Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Memories - The Baby Mango



Before I start my post for today, here are some important announcements from around blogland!

Hey! Guess what? Maxmom's way cool awesome book all about her life with MaxDog is now available to order online right here in the U.S.! You know it!


Click here to find out how to order and also how to enter a contest to win your own autographed copy.

You know what else? Remember Chrome who won first place Adventure Animal at Mango Minster 2012? Well, for his third birthday, he got all fancied up and his momma went for a ride on his back for the first time ever and it was totally way cool awesome! Let's here it for Chrome! You can see all the action here.

Miss Lily is home recuperating from really serious emergency back surgery.

Finally, my friend, Molly, who is the sissy of Most Cracker Critter winner Taffy, is having surgery today and could use your good thoughts. Visit her here.




Momma FINALLY got her photo scanner working again so I immediately asked her to scan in some pictures of, well, ME! 

But first check, out this photo of Grandpa Angus when he was a baby! Wow! He was tiny just like Miss Molly.



Can you believe that's my momma? No grey furs on her. Imagine. Hey! For all you nerds in the audience, go ahead and bigify. The photo in the background is a watchercall particle accelerator. Nerd art! Ish! 



Lookit! Here is Grandpa Angus and Baby Beautiful Raja. I never knew Beautiful Raja was that tiny! Even smaller than an Airedale.





But enough of that, because I know that you come here to see pictures of me. Go ahead, admit it, you just can't get enough of The Mango.


So here I am in all my puppy glory learning how to prune shrubberies right through the fence (something I practice to this day).






Momma sometimes tries to convince me that Raja didn't always like me very much. I know she is wrong. How could she not like such a handsome little dude. Damn! I can hardly stand looking at my own cuteness.






Can you believe that this used to be all we had for sun baking (as opposed to the observation deck that I have now). No worries, plenty of room for two. Grandpa Angus preferred to retreat to his hole in the ground during warm weather. Different strokes I suppose.






Obviously my exceptional handsomeness was clear from day one. Oh indeed.





Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. Just to complete the set, momma asked me to post this photo of little Pi (whom I never met) with Grandpa Angus. She says that Grandpa Angus was totally in love with Pi just like I loved my Beautiful Raja and that he was sad when she had to cross over the bridge before him. 




33 comments:

Jeanne Pursell said...

Love, love, love these pictures!!! Isn't it fun to reminisce??? You go Mango Man!!! You are a handsome dude!!

By the way, send me your address, I think I have figured out a way to add you separately to my blog posts...so that you can comment...at least I will give it another try!!

xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

IRIS E DONA said...

How handsome you were Mango ! (and so cute !! :) )
But to me you look more handsome now - you are the perfect gentleman (can I say "gentledog" ??)
Kisses
Iris

Mitch and Molly said...

There is just too much cuteness in your post today, Mango! Your momma looks like she's about 13 years old posing with adorable Grandpa Angus.

Love ya lots
Mitch and Molly

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Howdy Uncle DammitMango, hey mum wants to know, if we doggies are so much joy and fun, how come the mums and dads age so darn much with each one??? Our mum still has coloured hair, just depends which colour she chooses from the shop hehehe. And yes, Uncle Mango, we can't get enough of you. You're too darn relentlessly cute! No worries, and love, Stellie Bellie and Ror Ha

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Love the baby pictures of the Mango! Made Mommy go squeeee! Mommy says you can help her prune as many bushes as you want in our yard! Pruning the bushes between the fence sounds like heaven! She has been battling weeds between the fence all weekend!!! :)

Gus said...

"You must've been a beautiful baby, 'cause baby, look at you now."

thank you for sharing puppy Mango pix.

gussie n teka

3 doxies said...

Even as a puppy you was still bigger than me. And then you grew up tobe freakishly huuuuge...but in a good way.
Raja and Angus was absolutely beautifuls. I am so glad you gots your mom to scan and show us these fotos.

Puddles

Reilly / Denny Cowspotdogs said...

REALLY DUDE ! You were a baby once?????? I thought you popped out all big and dude like right from the beginning!

Sam and Pippen said...

Dude! How could you have been so little? That's just the size of us now!

Sam and Pippen

MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA said...

There's a whole bunch of cuteness in your family records. Dare I say you were the cutest, Mango?
In South Africa, if something is small, you add on 'tjie' (pronounces 'ki' in Afrikaans), so I say...
You were a darned cute 'Mango-tjie', lol!
Lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA
ps. Great thanks for the shout-out!

