Friday, August 31, 2012

Norwood's Dog Days of Summer - the last day

Before I start, please send some POTP to R who has undiagnosed sickies. 
And if you haven't already, subscribe the POTP site. You can post about your friends there too by using his little linky tool (so easy even my momma figured it out). 
Relentlessly Huge thanks to Roo for setting up the site.


Today is the last day of August and I will tell you that the Mango is most relieved as it has been entirely too hot for too long to suit my mentals.

The topic for today is "Traveling." Well, of course I am always up for a ROTE and am optimistic that cooler days will bring more opportunities for me to accompany the DOH on her pointless errands.

Drive, woman!


To her credit, momma does try to coordinate our journeys with a trip to the dog store wherein which she exchanges plastic dollars for nommy car cookies.


Wow! This one is alarmingly good!


But since we are on the topic of traveling, I am going to share with you this, my most popular YouTube video movie ever! Totally, I mean it. Like over 50,000 views. What's up with that?

No, the car is not actually moving and, to be honest, I have no recollection of this day as I was subjected to the laughie gas so that the vet could photocopy my innards. But I do get no end of pleasure in looking at my astonishingly handsome self, even dorked out.




Mango Man! Oh yeah!

P.S. Momma insisted I include this photo of idiot Pea because she says he is flying and that is a mode of travel. I think it is just photoshopped myself. Who could seriously do that. Am I right?



24 comments:

Molly, Taffy, Monty and Winnie said...

Mango we had never seen that video. How on earth did we ever miss it? Mum loved it she wanted to reach out and give you a nice big scritch.

Have a good weekend.

Molly, Taffy, Monty and Winnie

IRIS E DONA said...

Great video, Mango! you really are a movie star ! I'm your fan !

Kisses
Iris

Sam said...

Great video, Mango!

Sam

Reilly / Denny Cowspotdogs said...

Love that expression in the cookie shot!

Casey said...

I think people who work at pet shops must be pretty dumb, because who would prefer plastic dollars or green papers over COOKIES?! But they make the trade every single time. Oh well, their loss!

Priscilla said...

You are truly a STAR!

kissa-bull said...

Cans we have your pawtograph? Thats a great movie.
Pibble sugars,
Brinks n bella

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh Mango we are cracking up. You are one big doggy
Benny & Lily

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Mango,

That's nice of your mom to try to coordinate the trip to the pet store. Momster had taken Sammie and I a few times before but now with my brofur, she said she can't take me along. Maybe some day she will just take me and leave the brofur at home.

June

monica said...

Wow, such a great guard dog indeed! What could not have happened if you hadn't alerted like that!! Scared them off, sure did!!
Bundy

Jen said...

I really like the picture of you trying the "alarmingly good" car cookie!

Reuben said...

What a good protector you is!

And you even gotted car cookies - you deserves it for having your innards rudely photographed. Even if it happened eleventy hundred years ago, you still deserves car cookies to this day.

Love,
Reuben

The Boston Lady said...

Oh Mango I have finally had a few minutes to sit and visit and here it is the last day for your August thingy. Now I will spend the weekend going backwards to see all that I missed. Ann TBL

Ruby said...

OMD! I loved the video Mango! I started barkin' right back at cha....did ya hear it?? No? I'll have to bark louder next time!
My Moms thinks you are the cutest pups ever!

Kisses,

Ruby

Marjie said...

Great picture of you waiting for your chauffeur to move the MastiffMobile. I think Pea can fly; the little dude really loves to do the zoomies!

scotsmad said...

Sleep guarding!!! Love that nommy picture.

XXXOOO Daisy, bella & Roxy

It's Sept 1st here...First day of Spring, but someone forgot to tell the weather.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Mitch and Molly said...

We loved your video and your bark while you were on your laughie gas, Mango!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Howdy Uncle Mango, loved your video too. You are one good guard dog, not that you really need to bark cause who in their right mentals would try to steal a car with you in it hehehe. We are really annoyed cause in all the times we have been in the car, stingy old mum has NEVER bought us a car cookie!

Pea does look like he is flying, maybe he is full of gas so watch out. See ya big dude. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory
P.S. Mum says how come when you have grey hair you look distinguished while she just looks old?

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

That was a very sweet video.. It's clear the Mango is in there somewhere. So cute when he protects the car!

And Mango, yes, you lil bro IS flying! Too cute!

Lorenza said...

I know you love your trips to the "cookie store"
And sure you are the best guard!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Bouncing Bertie said...

We'd missed that video. So it's now at least 50001 views. Mano, you were, er, amazing....

Niamh said...

Mango,
As soon as you made those little guarding barks on your video we ran to the windows and started barking too!

Your friends,
Niamh & Ambrose

The Teacher's Pets said...

Too adorable! He did look very "loopy" but at least he perked up in time to guard his ride!

rottrover said...

Mango, you have such a sexy voice in your video...


Ruby