Monday, June 18, 2012

An Apology, a Pea Update, and an Award

Apology

Where are all the pithy comments from The Mango of late? Sadly, momma has been very trigger happy on the mark all as read button. 'nuff said.

Pea Update

Pea is still on restricted activity and he is driving me buggy! He is not supposed to bounce or run for 87 weeks! But he is feeling pretty frisky and will go back to swim club on Saturday. 

An Award

Check it out! I got this way cool awesome award from my brand new pal, Reuben! Thanks, buddy.


As a recipient of the award, I, Mango, am supposed to answer some questions for you (and momma insists I let idiot Pea answer as well. Whatever). By the way, momma decided to color code our words. Frankly, it makes me a bit dizzy.

Question #1 What is your favorite number?

Mango - What is a number?

Dexter - Mango, you are a fool.


Question #2 What is your favorite beverage?

Mango - Pool water!

This drinking bowl ain't big enough for both of us.


Dexter - I love that nommy kibble slush water in my foodable bowl (momma always adds water to my kibbles because she worries I will dehydrate what with refusing to drink from any water bowl containing slobbers).



Question #3 Facebook or Twitter?

Mango - Facebook! For real. The Mango is not fond of limiting his words.

Dexter - Given that we have but one computer and I am (for reasons that are unclear) fourth in line behind Momma, Master, and the RH, well, there is not much opportunity for yours truly to indulge in either.
Is it my turn yet? Please?




Question #4 What is your passion?

Mango - All those hot gal dogs! Oh yeah! You know it!

Oh Tula! How can you resist The Mango?




Dexter - My tennis balls (which are currently in lock down, boo hoo)

I likely won't see my tennis balls until it snows again if the Evil Witch has her way.

Question #5 What is your favorite pattern?

Mango - Towel



Dexter - I'm going to take a bye on this one. I am just not keen about outfits of any sort. 


Question #6 What is your favorite day of the week?

Mango - I like Sunday the best! Because I get my super nommy bone and momma is home from the work place and it so totally like all about ME.




Dexter - Saturday! Because I get to go to school on Saturday!


An old photo from pre DL times

Question #7 What is your favorite flower?

Mango - I like the flower that is used to make pizza! Nommy, nom, nom, nom.

Dexter - I am always delighted to see the flowers on our fruit trees because it means that there will be lots of nice fresh fruit right at Dexter level in just a few weeks.


Why is the RH in this photo? I thought it was MY turn.

Phew! That was super hard. Now, are you ready? I am supposed to pass this award to 10 friends! Well, that sounds like a lot, right? So I am just going to pass it along to less because that's the way that ball rolls, OK?

Iris is all fluffy and beautiful and she writes in funny words that the Mango does not understand but she also writes in normal words, so it's all good.

How can you not like these two? They are big and slobbery and goofy, just like ME!

You know what? I still am not sure how many of them there are.

Who is my newest pal and happens to be running a contest into which I, Mango, have entered and my selection of him for an award should in no way be construed as trying to curry favor or totally make him choose MY entry because it should stand on its own merits and the Mango is all about the best dog winning and all that crap.

So Iris, Sherman & Leroy, Water Dogs, and Dusty, pick up the award, play the game, pass it along.


Mango Man! Oh yeah!




33 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

I must say that you boys did your usual... Magnificent Job of answering the hard questions.
I truly do miss your compelling comments and words of wisdom, butt I certainly DO understand the Lack of Computer time...
Pawhaps you two should ask fur your OWN YapStop computer from Santa Paws. THAT is what I did and it is grrrrreat. Now "SHE" uses Dino the Dino and I use my very much OWN YapStop... butt I had to do a LOT of Yappin to convince Santa Paws that I (Frankie Furter) had a REAL NEED fur it. I'm just sayin.

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Very clever and creative answers, Mango and Dexter. Congrats on your award. Hope you both have lots of sunshine in your lives:)

Woos- Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Oh this is dire -

OH SO SERIOUS -

Ummmmm -

Mango - woo better seek a witness protekhtion program or something like that

It won't be pretty when your BIG BUM'ED PASSION FLOWER finds out she didn't make the list -

Just sayin'

Hugz&Khysses&Khongrats,
KhyraKhakes

Faith Shen said...

Congratulations mango for your award! keep up the good work.

Dog Shock Collar | Puppy Bond

jen said...

Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for thinking of us! Awesome!
I love that Dexter knows that the fruits are ready when they are at Mango's level!

I was just reading up on Dexter;s injury, glad to hear that he is in the clear for Lyme's! Hope the medication is working and the 24th comes fast!

garthriley said...

Congratulations on the award! Mango, you and Pea always make us laugh!

Sorry Pea will be on restricted activity for 87 weeks, but glad he gets to do swimming. Restricted activity is difficult - especially for the moms.

your pal,
Garth

Sue said...

Thanks Mango. Our lazy Mom didn't look at the computer until too late to read or write much, but we'll make her get going earlier tomorrow.
Morgan and the Porties

Wyatt said...

Great answers, guys! I'm going to have to get me one of those pizza flowers!

Wyatt

Two French Bulldogs said...

we should lock Pea and Lily together. She is on restriction for another month
Benny & Lily

harrispen said...