SissySees said...

Loved the looks back, especially of Pi.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Seeing the pics of Baby Raja and Mango reminds me of a sweet story I heard. I friend of mine took her very large lab to a pet psychic. And one of the things the psychic told her was that the dog really missed her friend "the dog that shrunk" --- it took a while to figure this out. Finally they realized that they had always spent a lot of time with a cousin who had a nice mid-size pup when my friend got her lab puppy. As the lab grew and grew, of course it seems to the lab that the other dog shrunk. That dog had crossed the bridge a few weeks before the session.

Jake of Florida said...

Today was a good day for an extra dose of cuteness!!!

Wirey woofs,

Jake and Just Harry

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Thanks fur making My DOH wonder how freakin' khute I was once upon a time!

Of khourse, this post was KHUTENESS IN ABUNDANCE!!

From The Khanine Pups to The Younger DOH - maybe she was more like a DOC then ;-)

Hugz&Khysses,
Miss Fluffy Tail

The Heartbeats said...

Whoa dude! You were a cute little dude for sure. But then we grew up to be manly dudes right?

Wiggles,
calhoun

rottrover said...

Oh Mango!! All the puppy pictures! Even your momma was a puppy! Miss Raja had the biggest paws effur :-) Butt that last photo of you in your beautiful black mask... relentlessly handsome fur sure.

-Bart and Ruby

Bouncing Bertie said...

Wow. So many beautiful photos of such handsome pups. We really don't know where to begin when singing your praises! But I must say, in this household, we are particularly fond of the one of Angus, your Momma and the particle accelerator. That is way cool.
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Mimi and CC Cabana said...

Love seeing the baby photos of Mango and of the Mango Momma! Let's see some more.

sp said...

those are some great puppy pictures. and way to go on the nerd art mango momma! i was visiting a friend in switzerland and i took a little detour from the airport in geneva to go visit CERN. i wasn't able to get the official tour but was able to checkout their 2 exhibits and i saw the very first webserver! ha.

Sally Ann and Andy said...

Granpa Angus is very handsome man dog. Wowie You are very handsome also.
Sally Ann

Dory and the Mama said...

OMD Mango...you were the cutest little puppy EVER!!! We just love all the pictures of your furr-cestors.

Smileys!
Dory

Lorenza said...

Thanks for sharing all those pictures that sure brought you and your mom the best memories!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

garthriley said...

You are right, we can't get enough of you Mango!!! We can't believe you were ever that little!

chicamom85 said...

Mango, I admit it I can't get enough of you. I love all the pictures. Grandpa Angus was so handsome and Raja was too beautiful for words. I am sure she adored you.

Thanks for all the info about bloggy pals. I have visited everyone except Taffy so we will head there next. Do you know Mona the weenies Momma? She is having some bad health sickies right now and needs our love also. I don't why I ask if you know her cause I am sure The Mango knows everydog.

Loveys Freckle Belly

houndstooth said...

Holy smokes! Our cousin Drake bears an uncanny resemblance to your baby self! I thought he was looking more Labradorish with brindle furs, but he sure looks a lot like you as a young pup. Just wow! It was fun taking this little stroll down memory lane with you!

Bunny

Ina in Alaska said...

Sweet memories. I know you will reunite with those precious pups at the Bridge one day.

Mango was (& is) handsome!!!

The Life of Riley said...

Thanks for the photo tour! Mum and I enjoyed it.

Woofs,
Riley

Daisy Dog said...

Baby Mango SQUEEEEE!!!

Oskar said...

So much Squee-ing from the mom person. I need to remember to pull out puppy pictures when I need to butter her up!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Faith Shen said...

I really enjoy viewing those pictures of mango :D


Dog Shock Collar | Puppy & Human Bond

Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

What a wonderful stroll down Memory Lane. Thank you for allowing us to come with you. It's always a pleasure to see baby Mango pictures, and pictures of the gorgeous Raja [who clearly loved you SO MUCH] and grandpa Angus, too.

Interesting art work. Not what we have on our walls, but to each her own.

Jed & Abby

The Thuglets said...

Mango we so enjoyed your trip down memory lane! such precious special memories and lovely photos.
Were you really that small!
Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

achieve1dream said...

Aww, Chrome says thanks for the mention! He really appreciates it. :D

Mango you were so totally handsome and adorable as a puppy (and now too hehe)!! Great photos!! It was great seeing the members of your family that have passed on. They are all beautiful. I'm glad she got the scanner working. :D