Monday, June 4, 2012

Corbin's Pitty Post Day - Special Guest Blogger


That's right! Today is Corbin's extra special Pitty Post Day! Oh yeah!
For today's post, momma asked one of the nerds at work if his little pitty, Odin, would like to do a special guest post and he said yes! Awesome!

By the way, Momma and Pea actually got to meet Odin live and in person. Sadly, Momma says that Odin and I might not hit it off so I can only visit him via the interwebs. Whatever.

Take it away, Odin!






Hey Guys! It’s Odin here making a guest post on Mango’s blog for Pitty day! I live just down the street from Mango- what are the odds that two studly guys like us living in such close proximity?


 I wanted to tell you a bit about myself. Dad says I am a super smart dog because I learn a lot of tricks. Sometimes, when it’s raining, dad teaches me to do new things.

At first I thought it was stupid. I mean, it is somewhat demoralizing.

Then, I started to realize that when I did my tricks for the ladies, they would LOVE it. They would coo over me and give me kisses and stuff. Sometimes, I wonder if I am being exploited.







You guys want to see my most favorite toy ever? It’s a squeaky chicken! Dad doesn’t give them to me too often because he said they are annoying or something.


I think he’s annoying sometimes. 


He took this movie of me playing and whenever I hear it, I go crazy looking for my chicken. That reminds me, I need to remind dad that I’m overdue for a new one. 





My favorite game to play is catch. Dad will throw the ball and I will fly through the air and grab it before it hits the ground. He’s always trying to throw it faster than I can run, but he hasn’t figured out that I’m like the wind!

You can see how happy I am when we are playing catch.




Dad tried to confuse me and brought two balls to the park once. Well, I showed him. 





After I scooped both of them up, I kept running around like a crazy dog so dad couldn’t get them back. Stupid human. He thought he could outsmart me.  After we finish playing, I always need to take a little break on the way home. I love to stretch out in the nice grass and roll around. Dad took this picture of me after we played for like 5 hours.
I would have kept going, but dad said it was time to go home. I think he was just tired.


He loves to take the fun out of everything. 








Aside from playing, my other favorite activity is meditating, just like the Mango! You can see I have a few different meditating positions: 




 Sunny meditations: 










Winter time meditations in my favorite fleece blanket: 












And last but not least, my yoga meditiations: 











Dad hates when I do yoga, because he says I hog the couch. Sheesh. There are two couches so he COULD just go sit on the other one. I mean, I’m a pretty laid back guy, I just really need some play time, food, cuddle time, treats, a few walks and maybe some belly rubs every day. 


Is that really a lot to ask for? 




 Well, that’s it for me. I’m overdue for my morning nap. That’s the one where I take the blankets off the couch, bunch them up into a little ball and then use them for a pillow. Every day, dad comes home and messes them up and spreads them out, and then, I have to fix them again. Sheesh. You see what I have to deal with? It’s tough being me sometimes. 
















Son of a…..Dad loves that picture.





27 comments:

chicamom85 said...

Hi Odin, its very nice to meet you and might I say what a handsome fellow you are. I am glad that Mango and Dexter let you tell your story on their blog today. You are one hawt Pitty!!

Loveys Sasha

Niamh said...

Your friend Odin is quite a cutie and he looks like he would be a lot of fun to play with.

Your friends,
Niamh & Ambrose

garthriley said...

Hi Odin,

I LOVE your post! I've gotta' get a t-shirt like yours!

I too have learned that doing what the humans call "tricks" for some reason really impresses the ladies.

Sounds like you have to put up with a lot with your human. Why do they always insist on messing up covers and pillows when we get them just right?

Great to meet you! And thanks to Mango for letting you do a guest post!!!

Your new pal,
Garth

Sammie and Avalon said...

Hi Odin! Love your post - very cool of the Mango to have you guest post today! Pawsome pic of you with those two Tenny balls and even tho we are girls we enjoy doing tricks too - would like to see you perform tho! The white blaze on your chest is sure purty - we hope you get your own bloggeh soon!
xxxx
Sammie and Avalon

Gus said...

Odin: It was very nice to meet you. I hope you get your own blog to tell us all of your adventures. Let the MangoMama know so that she can tell all of us.

RH and da Pea...thank you for sharing your special friend.

gussie n teka

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Oh yes

That is SO an annoying toy!