I love learning more about you boys. Your answers to those questions were very insightful. Don't worry about the commenting. I have been a bit slack lately too.

Cindy

chicamom85 said...

Thank you for sharing that, I feel like I know you better each day.

Dexter, My Mommy has been slacking off and I just now got caught up on your medicals. I am sorry that you are having problems and I hope you are back to your running around playing and bitey face self very soon. I watched your swimming film 3 times, Mommy even stopped to make popcorn, it was epic my pal. You are so brave and a good example to dogdom and I am glad that you can keep up with your swimming lessons. I also saw the picture for Dustys contest and if you could see me I am bowing to you. It can't be beat in my humble opinion. The grace, the juxtaposing, well I can't even talk.

Loveys Sasha

scotsmad said...

Enjoyed your answers. Haven't you been banned from school,Dexter? Looks pretty active.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & roxy

Mr Koda MD said...

87 weeks is a looooong time for one pup! Especially a pup with labrabrains!

Mango - good to see you are still at your best with some very intellectually challenging phrases in your post!

Good tidings kind sirs!

Koda

Au and Target said...

You two crack us up - we love your answers! ANd good luck with that judge, Mango!

Molly, Taffy, Monty and Winnie said...

Congratulaions on receiving your award. We loved the photos accompanying your answers.

Molly, Taffy, Monty and Winnie

Mitch and Molly said...

You are right about the pizza flower, Mango. We forgot about that one!
Congratulations on your Sunshine Award.

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

IRIS E DONA said...

Hi Mango
Thank you for the award ! I feel so much important :):)!!
I'm going to put Mom working in my blog (she is sooooo lazy...) !
I loved to read your answers, you two are so funny !
Kisses
Iris

Tom, Tama-Chan, Sei-Chan, Bibi-Chan, Gen-Chan, Vidock said...

Most illuminating answers, Boys!

Woofs,
Tommy

Keith Andrea said...

Hi Mango and Dexter, congratulations on your awards., and great answers...lol

Dog Fence
Pet Solutions.com

Mr. Pip said...

I am with you on the pizza flower! That's the best kind of all!

Your pal, Pip

Homer said...

You guys (and your mom) have a great sense of humour. :-)

I hope you'll feel better soon, Dexter.

Love,
Homer

Reilly / Denny Cowspotdogs said...

Pawsome job on answering the questions and it is always good to know what is happening in mango/dexter world

Casey said...

They use flowers to make pizza?? Okay, this means I need to step up my quest to get a taste of pizza. Momma never lets me have any, even though I bark and bark and bark at the delivery guy to make sure he gives it to us.

KB said...

Hey Mango, a study just showed that bears can count... And *you* are asking "What is a number?". I'm with Dexter on this one.

Asta said...

Mango and Dextew,
congwatoolations on yoow awawd!!!!

I too am a vicktim of lackoftimenessfowbloggies, it is cwool and howwid to keep us fwom ouw fwiends, but hoomans aways have theiw pwie owities totally wong

I hope Dextew that you can stand it till the weekend and funswimmie time..you need to west thatfootie!!!

Mango, I had no idea that flowews wewe used in Pizza's but it willl cewtainly be my favowite flowew fwom now on too
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Amber DaWeenie said...

I loved hearin more bout you guys....and especially your favorite flowers. Yup...pizza and fruits is good!

The Army of Four said...

Great job answering the questions, you guys.
We understand totally about the "mark all as read" thing. We've had to do a bit of that lately ourselves. Because of Mom.
Play bows,
Zimmerz

Fiona, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Yeah, we too, miss the pithy Mango comments, but we totally understand - our Mom has been quite the slacker on the bloggie thing. She even took an extra day off work, but did she help us visit our bloggie friends? No. She and Dad went and 'hit golf balls' - which, I might add, they both said they did 'badly'. Their time would have been much better spend in bloggie activities. BTW, when we read your answer to the question about your passion, we first read it as 'hot dog gals' - as in the gals handing out hotdogs, and we were both like, "Totally!!!" Ah well. Heehee.

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

Berts Blog said...

Dude, you are so deserving of this award, however, I just want you to know that you have competition on the contest Dusty is running, and I have every confidence that your feeble attempt to sway him your way, will in no way affect my incredibley one sided chance to win it myself.

Dude, your so cool....

Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

Yikes! Mama neglects our blog reading for stupid 'family' stuff [this weekend, a 50th wedding anniversary celebration] and all kinds of stuff happens in Blogville. Pea, we're so sorry for your injury and hope you're feeling better. RH, we cannot believe you don't know numbers! How do you make sure Pea doesn't get more treats than you if you can't count?!

Jed & Abby

Keisha said...

O hai. Congratulations on ur awardie. U very interesting! :)

Marjie said...

I believe my boys also like Pizza Flower the best. Great answer, dudes.

A mastiff breeder here told me about a one year old Mastiff Dude named Meatball that you guys might want to meet:

http://how2raiseperfecthumans.com/

A Wonderful Dogs Life said...

Mango your wit made me almost roll right off my couch laughing. Poor Pea maybe Santa Paws will bring him his own iPad or something.

Emma