to be ignored!

Hang in there BIG Buddy, it can only get better when your at the bottom!

woos, Tessa

Alastairanson said...

Hen houses are after a agnosticism a aces endeavor. If you body them they not alone charge to be able to sustain your chickens, they aswell charge to attending good.

Knit

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Gee Mango, I couldn't tell in the picture of you with Momma, if that was the back of your head or the front of your face.

Pippa said...

Nooooo! You have just let Misery find even yet another blog to distract her self. :( I don't know why she keeps looking for more person blogs

Oh I mentioned you in my blog - I was trying to eat you (in my dreams of course)

ArtemisiaFSS said...

Go to see a movie. It is dark so no one can see you and you can eats popcorn and stuffs. ~Fenris

A Wonderful Dogs Life said...

Ewww what is that crawling toward your eye. Yikes!

Hahahahaha! those lips are silly.

Emma