Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dexter the Wonder Dog - The Boar Index


I want to join blogland in sending special thoughts to beautiful K today.
She is quite a special gal and an inspiration to us all.


And now, the Wonder Dog himself...









Ever wonder what the boar index is? Well wonder no more, because, I, Dexter, have once again set my superior intellect to work on determining the meaning of yet another peculiar human expression.


Here is what I have learned.

First of all, once again, the internet was no help at all as searches for boar index resulted in images of rather shocking looking creatures along with discussions of the stock market but no hits with the actual phrase put to use.

Dear readers, boar index is a formulation of the noun adjective which has become a mainstay of modern human speech (at least around my house). Ever heard the expression "that is da bomb?" Wherein "bomb" is both a noun and an adjective. Curious, isn't it?

Boar index refers to the delight of investigating the wonderful smells that enrich each and every one of my walkies. I believe it is an attempt on momma's part to convey that while her limited nasal passages cannot begin to imagine what it is like to be able to determine the passage of dogs, cats, squirrels, and other beasts, she at least appreciates the pleasure I take in said activity.

To whit, as in this photo which was accompanied by her exclamation of "This is boar index!"




When I am focused for extended periods of time, her joyful remarks become even more impassioned and often have added modifiers.


As here where she was almost shouting "THIS IS TOTALLY BOAR INDEX!"







Oops, actually this is a Lerting picture (see this post to learn more about that word).






I will confide in you that momma's moods are quite unpredictable and when I am engrossed in a particularly good smell, and most often when my back is turned thusly, she will give me a tug on my leash and announce "ENOUGH!"







How sad for the humans to live such limited lives that they would deny their best friends the opportunity to fully investigate the bounty of the earth.

Now, for those of you still unclear on the boar index, I give you this very brief video in which I have captured momma actually speaking (albeit in a somewhat flattened tone) the words "This is boar index."







Got it?

Dexter done!

32 comments:

H and Flo said...

I don't believe that there's any such thing as a boar index.

Gus said...

Hmm...we have never heard of it, but we know it well. When something rates particularly high on our boar index, me and gussie roll in it

teka toy

Erika, Blair and crew said...

Wow your Momma certainly needs her own urban dictionary for all the strange words she uses!

Casey said...

I love that I get to learn so many new things from you, Dexter! Thank you.

Amber DaWeenie said...

BWHahahahahahahaha

Oh, Dexter!

SissySees said...

Interesting. At our house, it seems to be the dammitsissyleaveit index.

Tank said...

Dexter - you seriously need your own blog all to yourself. Your witticisms are da bomb.

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

BOL, Dex. You made a funny. You sure made us all giggle.

K and KB are going to be so surprised today. As K would tell us, embrace the day and live strong.

Happy Valentine’s Day to you!

Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Bassetmomma said...

Boar index? Too funny! Our hearts are with KB and K today too! Happy Valentine's Day!

The Thuglets said...

Happy Valentines Day Dexter!You made us laugh again.
Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

That's so funny because Mabel has been wondering what the Boar inmay is!

Koobuss said...

Thanks for the lesson, Dexter. That was very enlightening. Humans miss so much. They really don't get it.

Loved the video. : )


Love and Lots of Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Two French Bulldogs said...

Happee Valentine's Day
Benny & Lily

Mitch and angel Maggie said...

Taking your time sniffing is the best part of every walk!
Happy Valentine's Day, Dexter and Mango!

Love ya lots,
Mitch

Sammie and Avalon said...

HATE it when Mom tugs on the leashes claiming boar index. Her scenticles are totally stuffied. Happy Valentine's Day!
xo
Sammie and Avalon

chicamom85 said...

Happy Valentines Day Dexter. Your Mom obviously has a very strange idea of what is fun. What is better than a good sniffing session, getting caught up on the neighborhood. I bet shes a boar plenty sheeesh.

loveys Sasha

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Hi Dex, your mum is funny. We wondered if she ever says "this is boar inmango" while out walking with your brother. We think not hehehe. Happy Valentines Day to you Dexter and to Uncle Mango. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Marjie said...

You probably simply don't quite understand completely the Master Chew Sits accent, which Momma exhibits so very well. She probably is indicating her jealousy at being unable to smell all the wonderful things on the Boar Index. You'd be just delighted in my yard, what with the deer, squirrels, a fox, a groundhog, and whatnot. The Boar Index here must be outstanding!

Tessa the Maltese said...

Got it!

A Fury Happy Valentine's Day!

woos, Tessa

Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

Interesting. We don't have a boar index at our house, but we have a 'bore injed' and a 'comeon abbey'. Don't know where the last one comes from; believe us, our house is nothing like Downton Abbey. And how about the assault on our ears with how high the humans have to have the TV and the radio? How do they survive, with such limited senses of smell and hearing?

Jed & Abby

Sarge said...

Hey Dexter!
Wow, this is not a term I've ever heard! Humanspeak is weird fur sure. I think you're doing a perfect job with the sniffles on your walkie. Sometimes my peeps hit me with "comeonletsgo" which I don't think is English at all.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Gracie =^o.o^= said...

We have a boring index at our house at times. Sending Valentine's wishes and love to you and your family!

Shane Kent Louis said...

Happy Valentines Day Dexter! Enjoy your day!




It's all About Pet Fences | Dog Fence

Sally Ann and Andy said...

Dexter,
You need your own blog. You have many insights, and your intellicutal pursuits deserve to be addressed. You seem to think quite a bit, and you could interview other labra - doggies. Well, just an idea.
Sally Ann

houndstooth said...

BOL! Dexter, you need to pen your own dictionary!

Bunny

BODIE said...

Hi Dexter, thats so right. And when the boar index is at its highest level, I just gotta rolllllll.....

MJ's doghouse said...

why do moms get to tell us when we have had Enough...as if...I will let you knwo when I have had enough...

Sophie Brador said...

Darling Dexter,
I haven't visited you in a hundred and a half years, but I think of your handsome labbie face every day.

xo
SB

Moose Dog said...

Curious... Down where I live I think that would be pronounced Boar n' Moose- talk about odd beasts! I too get momma's annoyed voice yelling Enough! throughout MY walkies. She changes it up sometimes to Leave it! (as if!). I am shopping for a no pull harness for momma because all that pulling is annoying!

KB said...

Thanks so much for lending your support to our K. It means a lot to us.

If you ever got snow, your mom would be able to see what it is that you're sniffing. I love that - I can see the tracks or the pee or whatever it is that my Labs are engrossed in. So, I'm not boared anymore!

Poor Dexter... maybe you need to come live with us!

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

I wonder if R would love a DexterBoar?

Thanks fur pawticipating in the special day fur K and KB!

We are still trying to make the rounds - failing miserably but MY DOH turns off the laptop when she leaves - plus, there is some kind of pawsword protekhtion thingie -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Furry Bottoms said...

*giggles* that was definitely a new twist (new to me) of the term "Wonder Dog"!

My Freddy hates it when the leash gets tugged too. He will stand there, rooted to the spot and strain against it. Buddy behaves well and can 75% of the time be trusted without a leash.