Nice to meet woo Odin

I hope Mango and The Labradork have warned woo about THE BUTTSIE - I mean BEASTIE

She will be shrieking - I mean khalling woo fur a date soon!

Mom has transported khwite a few Pibbles and KNOWS how pawesome woo are!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sam and Pippen said...

Dude! Great guest postie showing everyone that pittys are just like any other dawg! We ALL have crazy humans to deal with!

Sam and Pippen

Priscilla said...

Your friend Odin is such a cutie and he has a best shirt with him!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Hi ODIN... NICE to MEET YOU... Any furend of Mango and Dexter is a furend of MINE.

You did a FANGtastical job of gettin the point across. Pittie BULLS are just like EVERY OTHER DAWG.

A+ job !!!

SissySees said...

I wish I had photos of our pittie friends and neighbors, but we'll be blogging just the same. I was shocked when I learned of the breed's reputation; all that I have known personally are just the biggest love-muffins!!

Casey said...

It's so nice to meet you, Odin! I have a good furiend named Odin, so I'm sure we'll be best buddies. You definitely look like you know how to have fun!

Fiona, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Hi Odin! Great name, BTW! We have one those chickens, too. I think. Mom 'removed it' one day - something about it being annoying. Why do these humans give us things and then take them away when we're having fun? (Even if that fun happens to be at 3am?!?) Our humans are the same way with the couch. If they want more space, they should get another couch. Or sit on the floor or something. Gotta say, between you and the RH, we're not sure how all the girl dogs in your neighborhood control themselves!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

rottrover said...

Hi Odin! Nice to meet you. You are a furry handsome fellow. We bet you and Pea have funtimes chasing the tennis ball together. Hope to see you again sometime!

-Bart and Ruby

Sue said...

Two tennis balls? That's pretty good. Our Bentley used to be able to carry four shoes at once. He'd stack them , then scoop them up. Pretty funny stuff.
Morgan and the Porties

Sarge said...

Hey Odin!
Wow, it's so pawesome to meet you! You are definitely a chick magnet and I can tell you are a perfect pit bull ambassadog. Love that double tennis ball pix! Great lip action there. BOL.
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Pitty Wanna Be

Corbin said...

Oh wow! This is just so great! So nice of you to let Odin take over the blog to tell how awesome he is at being an awesome pitty! A handsome one too! Fetch is one of my favorite pass times too. Thanks for joining in the fun!
-Corbin

Mitch and Molly said...

What a fun dude Odin is! We loved his video!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

Marjie said...

Odin...named for a great warrior god...I'm sure you can keep up the battle with your Dad as to how the house should be run. Or, you can think of it as either keeping him amused, or trying to train him in the art of living right!

Dory and the Mama said...

OMD Odin, you are just the funniest doggie
EVER. You soooooo need your very own bloggie!!!

Smileys!
Dory

Dory and the Mama said...

OMD Odin, you are just the funniest doggie
EVER. You soooooo need your very own bloggie!!!

Smileys!
Dory

Two French Bulldogs said...

great post..Happy Pitty Day
Benny & Lily

kissa-bull said...

wow most studly for sures just like the mango and the corbin


pibble toots
the pittie pack

scotsmad said...

What a wonderful guy!'

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Roo said...

Great guest post! What a cool guy that Odin is :) Funny how he luvs his rubber chicken and I asked Mom to put mine far far away. It's squeak reminds me of a fussin baby. Very disturbing. BOL!

Waggin at ya,
Roo

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Howdy Odin, good to meet ya. You look like a happy fun loving guy. Funny how the peeps always like to show the silliest photos. Love your chicken too. We want one! No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

We absolutely love Odin's post! Mommy said Odin's dad sounds like Mommy's brother! Mommy's brother gave Mommy a rubber chicken just like Odins. He gave that present -- just because that's the kind of thing big brothers do to annoy their little sisters! Boy is that rubber chicken annoying, but Mommy was smiling thru the entire video! Too bad Mommy's chicken died and wouldn't squeak anymore. We absolute love Odin's place with all the toys! Looks like Odin's got it all! Thanks for sharing your fun post with us!

Kitty+Coco said...

Holy canoli, the chicken is in fact annoying. Bet I could shred it in about two minutes. Odin is a looker! This whole business about pitties being some kind of killer breed is just ridonkulus. Thanks for showing us yet another example of a great dog.

Kitty+Coco